All I was doing it merely pointing out that Petrie said that figure wasn't correct. As I've also said we'll likely never know for certain. Undisclosed fee is an absolute certainty but at a guess we'll take anything above £2m.

McGinn’s future is sure to be the subject of speculation over the summer. As an established member of the Scotland squad still operating in his homeland and not playing for Celtic, the midfielder is a rarity. It seems inevitable that there will come a point when he naturally outgrows Hibs and heads for more illustrious pastures, although, with St Mirren due 33 per cent of any sell-on fee, it would clearly take a significant bid to tempt the Easter Road club into parting with their main man. “I’m still under contract for the next two seasons so unless someone tells me otherwise I’ll be a Hibs player,” said McGinn. “I do have ambitions at some point down the line to go and challenge myself at a higher level. I think that’s only natural. But, like the Hibs move, it would have to be the right one for me. I won’t jump two-footed into something without thinking about it. Hibs have been great for me and I realise how much I’m still developing as a player. If I did happen to go anywhere, either now or a few years down the line, it would have to be somewhere I could go and improve.”

source; http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/move-to-hibs-proves-the-making-of-john-mcginn-1-4433062

Just now, Hibeesbounce75 said:

There weren't any Hibs fans actually fussed with the 33% but why would Petrie say it wasn't if it is?

Suppose there might be conditions attached to it.

Ordinarily sell on clauses are based on profit made on a deal so for example if Celtic have a 10% sell on clause on VVD who they sold for £12m then if Southampton sold him for £50m then Celtic would get 10% of £38m.

There may be some sort of conditions on this one, no idea.

In this case McGinn went for about £120K when his development fee would have been nearer £300K. Saints chose to cash in with Hibs and waive the rest of the development fee in lieu of the larger than usual sell on clause. Saints would have got nothing at all if the player had elected to go to America which was being touted by his agent at the time.

5 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

You're forgetting our past history of replacing good players and also you have to take into account who our manager is.  It's a fucking terrible combination. 

We struggled a lot, with both players in the team (and with the best squad).

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Oh, Gilmour said it. Look at his twitter bio. He's a fucking crank.

Ex Chairman of St Mirren F C, no longer constrained by the SFA/SPFL secret police waiting to fine for adverse statements. Retweets not necessarily my thoughts.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Suppose there might be conditions attached to it.

Ordinarily sell on clauses are based on profit made on a deal so for example if Celtic have a 10% sell on clause on VVD who they sold for £12m then if Southampton sold him for £50m then Celtic would get 10% of £38m.

There may be some sort of conditions on this one, no idea.

In this case McGinn went for about £120K when his development fee would have been nearer £300K. Saints chose to cash in with Hibs and waive the rest of the development fee in lieu of the larger than usual sell on clause. Saints would have got nothing at all if the player had elected to go to America which was being touted by his agent at the time.

If Petrie denies it, it's very likely bollocks. Accounts will tell us.

15 minutes ago, HaikuHibee said:

We struggled a lot, with both players in the team (and with the best squad).

Oh, Gilmour said it. Look at his twitter bio. He's a fucking crank.

9 minutes ago, HaikuHibee said:

If Petrie denies it, it's very likely bollocks. Accounts will tell us.

Green for the haikus

Must take a lot of effort

Pish posts in poem form.

Would miss Mcginn but if some team comes in with a healthy bid in the next week, id get it done as soon as, that's if he does want to go. Need to get preparation nailed this season, so getting players in and out early is vital. Would of course love him to stay, but wouldn't say no to another couple of million, to then use that to bring in more talent which we could probably profit from in future sales.