1 minute ago, Green Day said:

You can see why Celtic would want him in this age of 5 subbies - second half, other team is fucked, bring on 5 brilliant subbies and destroy them - basically like yesterday v Accies.

Boyle would be a brilliant addition in that strategy - Celtic fans havent got a clue "backup", aye like McGinn was overvalued and wouldnt get a game.

chappelle show lol GIF

"Back up" are some of the nicer comments... "not good enough" "not what we need" "not Celtic class" ya know the usual guff because he hasn't a fancy foreign name...

Tbf Commons seems to know that as a pundit he has absolutely nothing to offer from an analytical perspective so he's gone down the tabloid route of whipping up controversy.

Any time I hear him or read one of his hot takes he's quite clearly just trying to rile folk.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tbf Commons seems to know that as a pundit he has absolutely nothing to offer from an analytical perspective so he's gone down the tabloid route of whipping up controversy.

Any time I hear him or read one of his hot takes he's quite clearly just trying to rile folk.

Not sure he is smart enough to do that..  I genuinely think he is just as thick as two short planks... If you look at him on Sky he honestly hasn't a clue what's going on..

Edited by Bohemian

55 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Probably.  The 'treatment' of his good pal 'Lenny' perhaps?  Regardless, he's just another old firm window licker who still gets to spout his ill-informed, ersecheek focused pish, on a national stage for these simpletons to lap up.  It's not entirely his fault as he's been given a platform to wax lyrical on, but he's still a fucking arsehole.

Ah, I forgot he's a good mate of Lennon. That's cleared that up.

4 hours ago, Bohemian said:

"Back up" are some of the nicer comments... "not good enough" "not what we need" "not Celtic class" ya know the usual guff because he hasn't a fancy  name...

He’s got an Oirish surname, that’s usually enough for them mind you. 

9 hours ago, Green Day said:

You can see why Celtic would want him in this age of 5 subbies - second half, other team is fucked, bring on 5 brilliant subbies and destroy them - basically like yesterday v Accies.

Boyle would be a brilliant addition in that strategy - Celtic fans havent got a clue "backup", aye like McGinn was overvalued and wouldnt get a game.

chappelle show lol GIF

I don't think anyone really thought Hibs were asking for too much money for Mcginn. Lawwell however knew that no one else was in for him so thought he could get a couple of hundred grand less for him If he strung it out. Then the Aston Villa takeover happened quickly and he was caught off guard, its not the first time we have fucked up signings over relatively small sums though. And yes at the time he wouldn’t have been automatic first choice, but also at the time neither was Christie and look at him now. And yes of course Boyle would not get  a game ahead of Elyounoussi or Forrest, I would like him personally but I think two bad knee injuries* especially for a winger would mean a fair few clubs would be put off by that meaning Hibs are unlikely to get top dollar. The Commons valuation frankly is ridiculous though.

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Commons has a knack of being controversial and boring as f**k at the same time, quite a feat really.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

St Gallen is named after Irish Saint Gall 

There is also a hard cheese called St Gall.

Hard cheese Kamberi 

As well as your Irish connection, St Gallen are a rather old team, founded in the 1870s, and play in front of a 20k capacity stadium, wearing a green strip with white sleeves. They've won the Swiss league twice, with a 96-year gap between the two occasions; and their nearest rival team plays in the second tier. They seem to be somewhat Hibsoid, superficially, at least.

I wonder if this frees up and extra bit of money for new players or the club had already banked on him leaving when we signed Nisbet. 

A young athletic striker, with an eye for goal, good build up play and keeps himself in great shape. I thought we had a multi million pound player on our hands during the loan spell.....

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

He defo get a contract offer?

Sun is claiming he knocked Rangers back after checking out the terms on offer. And after burning his bridges with the Edinburgh Hibs, he's decided that the best career move is the Swiss Hibs. He's learned his lesson.

6 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Sun is claiming he knocked Rangers back after checking out the terms on offer. And after burning his bridges with the Edinburgh Hibs, he's decided that the best career move is the Swiss Hibs. He's learned his lesson.

Must of been shite terms if it scuppered his dream move...

I’d have liked Kamberi to have joined us. Even though he may not be the exact required standard we need in the long term, he would’ve been ideal to bring in given the circumstances around Morelos and Defoe’s injury.