Guest Bob Mahelp

Lols. m9.

Hibs have Hibs'd it already. Plenty of heads gone from the Hibs kidees. 

Great build up for a long season ahead. 👍

Guest Moomintroll

I think that Hibs are gearing up for a very decent season here, unfortunately can see them finishing above us unless we unveil some spectacular loan signings.

Twitter’s a fun read right now. Interesting to see the responses of the Hibs fans already pressing the panic button if we win vs Alloa. Only 4 players from our starting 11 was here last season and Steven Whittaker was one of them

7 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Twitter’s a fun read right now. Interesting to see the responses of the Hibs fans already pressing the panic button if we win vs Alloa. Only 4 players from our starting 11 was here last season and Steven Whittaker was one of them

Heads are absolutely hurtling towards the sky at a rate of knots on Twitter/.net after the last few days. 

If we line up like we did today for our first league game we’ll be relegation fodder. Good job we’ll be signing a few more players before then and have half our team back fit. Although we should be beating sides like we faced today regardless. The new guys haven’t done themselves any favours. 

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think Doidge and Kamberi upfront together will make a decent partnership especially with Boyle and Horgan in the wings. 

I hope Hecky shelves this 4-2-3-1 pish and goes two up front. I don't think that system works unless you have a vastly superior striker and no.10/wingers/inside forwards who all work together well. Every time I've seen any team bar Celtic attempt it in Scotland it looks awful with a woefully isolated striker fighting a losing battle on his own. If Flo's away we're going to need some quality in to replace him too, Doidge I think will be fine but I reckon Shaw needs a few months out on loan before we think about starting him regularly.

Edited by ShrooTheLookingGlass

11 hours ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

I hope Hecky shelves this 4-2-3-1 pish and goes two up front. I don't think that system works unless you have a vastly superior striker and no.10/wingers/inside forwards who all work together well. Every time I've seen any team bar Celtic attempt it in Scotland it looks awful with a woefully isolated striker fighting a losing battle on his own. If Flo's away we're going to need some quality in to replace him too, Doidge I think will be fine but I reckon Shaw needs a few months out on loan before we think about starting him regularly.

Two up top will never work with Allan in centre midfield, surely?

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Two up top will never work with Allan in centre midfield, surely?

It would if we went three at the back. If Mallan and him were part of the midfield three in that kind of formation we’d get pumped though. I think that’s the issue just now, they don’t do enough work or running with/without the ball. 

We badly need two midfielders in the mould of McGinn and McGeouch. Don’t need to be as good, as that’ll be difficult, but need to bring the same things to the side.

48 minutes ago, Zing. said:

It would if we went three at the back. If Mallan and him were part of the midfield three in that kind of formation we’d get pumped though. I think that’s the issue just now, they don’t do enough work or running with/without the ball. 

We badly need two midfielders in the mould of McGinn and McGeouch. Don’t need to be as good, as that’ll be difficult, but need to bring the same things to the side.

Horgan up to it at wingback though?

I would  try Flo and Doidge against Alloa, one striker at home vs Alloa would be a joke anyway. This is my fear about Heck, not that he's negative but that he wants to over think the game with formations that are unsuited to the players and game up here.  We should  be hammering these teams at home especially.

I was at the game yesterday. 

Pros:

• Jackson, Doige, and Campbell all look like good additions to our team.  Doige is a handful, I think he would be a brilliant partner up front with Flo. Jackson is like a taller and better ball playing Darren McGregor. 
  • Allan will get better.  Her had a couple of filthy little through balls yesterday.  Once the players around him tune-in to his mindset, it will be lethal. 
  • I think Kamberi, Boyle, Gray and  Stevenson would have made a huge difference to our shape yesterday, three of which are ready for selection and Lewy on his way back. Slivka and Marciano futures seem to be up in the air, but again both would have added to our starting 11 yesterday. 

Cons:

• The team as a whole looked unfit.  Running was turgid with not a lot of drive other than from Horgan, who was asked to do a lot. 
  • Newell does not look like he is going to hack it.  Unfair to write him off at this stage, but far from convinced. Looks like the sort of player who is happy to let a game run by if things aren't going his way. 
  • Squad looks a little thin at the moment.  I know we have 5-6 key players who weren't in the fold yesterday (4-5 of which who will be regular starters), however we should have more than enough to get past Stirling Albion. 

A disappointing result, but these games are absolutely not a reflection of where we are as a team.  Heckingbottom managed to drag us through into 5th from nowhere last season with a threadbare squad.  We are stronger now, but badly need a proper, mobile CDM as well as another striker (McNulty please).

11 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I was at the game yesterday. 

Pros:

• Jackson, Doige, and Campbell all look like good additions to our team.  Doige is a handful, I think he would be a brilliant partner up front with Flo. Jackson is like a taller and better ball playing Darren McGregor. 
  • Allan will get better.  Her had a couple of filthy little through balls yesterday.  Once the players around him tune-in to his mindset, it will be lethal. 
  • I think Kamberi, Boyle, Gray and  Stevenson would have made a huge difference to our shape yesterday, three of which are ready for selection and Lewy on his way back. Slivka and Marciano futures seem to be up in the air, but again both would have added to our starting 11 yesterday. 

Cons:

• The team as a whole looked unfit.  Running was turgid with not a lot of drive other than from Horgan, who was asked to do a lot. 
  • Newell does not look like he is going to hack it.  Unfair to write him off at this stage, but far from convinced. Looks like the sort of player who is happy to let a game run by if things aren't going his way. 
  • Squad looks a little thin at the moment.  I know we have 5-6 key players who weren't in the fold yesterday (4-5 of which who will be regular starters), however we should have more than enough to get past Stirling Albion. 

A disappointing result, but these games are absolutely not a reflection of where we are as a team.  Heckingbottom managed to drag us through into 5th from nowhere last season with a threadbare squad.  We are stronger now, but badly need a proper, mobile CDM as well as another striker (McNulty please).

Sounds like a rational review, cheers.

Some of the stuff on twitter is ridiculous, seasons barely started, FFS.