Aye, I have my doubts about the WhatsApp message, but I think the gist of it may be similar.

Lennon goes over the top again with his criticism of Kamberi, Dempster pulls him up about it, Lennon says something back, shambles ensues.

im betting the truth is somewhere in the middle. lennon probably was pulled up for throwing a chair and then had a falling out with denpster at that meeting but doubt even he is stupid enough to call his boss a dyke! surely! likely the story has got arms and legs

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

He’s 100% capable of going there, it’ll just take a bit more than a shite WhatsApp message as proof that he did to convince me.

Yeah - it's merely a plausible account of what happened, in that it's consistent with the known facts as reported by the mainstream media (and the message came out very early too, which makes it a bit more credible).

The truth could easily be something entirely different and it could just be someone's idea of mischief, or just chinese-whispers-on-steroids, but so far, this is the only specific account/rumour/theory of Lenny saying or doing something to Leeann that's serious enough to warrant an immediate suspension-pending-dismissal.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

He’s 100% capable of going there, it’ll just take a bit more than a shite WhatsApp message as proof that he did to convince me.

Oh I don't think it's necessarily what happened at all, just saying that it's not saying I'd rule out either.

18 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Surely if he called Dempster a dyke he would be gone straight away, not just suspended pending investigation?

An instant dismissal for gross misconduct is the very last thing you ever want to do, HR-wise. Get it wrong and you're due a ton of money in unfair dismissal claims. Short of someone endangering other people's safety or physically destroying your business, where getting the offending employee off the premises is more or less an emergency, it would be a lot smarter to handle it the way Hibs have done - suspension/gardening leave followed by getting all the facts straight and looking up all the employment law procedures, followed by a less extreme form of dismissal, like a settlement, or at least one where you have time to prepare for any possible consequences, if the sackee is still disgruntled.

Edited by Aim Here

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

An instant dismissal for gross misconduct is the very last thing you ever want to do, HR-wise. Get it wrong and you're due a ton of money in unfair dismissal claims. Short of someone endangering other people's safety or physically destroying your business, where getting the offending employee off the premises is more or less an emergency, it would be a lot smarter to handle it the way Hibs have done - suspension/gardening leave followed by getting all the facts straight and looking up all the employment law procedures, followed by a less extreme form of dismissal, like a settlement, or at least one where you have time to prepare for any possible consequences, if the sackee is still disgruntled.

Fair play, makes sense. 

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Can't imagine Gauld being a wee grass 30 seconds in the door, but he does have that kind of face so mebbe

The text seems to source from a Hibs insider who isn't a player (Gauld would surely have been present at the meeting where the bollocking occurred), and I suspect that the purported Gauld sourcing was just added on as part of the chinese whispers process.

11 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

What a load of shite :lol: 

The message isn’t ITK at all.

The message came out very early after the news broke, though - it hit P&B less than 2 hours after the first stub articles hit the BBC, and the timestamp on the message screenshot itself is only about 40 minutes afterwards, when all the BBC frontpage said was 'Lenny will miss the St Mirren game'. It was early enough that it may have been being passed around before the details about there being two meetings, about losing the plot with Kamberi, or about him being completely finished at Hibs even hit the mainstream press, which would definitely mark it as coming from someone ITK. I certainly read about some parts of this before I read them on the BBC site or in the Herald.

Edited by Aim Here

On 26/01/2019 at 13:48, Crawford said:

He doesn't use it as a direct excuse as much as a mitigation.

He has so far used

- anti-irish sentiment

- hair colour

- depression

But no I don't think he has ever said "I threw a chair at him because I'm depressed".

Mind you when people commit serious crime and try to use "diminished responsibility" they do the same.

They don't say I did it because....

They say I did it but.....

^^^ boring fucker in the pub that everyone can't stand but thinks he's holding court