8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Two up top will never work with Allan in centre midfield, surely?

Only way I can see two up top with Allan working is if we get a decent defensive mid in and find a way to get a diamond working. We try a 3-5-2 then I worry if how Horgan will cope with defensive duties as well, Boyle's seemed to cope okay with it in the past

28 minutes ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

It's worked well enough before. Particularly well when we had Cummings and Malonga up front IIRC.

With all respect, was that not the championship with John McGinn beside him?

10 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Only way I can see two up top with Allan working is if we get a decent defensive mid in and find a way to get a diamond working. We try a 3-5-2 then I worry if how Horgan will cope with defensive duties as well, Boyle's seemed to cope okay with it in the past

That's what I was hinting at to Zing earlier. We tried three at the back before with Niall McGinn at wingback and it just didn't work. Think Horgan would be the same.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That's what I was hinting at to Zing earlier. We tried three at the back before with Niall McGinn at wingback and it just didn't work. Think Horgan would be the same.

Aye that’s the only issue. Horgan would be dropped and he was probably our best player second half of last season.

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Allan and McGinn never played together in the Championship

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I presume it was a hard working type player and not a Stevie Mallan type? I'm probably wrong of course.

We had McGeouch & Scott Robertson in centre mid our first season in the Championship when Allan was here

24 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Someone like Funso Ojo, perhaps 

As an adaption to my earlier post about Ojo. Class name = shitey no hoper from Scunthorpe. 

It will be absolutely hilarious if the boy turns out to be shite. 

I could live with your top target being just a squad player, if he isn't good enough I'm sure mcinnes will loan him out to you guys next season once you guys have another manager in throwing toys out the pram. 

Fancy Stephen gleeson and stevie may as compensation? Both could do with a club with less pressure. I heard Edinburgh has a nice castle and some juggling acts and museums. You guys might be able to entice them down for some milk tokens and some good skag. They'd need the skag to believe their career took a turn for the better. 

Nice Castle though, Stirling Castle is far better though don't you think? Sure you guys got a good look the other day.... 

Wonder if you guys could afford to sack heckingbottom or if it'll be another lennon situation. Will ask Santa if he will sort it for you guys by Christmas since we will be in lapland..... Rudolph the Red knows. 

1 minute ago, gudge1903 said:

I could live with your top target being just a squad player, if he isn't good enough I'm sure mcinnes will loan him out to you guys next season once you guys have another manager in throwing toys out the pram. 

Fancy Stephen gleeson and stevie may as compensation? Both could do with a club with less pressure. I heard Edinburgh has a nice castle and some juggling acts and museums. You guys might be able to entice them down for some milk tokens and some good skag. They'd need the skag to believe their career took a turn for the better. 

Nice Castle though, Stirling Castle is far better though don't you think? Sure you guys got a good look the other day.... 

Wonder if you guys could afford to sack heckingbottom or if it'll be another lennon situation. Will ask Santa if he will sort it for you guys by Christmas since we will be in lapland..... Rudolph the Red knows. 

I hope May sits tight on his big Sheep wage while enjoying the rides at Caddies on a Saturday.  Best place for him. 

8 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

The reason Heckingbottom was our second choice was that Mike Appleton wanted a decent payoff if he was sacked and Hibs told him to bolt. I've every confidence that Rod Petrie would have crafted Hecky's managerial appointment contract for optimal sackability.

1 hour ago, gudge1903 said:

FuckMe