On 06/02/2019 at 23:36, 7-2 said:

I used a self-service till next to Appleton, his wife and daughter about 3 weeks ago in Manchester. He was as cold, carisma free and dead between the eyes as his pics suggest. Not one you'd like to meet in the fabled dark alley after pub closing time.

That's quite the character assassination there for someone you briefly stood beside in Asda. 

I quite like the idea of a scary looking bouncer being our manager.  “3 points or I’m going to be most disappointed chaps,  most disappointed indeed”.  Plus for all of Lennons anger, he ain’t got the physical presence to back it up.  Can we get Rob Jones as assistant?

Just browsing the Oxford United fan forums, they seem awfully nostalgic for the days when Appleton was in charge. Searching for the name pops up  stuff like:

"It’s bewildering that it’s taken so little time to go from being stable and fun to watch under Appleton to the shambles from top to bottom that’s before us now."

"He joined an up and coming squad managed by Appleton that was playing (and winning) good football"

"I disagree. This team under Appleton would be significantly better."

" ... should we lose on Saturday - relieve Robinson of his duties and get Michael Appleton in. "

None of these is atypical. Even the negatives are basically stuff like:

"Liam Sercombe to Pompey? think that was one of the few things Appleton got wrong letting him go."

With that kind of testimonial, I'm sold. Bring us the musclemonster, Leeann.

Edited by Aim Here

28 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Just browsing the Oxford United fan forums, they seem awfully nostalgic for the days when Appleton was in charge. Searching for the name pops up  stuff like:

"It’s bewildering that it’s taken so little time to go from being stable and fun to watch under Appleton to the shambles from top to bottom that’s before us now."

"He joined an up and coming squad managed by Appleton that was playing (and winning) good football"

"I disagree. This team under Appleton would be significantly better."

" ... should we lose on Saturday - relieve Robinson of his duties and get Michael Appleton in. "

None of these is atypical. Even the negatives are basically stuff like:

"Liam Sercombe to Pompey? think that was one of the few things Appleton got wrong letting him go."

With that kind of testimonial, I'm sold. Bring us the musclemonster, Leeann.

Aye. I had a browse around their forum when they signed Marvin Johnson off us and they seemed fully on board with Appleton. The sort of stuff you've quoted was absolutely standard.

Call me old-fashioned or outdated if you must, but it doesn’t sit right with me that Hibs are moving away from the tried and tested method of appointing good and honest Irish, Catholic managers.

Couldn’t agree more.

Before the interview even starts the applicant should be asked to sing an impromptu verse of “Broad Black Brimmer” to determine wether or not the club are wasting their time.

Just now, Dominique Malonga said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Before the interview even starts the applicant should be asked to sing an impromptu verse of “Broad Black Brimmer” to determine wether or not the club are wasting their time.

First question "Where on your body is your harp tattoo?"