47 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Exactly. If you had run up debt all you might have won is a cup and for that you could have slammed a few million on your debt.  They get a hard time from some fans but neither Petrie or  Milne would allow that and rightly so. 

Clubs like ours run on a tenth of Celtic's budget. We can beat them in one off games but over a season, no chance. The lessons of watching financial lunacy run rampant at Hearts, Dundee and Rangers won't be lost on anyone.

Hearts trousered three cups and thumped us in one final while living outside their means and then got it all written off with a cva.  What's not to like? Seriously though, this American guy is probably not a Vlad Robinson type joker.

3 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Turning your face up at Lawrence Shankland, a guy who scored 61 goals in 50 games for Ayr and who would cost nothing, is laughable behaviour.

What's that now?

I don't think it's shocking that a top six Premiership club like Hibs might set their sights a bit higher than a lower league striker who failed during his previous shot in the big boys' league.

excited hooray GIF

All hail the dawn of a new age. Bow and tremble in fear at our might diddies!

I'd like to see these yankee dollars plus hopefully a McGinn windfall used to invest in high potential players that we can develop and sell later to create a stream of high income....plus maybe a few marquee signings to keep the punters coming through the turnstilles.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

What's that now?

I don't think it's shocking that a top six Premiership club like Hibs might set their sights a bit higher than a lower league striker who failed during his previous shot in the big boys' league.

Paul Hartley flopped at Hibs and came back to haunt us and have a big career.  Shit happens. I would sign Shankland without a doubt. His scoring record is better than Jason Cummings in the Championship and he did it at Ayr, not Hibs with the budget we had when down there.  Wouldn't be the punt some seem to think. 

43 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

See, United making 70m bid for Arry Maguire at Leicester,  SJM now sounds a bargain at 50m. 

We get a discount if we're buying SJM back off Villa, since we don't have to pay ourselves the follow-on fee - so we can outbid the other bidders with less money. We can use these Fantasy Premier League billions to bring McGinn home!

Edited by Aim Here

22 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

We get a discount if we're buying SJM back off Villa, since we don't have to pay ourselves the follow-on fee - so we can outbid the other bidders with less money. We can use these Fantasy Premier League billions to bring McGinn home!

True dat. Big Ron has to re-sign SJM or find the new SJM.  I will not settle for anything less. 

23 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You would still have to pay us our 66%.

1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

Is that Petrie offski then?

Rest assured, the tache still maintains his role as SFA President. His firm, steady hand, will be on the tiller of Scottish fitba' guiding it effortlessly from iceberg to iceberg, and he will be a constant, all-powerful presence in the Scottish game for decades to come. You have nothing to fear.

I always felt that to break old firm dominance of Scottish football it would be Hibs to do so.

The only way Celtic will be challenged is due to one of the other clubs in Scotland receiving outside investment or commercial sponsorship such as a name change to Red Bull or such.

Hibernian are a capital city club. Their stadium is attractive to potential investors. Edinburgh has multiple big "new money" businesses such as Skyscanner and Fan Duel. I thought a company like Fan Duel becoming involved to sponsor and invest in the team would be possible. If not, then American or Chinese interest.

You could basically buy a club in the Scottish top flight for the cost of a bang average EPL player. You could probably put a squad of free transfers together on reasonable wages with a good coach that would have a run at the title in Scotland. 

Hope it works out for HIbbies and this isn't another dodgy dealer. 

3 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Paul Hartley flopped at Hibs and came back to haunt us and have a big career.  Shit happens. I would sign Shankland without a doubt. His scoring record is better than Jason Cummings in the Championship and he did it at Ayr, not Hibs with the budget we had when down there.  Wouldn't be the punt some seem to think. 

As much as I liked Cummings as a player, he has basically done nothing outside of the Championship. He hasn't been a success in England and didn't exactly set the heather alight in the top flight here either.