I’m pleased with shagger Ross so far. He’s instantly identified that Doidge and Kamberi need to play in a 2, Mallan and Allan both need to play in the no10 position and can’t be in the same team and that Boyle is best on the right wing. Hecky hadn’t figured that out after 10 months. 

He’s got an unbalanced team competing well, pressing high up the park and scoring goals. I genuinely thought we would get relegated under Hecky so it’s good to see in the space of 3 games we’re disappointed to only draw with one of the better teams in the league. 

Ross is currently getting the best out of Doidge but I still don’t think he’s a long term solution for us. He can’t play up front on his own, his hold up play is ok but not great, he lacks vision and technical ability, he can’t beat a man and he isn’t a threat outside the box. He’s a dangerous 6 yard box striker attacking crosses but that’s it, if he goes through another lean spell in front of goal I struggle to see what he’ll bring to the team.

If there’s any positives to playing the three best teams in the league over the next month, it’s that the deficiencies in the team will be highlighted. I’m confident Ross will go into the new year with a good idea of where we need to strengthen.

Edited by St. Jude

Just to let you know, your left back Sean Mackie is one of the worst professional footballers I have saw in the past 23 year of watching football. Absolutely horrific. He has no future at your lot nor at any professional side.

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just to let you know, your left back Sean Mackie is one of the worst professional footballers I have saw in the past 23 year of watching football. Absolutely horrific. He has no future at your lot nor at any professional side.

oh boy facepalm GIF by StoryBots

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Duly noted, thanks. On current form, the jobbers we sign as injury cover for the indestructible Lewis Stevenson tend to be the cheapest possible option, since we never ever need to use them. And what could be cheaper than conning Dundee into paying their wages for us?

Edited by Aim Here

17 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Is that in the "Upper" Level? 🤣

Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian
Thursday 26th December 2019
Tynecastle Stadium
Away – Kick Off 3.00pm
Payments will be taken on Wednesday 4th December 2019 at 9.30am.
All tickets will be allocated in the upper tier other than those ambulant supporters that have arranged lower tier.
Collections available from Saturday 7th December 2019.
Ticket Prices:
Adult: - Upper @ £34.00
Concessions: Over 65/Student Upper @ £25.00
Under 18s Upper @ £20.00
Under 16s @ £15.00
Under 13s @ 14.00

Hearts must be struggling to charge fans prices like that. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Those prices are outrageous, and they wonder why people drift away from the game.

Absolute joke, fans will pay it being a derby but it's just wrong.  Blatant profiteering.

Tickets should £20 for Adults and £10 for concession at every top level game in the country. 

8 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Those prices are outrageous, and they wonder why people drift away from the game.

Absolute joke, fans will pay it being a derby but it's just wrong.  Blatant profiteering.

Yep - we do the same to you when you come to ER. 

Perhaps Scottish football needs a massive league sponsorship deal which would keep ticket pricing down like they do in other diddy countries like Norway or Denmark?

Or maybe those in charge just dont give a f**k?

I know we haven't had Wednesdays match yet, but thought it worth putting Hibs tweet here re Saturday.

Fucking disgrace that 2000 Foodbanks exist at all in this country, but well done to the Helping Hands guys and Hibs (who will accept donations at the clubstore ahead of matchday) for doing their bit.

Originally put this in the General Election thread but the last few minutes were filmed at Easter Road last Saturday showing the Helping Hands foodbank volunteers.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2019/dec/10/anywhere-but-westminster-scotland-fear-and-lothian-on-the-campaign-trail-video?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other