5 minutes ago, bennett said:

You're actually raging that the wee ned got banged up.

I think you'll find most folk think the sentence is a little on the stiff side - three months jail for a non-violent first offence, which involved encroaching on the pitch and kicking a football? His offence was 'Breach of the Peace' - the vaguest 'fall-back' offence in Scots criminal law -  which speaks volumes about how minor it was.

Certainly a football ban and some kind of slap was in order, but a jail sentence?

Edited by Aim Here

5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I think you'll find most folk think the sentence is a little on the stiff side - three months jail for a non-violent first offence, which involved encroaching on the pitch and kicking a football? His offence was 'Breach of the Peace' - the vaguest 'fall-back' offence in Scots criminal law -  which speaks volumes about how minor it was.

Certainly a football ban and some kind of slap was in order, but a jail sentence?

You’re wasting your time with Bennett here mate.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I think the sentence is completely over the top, especially if it’s a first offence. At the same time he’s a fucking idiot, why do that? Why even get yourself in that situation? He’s only got himself to blame. 

I agree that the lad was an idiot to put himself in that position - also what was dad thinking about letting him that drunk before the game, however a precedent has been set now, and it’s evident that they are going to come down hard on football ‘hooligans’ as the media like to call them.

If that’s deserving of a jail sentence, especially for a guy with no previous record, then the Scottish jails are going to be bursting at the seams.

It will probably be appealed, theres a few precedents for this kind of offence.

tbh, even the thought of a week in saughton would be giving me the gary glitters...............

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I would spend one hundred days and I would spend one hundred more just to be the man who put Jim Tavernier on the floor

Don't give those two ideas for a comeback.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

John Wilson got 8 months for breach of the peace, the Hibs fan got off lightly imo. You can't run on to the pitch and have a go at a player, even Sevco players.

If a Sevco fan does similar I'd hope that he gets treated similarly.

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I think the sentence is completely over the top, especially if it’s a first offence. At the same time he’s a fucking idiot, why do that? Why even get yourself in that situation? He’s only got himself to blame. 

This. Someone was always going to get a harsh sentence to try and dissuade others from doing so. Hes just the unlucky fanny who done it at the wrong time.

The authorities will consider it worthwhile if it puts others off, and that's fair enough.

Not sure why folk are slating those who handed out the sentence though, it was the guys decision, and his alone, to run on the pitch with no idea what punishment awaited him.

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

Don't give those two ideas for a comeback.

John Wilson got 8 months for breach of the peace, the Hibs fan got off lightly imo. You can't run on to the pitch and have a go at a player, even Sevco players.

If a Sevco fan does similar I'd hope that he gets treated similarly.

Nice to see you refer to them as their correct name.  Acceptance is the final stage.  Well done.

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Disappointed we are not restricting the Celtic numbers for the 21st. Why are we allowing 4k of them into our ground when we could easily sell half of these to Hibs fans?  Btw I'm against restricting Hearts fan numbers for the 28th as we get equal access to their ground.

Leeann out.

16 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

This is what 'justice' is in this backwards country. Hibernian continue to be persecuted by the powers that be. They will not be satisfied until we are driven into extinction.

Yup, that Sheriff wouldn't have dared hand that down to a Cheeks fan. 

3 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Didn’t a Jambo walk free after attacking Lennon on the park in front of the cameras?

that was after a fair jury trial. 

the jurors were Mason Boyne, William King, Ian Paisley, Derry Swalls, Anna Prentice-Boy, Sasha Myfatherwore, Oran Gewalk, Fae Harthill, Jem Aintiendrai,  Roy Alist, Ewan Ionjack, Lee Ho Fookdepoap, Al Stersaysno and Dee Yoopee.   

unfortunately one aristocratic juror was taken ill,  there was no Sir Ron Derr. 

1 minute ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

He was found not proven on sectarian attack on Lennon and walked. Btw he is back at Tynie per a Yam pal of mine.  

No case to answer, on ye go son, btw Hertz have offered you any seat you wish at Tynecastle.

In saying that i know somebody that committed two murders with all the witnesses in complete agreement he did them and he walked twice on a technicality. The fact that he just happens to live in one of the richest areas of Scotland is neither here nor there.