19 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Hunberi could start for them today.  I hope we go with the same side as midweek. Doubt very much McNulty is match fit, Docherty either. 

Kamberi, McNulty, Docherty and McGinn are all on the bench this afternoon.

We are a really frustrating side at the moment.  We have a top 4 midfield and attack, but a bottom 6 defence. 

Against lower-ranked teams, we seem to be making a habit of drawing by dominating large swathes of the game, only to be undone by severe lapses in defensive concentration to undo a lot of good work.  I enjoy what I am watching and we aren't far off being a really good side, but defence needs completely overhauled in the summer i.e. two new CBs, a new LB, and a brute for a CDM to provide cover for certain games.    

FYI I was quite impressed by St Mirren yesterday. We made it easy for them, but they attacked with real purpose throughout the first half. 

On 02/02/2020 at 12:33, AberdeenHibee said:

We are a really frustrating side at the moment.  We have a top 4 midfield and attack, but a bottom 6 defence. 

Against lower-ranked teams, we seem to be making a habit of drawing by dominating large swathes of the game, only to be undone by severe lapses in defensive concentration to undo a lot of good work.  I enjoy what I am watching and we aren't far off being a really good side, but defence needs completely overhauled in the summer i.e. two new CBs, a new LB, and a brute for a CDM to provide cover for certain games.    

FYI I was quite impressed by St Mirren yesterday. We made it easy for them, but they attacked with real purpose throughout the first half. 

Super Paul McGinn to start and Jackson back in for Sevco game I hope. I'd give Bogdan a shirt also.  Just don't see us getting anything tho. 

On 01/02/2020 at 11:30, Zing. said:

We could only actively compete with the **** because they fucked it so badly and were stuck in the seaside leagues for so long. Couple of years up and they’ve spent good money and are now back to where the used to be. It’s unfortunate but  it was always going to happen. 

They are now technically insolvent now !

Hooray ! ( thanks Dave )

On 02/02/2020 at 12:33, AberdeenHibee said:

Hard to disagree with any of that, especially the bit in bold. Hanlon's drop-off is really worrying, especially given he's only just turned 30. Current deal runs out in '22 so finger's crossed he can get a spell out of the team and get back to his old form. Porteus' injury troubles are a big issue as well, and I'd agree we need a couple of centre halves in, in place of Jackson and, sadly, Daz. 

CDM is maybe the single biggest issue if we're going to continue playing this shape, and not signing someone specifically for that role (again) in Jan seems really daft. With the personnel we've got is there an argument for switching to a 3-5-2 or similar?   

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

We have exactly the same defence we had 5 years ago in the Championship.

Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson.

Doig will hopefully slowly replace Stevenson. McGinn will replace Gray. Jackson is actually pretty good but I think Porteous will play when he's fit. Hanlon still has a part to play but I wouldn't be against replacing him.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

We have exactly the same defence we had 5 years ago in the Championship.

Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson.

Well we have exactly the same players on the books, but only two would be probable/certain starters when all fit. So not quite the same thing...

6 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Hard to disagree with any of that, especially the bit in bold. Hanlon's drop-off is really worrying, especially given he's only just turned 30. Current deal runs out in '22 so finger's crossed he can get a spell out of the team and get back to his old form. Porteus' injury troubles are a big issue as well, and I'd agree we need a couple of centre halves in, in place of Jackson and, sadly, Daz. 

CDM is maybe the single biggest issue if we're going to continue playing this shape, and not signing someone specifically for that role (again) in Jan seems really daft. With the personnel we've got is there an argument for switching to a 3-5-2 or similar?   

Yes

This summer needs to be the transfer window where sentimentality goes out the window and Stevenson, Hanlon etc get replaced as guaranteed starts.

I have a lot of love for that group of guys but as long as we continue to reward players for 2016, we're going to stay floating around mid-table.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

5 years ago to the day since this goal 🥰

One of my favourite Hibs goals and away wins.  For the first time in my life we went into a game away at Ibrox expecting to win. I miss those days.....

edit. If you look closely you can see the most handsome c**t ever to wear a *** top.

Edited by St. Jude

5 hours ago, St. Jude said:

5 years ago to the day since this goal 🥰

One of my favourite Hibs goals and away wins.  For the first time in my life we went into a game away at Ibrox expecting to win. I miss those days.....

edit. If you look closely you can see the most handsome c**t ever to wear a *** top.

Was at the game. One of the best days out i've had supporting Hibs. 

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Jamie Gullan’s just scored a hat trick in 18 minutes for the development team against Huddersfield. Worth some first team game time at some point surely?

Was just thinking the same thing. I suspect he will be a perma fixture on the bench for the rest of the season, coming on for a tiring McNulty or Doidge in 2nd half of matches.

Certainly knows where the goals are.

eta.......just got his 4th !

eta.....and a 5th

Edited by Green Day