2 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

I can't see us doing that when we have 3 pretty expensive right backs in the squad already. Any idea on when James is due to return?

I think Whittaker will play there until the crocks return. Vela also played quite a lot at right back under Lennon at Bolton so we have the option to use him there.

I agree, spunking more cash on another RB now when we have other positions desperately needing improved would be silly. I’m not happy about Whittaker starting games at all tbh but needs must. 

Any idea how long James is out? 

Worrying times for Gray.

16 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I agree, spunking more cash on another RB now when we have other positions desperately needing improved would be silly. I’m not happy about Whittaker starting games at all tbh but needs must. 

Any idea how long James is out? 

Worrying times for Gray.

Listening to Heckingbottom's press conference it sounds like he hopes James will be available for selection after the international break which is good news. He looks like one of the better summer signings. Some reports suggets that we are in the market for another defender.. while we have been poor at the back, I'm disappointed that we aren't investing in the final third.

4 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

Listening to Heckingbottom's press conference it sounds like he hopes James will be available for selection after the international break which is good news. He looks like one of the better summer signings. Some reports suggets that we are in the market for another defender.. while we have been poor at the back, I'm disappointed that we aren't investing in the final third.

This really worries me. Game of opinions but I have not been impressed by James as well. He seems well out of his depth. Whittaker will be fine for the odd game but we really need a new right back. 

On 26/08/2019 at 19:12, Pet Jeden said:

In the absence of any joy to be had from our actual football results, do you mind if I linger here and giggle like a lunatic at your own little omnishambles?

The Dugshite Derby beckons as we both get firmly planted in the Bottom 6.

Excuse my ignorance here, but as an outsider I find it slightly baffling that people are calling for “heckys” head. 

I get it’s not been a particularly great start however surely he deserves time to turn it around considering how he turned hibs’ fortunes in the 2nd part of last season

1 minute ago, Dosser0209 said:

Excuse my ignorance here, but as an outsider I find it slightly baffling that people are calling for “heckys” head. 

I get it’s not been a particularly great start however surely he deserves time to turn it around considering how he turned hibs’ fortunes in the 2nd part of last season

I think he got a post Lennon bounce last season with players playing with freedom and enjoying themselves.

However as you often find once they have their first pre season and bring players in it becomes apparent they're actually fairly average.

Still it could be worse, they could have the specky w**k in charge.

There's no chance he's going anytime soon imo. He'll be given at least the next two games and if we somehow manage to get a result in the derby, he'll be here for the foreseeable future unless we completely fall off a cliff.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

There's no chance he's going anytime soon imo. He'll be given at least the next two games and if we somehow manage to get a result in the derby, he'll be here for the foreseeable future unless we completely fall off a cliff.

Plenty time for that... Hecky maybe at the wheel but he seems content to reenact the ending to Thelma & Louise 

7 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Plenty time for that... Hecky maybe at the wheel but he seems content to reenact the ending to Thelma & Louise 

The board are a bunch of shitebags. We could lose the next two and he still might be here.

18 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Both boards better do the necessary before the derby. If 20000 fans are going to have to peek at the match through their fingers, hoping their hated rivals hand them a right good skelping, then the Royal Edinburgh is going to be bursting at the seams.