5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

If Stubbs would just be here till the end of the season, as per your other post, that 'head start' is not a good thing, since he'd just be a stopgap - and then whoever we get in the summer won't have the advantage of having worked with the team, won't be used to how they operate, and will be making summer transfer signings cold - and it was misguided summer signings that screwed us up this season. I'd rather give the permanent guy the rest of this season to get caught up.

Yeah, but if he does okay, gets us top six say, we give him a perm deal. If he doesn't we say ta and move on. Bottom line, the fans would get behind him and it would galvanise the club.  Just now you've a meh reaction to a new manager who was clearly second choice. You can even tell by Heckie's body language that he knows this.  If he loses to Hamilton on Saturday the pressure will mount on all concerned when it could have been defused somewhat by a Stubbs caretaker appointment. I'd also point out Heckie himself was caretaker at Barnsley in league one for a long spell.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Adhere to the structure, develop young players... He's a coach, not a manager.

Cathro in disguise. I wonder if he uses a laptop in dugout?

I couldn't help noticing a similarity between the new Hibs coach and a man with a paper mache heid. I wonder if they are by any chance related? 

5c649c8220f77_paulheckingbottom.jpg.f362bc098e63eb330b39d3b82340e803.jpg

Frank Sidebottom

5c649c9ed6ff3_franksidebottom.jpg.6bc68cf1ca6a1a6794153678d23e33b9.jpg

Paul Heckingbottom

10 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

He’ll have exactly the same role Neil Lennon just had, was Lennon the manager?

I think he saw himself as the manager, and it was probably the root of the conflict that led to him leaving.

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

Just now, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I think he saw himself as the manager, and it was probably the root of the conflict that led to him leaving.

What? :lol: 

Of course he was the manager. You must know something we don’t?

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pretty easy start for Heckers. Is it Hamilton,  Dundee and Saint Johnstone? Yah. 9 points in the bag.

Celtic shortly after that, and anyways, St Johnstone are the team that Hibs simply can't beat these days.

17 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

What? :lol: 

Of course he was the manager. You must know something we don’t?

Follow the conversation. There's an important difference in perception between the titles of manager and coach. Ian Cathro was a coach, whereas Tommy Wright is a manager.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

It's a 3.5 year deal, and if the stories are true about Appleton's contract negotiations, he'll only get 4 m

Then only a buffoon would regard it as a 3.5 year deal.  It isn't.

Stubbs till end of the season would have been smarter, or keeping Lenny of course. We still don't know WTF happened there which I find pretty unacceptable.   
Why the f**k would keeping the manager who'd won 2 games out of the last 17 be inspiring? He'd every chance from me to turn it round because he done it last year, but he'd be sackable on both results and performances this season.

Underwhelming appointment but nonetheless I'll wait to see how he sets the squad up and gets on in the first few matches before giving him the benefit of the doubt 

14 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Did anyone in the Hibs support call him "Lenny"?

As I've said before, this boy's at it.

He may or may not be at it, but the name 'Lenny' was used on occasion by the fans...

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1025110695577362432/pu/vid/320x180/0AKCtOR_UNTjm0bO.mp4?tag=5

Excellent interview with "Heckie" on Hibs YouTube channel. Talks a great game, articulate and wants to improve us.

Top 3 beckons:thumsup2

Spoiler

Or bottom 3.........  

17 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Did anyone in the Hibs support call him "Lenny"?

As I've said before, this boy's at it.

So you were anti Lenny for 30 months but kept it quiet? You're at it pal. 

if i was you guys i would be dissapointed with this appointment. Appleton would have brought the smack down to this role but perhaps dempster and petrie were far too scared of sacakibg him later. i know i wouldnt want to tell him that news! hopefully you guys go in freefall after this appointment - 11th would be fine!

Watched his whole Hibs Tv interview, came across pretty well.  Good talker, young manager that probably stepped up too quickly at Leeds.  Has another chance at a big club to establish himself long term as the expectation and challenges at Hibs is not same as Leeds.