55 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Willem are above Feyernoord in Eredivisie. Hibs beating them shows up Sevco's results vs them as a nothing.

The results versus us are all that I care about wrt them........and the recent pumping didnt really make great viewing.

26 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I know we are shit, but they are no great shakes either was my point.

They have looked far better than Celtic the last twice they have played them - despite not winning the LC - and are right in there fighting for the title.

They are also playing in the "round of 32" in the Europa league in Feb.

Now, clearly there is financial doping at play -  plus ca change plus la meme chose, for the new club - but I am not sure how you can state that they are no great shakes...................................

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

They have looked far better than Celtic the last twice they have played them - despite not winning the LC - and are right in there fighting for the title.

They are also playing in the "round of 32" in the Europa league in Feb.

Now, clearly there is financial doping at play -  plus ca change plus la meme chose, for the new club - but I am not sure how you can state that they are no great shakes...................................

They were in a shitty group with two rotten sides and the worst Porto team in recent memory. Celtic have the better squad but Lennon is a tactical idiot as we know. Stop bumping up Sevco ffs. 

53 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I know we are shit, but they are no great shakes either was my point.

You were the guy demanding urgent team changes after we lost to an English Premier League team in a pre-season friendly, weren't you?

The fact is, Rangers are far, far ahead of everyone in the league, barring Celtic. Out of the 19 games they've played so far, 6 of them have involved 4-or-more-goal horsings, and their only loss is against Celtic. The main reason why we can't tell Rangers and Celtic apart right now is because both teams are smashing the rest of the league so hard that they're nearly maxing out the points they can get from playing everyone else.

To try to counter the plain, obvious staring-everyone-in-the-face fact, you're asserting that Rangers aren't that good, based on us beating a team in the same league as a team they beat in a mid-season training game where nobody - least of all anyone on or near the pitch - gives a f**k about the result and where the standard modus operandi is eleven substitutions at half time. It's a bit like Dumbarton asserting they could easily beat Aberdeen in the next Cup tie because Arbroath beat us in the pre-season friendly last July.

Clue: Non-competitive matches are training exercises. The result is utterly meaningless. What matters to the manager is getting the players fit, getting them game time and using them to evaluate the team. Scoring more goals than the other mob is nice to do, but of no actual significance.

I think we're going to sign no one on loan. Budget appears maxed out. We're realistically probably going to finish 5th to 6th at best (barring a complete collapse from Motherwell or Aberdeen) and should have enough to not drop anywhere below that. If we're spending money on someone it will be for someone here longer than 6 months who will help next season imo.

Could see an attempt at offloading Maxwell (loan is to the end of the season and guessing no break clause or he'd already be away) and Vela, and either Gullan or Shaw out on loan. If they manage to clear the wage bill out a bit and sign a proper defensive midfielder I'd be happy enough with that.

8 hours ago, Aim Here said:

You were the guy demanding urgent team changes after we lost to an English Premier League team in a pre-season friendly, weren't you?

The fact is, Rangers are far, far ahead of everyone in the league, barring Celtic. Out of the 19 games they've played so far, 6 of them have involved 4-or-more-goal horsings, and their only loss is against Celtic. The main reason why we can't tell Rangers and Celtic apart right now is because both teams are smashing the rest of the league so hard that they're nearly maxing out the points they can get from playing everyone else.

To try to counter the plain, obvious staring-everyone-in-the-face fact, you're asserting that Rangers aren't that good, based on us beating a team in the same league as a team they beat in a mid-season training game where nobody - least of all anyone on or near the pitch - gives a f**k about the result and where the standard modus operandi is eleven substitutions at half time. It's a bit like Dumbarton asserting they could easily beat Aberdeen in the next Cup tie because Arbroath beat us in the pre-season friendly last July.

Clue: Non-competitive matches are training exercises. The result is utterly meaningless. What matters to the manager is getting the players fit, getting them game time and using them to evaluate the team. Scoring more goals than the other mob is nice to do, but of no actual significance.

Was that the Newcastle debacle? I think I was proved right, horrendous league run followed and manager sacked.  

I think you miss my point, just because the rest of the league are shit doesn't mean Sevco are any great shakes. Even a friendly win vs Willem who are above Feyernoord says something about all conquering Sevco's Europa run. Stop ruining my fun anyway, spoilsport. 

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Apparently we are in for Boyle.

Can see a lot of Celtic fans being underwhelmed by this but given Lennons worked with him before he must know what he is getting and his versatility will help too. Has he been the same player since coming back from injury?

In the nicest possible way, f**k off. 

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Can see a lot of Celtic fans being underwhelmed by this but given Lennons worked with him before he must know what he is getting and his versatility will help too. Has he been the same player since coming back from injury?

After Hickey aswell.

52 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Griffiths + £5m plz. 

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

After Hickey aswell.

ryan reynolds GIF

Lennon appears to be trying to hand Rangers the league. Both decent enough players but Celtic should be looking for much better. 

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Pfft, the fans shouldn't worry. If they're trying to buy Boyle, it's not because they have serious intentions of putting him in the first team squad - he'll be sitting out all the important matches and only getting gametime for the occasional dead rubber group-stage cup game, same as they did to Allan or Mulumbu a while back.

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

ryan reynolds GIF

Lennon appears to be trying to hand Rangers the league. Both decent enough players but Celtic should be looking for much better. 

He hardly ever buy automatic picks for the first team  but if theres a window we should be looking to its this one. Im guessing with Boyle its to have another option for up front and to give Forrest a boot up the arse. Also a wing back option when going with 3 at the back.

As for Hickey despite signing 2 left backs this season its still very much up for grabs, I think Hickey however has been underwhelming a bit this season although Hearts seem to be a terrible place to develop past year or two despite some promising players