U20s won 2-0 v Aberdeen and are now four points (and plenty of goal difference) clear at the top of their league. Dundee have to win both their remaining games, first one is this evening v Hearts.

I imagine the Hearts boys will be pumped for this- a chance to lay the ghosts of '86 to rest.

1 minute ago, kristov said:

I imagine the Hearts boys will be pumped for this- a chance to lay the ghosts of '86 to rest.

How many overage players are you allowed? Should bring on Albert Kidd just for the lolz. 

Watch your back.

:lol:

What I meant by that was that I was planning on going to one of the Edinburgh teams this weekend. It wouldn’t have bothered me which one was playing at home.

I managed to get a ticket for the game through a season ticket holder that managed to get one for me.

It looks like I’ll probably be selling it though as we’ve decided to make the long trek to Stranraer instead.

Hope you hold off their title party for another week. [emoji1360]

:lol:

What I meant by that was that I was planning on going to one of the Edinburgh teams this weekend. It wouldn’t have bothered me which one was playing at home.

I managed to get a ticket for the game through a season ticket holder that managed to get one for me.

It looks like I’ll probably be selling it though as we’ve decided to make the long trek to Stranraer instead.

Hope you hold off their title party for another week. [emoji1360]

The rangers game will more than likely be fireworks if you can get a ticket for that, think your season will have ended by then.

12 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

The future is bright, the future is green and white.

Thanks to Hearts for finally remembering how to win at Dens Park in a title decider. Pity it wasn't theirs this time. :lol:

It was at Montrose so the Jambos will have to wait a bit longer. 

14 hours ago, HibsFan said:

The future is bright, the future is green and white.

Thanks to Hearts for finally remembering how to win at Dens Park in a title decider. Pity it wasn't theirs this time. :lol:

Nice one.  Are you expecting any of these lads to make the step up next season?

16 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

The rangers game will more than likely be fireworks if you can get a ticket for that, think your season will have ended by then.

Very good chance that Hibs will open up the South Stand to home support for the Sevco game. Which obviously means fewer Zombie****.  There appear to be only a total of 200 tix left for North, West & East right now.

25 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Nice one.  Are you expecting any of these lads to make the step up next season?

Porteous and Shaw are already in the mix for the first team, then Fraser Murray has looked promising in the glimpses he's shown. Lewis Allan is routinely finding the net in the Development League but not sure if he can make the step up. The only disadvantage to us making Europe is that we won't have a League Cup group stage to try some of them out.

10 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Porteous and Shaw are already in the mix for the first team, then Fraser Murray has looked promising in the glimpses he's shown. Lewis Allan is routinely finding the net in the Development League but not sure if he can make the step up. The only disadvantage to us making Europe is that we won't have a League Cup group stage to try some of them out.

You left out Dabrowski, who has eked out a semi-regular role as dugout seat-warmer in first-team games, but does have the usual problem of the 'dead man's boots' form of career progression that second-choice reserve keepers tend to have.

33 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You left out Dabrowski, who has eked out a semi-regular role as dugout seat-warmer in first-team games, but does have the usual problem of the 'dead man's boots' form of career progression that second-choice reserve keepers tend to have.

I think he will get loaned out next season, assuming Laidlaw is fit and Bell leaves. Dabrowski would have to stay as second choice if Laidlaw is still crocked.

Couple of points of interest in the English team of the year lists.

• Sol Bamba in the Championship team
  • Luke Berry (failed transfer saga last summer) is in the League Two team

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43810017

22 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Sol Bamba roaming about in defensive midfield in a Hibs jersey 

71F95A39-A3E2-4912-A818-A5CF12399889.jpeg.53cd49828e1576ff8c26e1e06870a75a.jpeg

Bamba was unbelievably good in the first half of the 2009/10 season at centre-back, which allowed Yogi to play a very attacking lineup. Riordan and Zemmama wide, with Stokes and Nish or Benji up front. Not much tracking back going on there, so the defence had to be spot on. Bamba went off to the Africa Cup of Nations in January, and pretty much had his head up his arse after that.

Edited by JamesM82

Some papers saying we are interested in Kenny Miller. I’d say it’s a load of pish but we all know how Lennon seems to have a thing for ageing strikers that don’t score. Let’s hope this one ends up the same way that Heskey did.