3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Thought he was your saviour - but it looks like he'll turn wine into water.

He seemed like a saviour when he was using Lennon's squad, despite the shocking end to the season. Now he's brought a few players up from England who so far seem to think the SPFL will be a lark for them. Unsurprising the only signing that has performed to expectations so far has been Scott Allan.. a player Heckingbottom didn't sign.

Next few matches will determine whether Hecky himself is caught out by the whole "Scotland's easy" mentality those down south seem to have

On 13/08/2019 at 18:53, The_Kincardine said:

Pish.  Not only have we shared a manager (The Big Freckle) and three current players (Barker, McGregor, Middleton) but there are lots of players who have played for both clubs - a list not limited to Andy Goram, Colin Stein, Jason Cummings and Kevin Thomson.

See us and Hibs?  Like two peas in a pod...

Edit:  There was also a lot of grumpiness around Ibrox when we lost Peter Marinello to Arsenal.  We dodged a bullet there.

Your lot can NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be forgiven for lumbering us with Ally Scott and Graham Fyfe

1 hour ago, Captain Carrot said:

Your lot can NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be forgiven for lumbering us with Ally Scott and Graham Fyfe

😂 I had forgotten about Fyfe - not that it's difficult to do.  So he ended up at Easter Road?  He played a few games a season in a pretty decent Rangers team and I wanted him to do well as he was from Motherwell but was always a passenger.  IIRC - about the time I went to Uni in London - he was giving it the, "I was forced out of Ibrox" shite.  The truth is he was a liability. 

I remember nothing about Ally Scott.

On 13/08/2019 at 18:53, The_Kincardine said:

Pish.  Not only have we shared a manager (The Big Freckle) and three current players (Barker, McGregor, Middleton) but there are lots of players who have played for both clubs - a list not limited to Andy Goram, Colin Stein, Jason Cummings and Kevin Thomson.

See us and Hibs?  Like two peas in a pod...

Edit:  There was also a lot of grumpiness around Ibrox when we lost Peter Marinello to Arsenal.  We dodged a bullet there.

You missed Whittaker from the current player list.

Others would include Craig Patterson, Russell Latapy, Kenny Miller, Ray Wilkins. Can't think of many more, Butcher and Alex Miller never played for us but were in the dugout.

20 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

You missed Whittaker from the current player list.

Others would include Craig Patterson, Russell Latapy, Kenny Miller, Ray Wilkins. Can't think of many more, Butcher and Alex Miller never played for us but were in the dugout.

The general pattern seems to be that the good guys go west and the shite goes the other way - though McGregor has been a better player for you than for us.  I hope wee Middleton is another exception.  He's one of the good guys and has a bit about him.

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That's occasional Scotland captain Scott McKenna to you. 

Do I need to explain the difference between an asking price and a made up tabloid story? 

Of course not, the story is from the record and is no doubt drivel..............but how do you know our asking price for Flo isnt £2m?

Regarding McKenna, take off the rose tinted glasses and you might consider that you should have taken whatever (decent) cash was on offer for McKenna in the window - from what I saw he was charging up the field like a daft laddie and posted missing for Riejkas 1st goal and then didnt have the pace to get back for their 2nd the other night.

I dont know if he is a very naughty boy, but hes definitely not the second coming.