18 minutes ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Apparently playing Celtic at home first in the split. 

We'll get Celtic, Aberdeen and (possibly The Rangers) at home and we'll get Killie and Hearts away. The teams we stand the best chance of beating will be away from home.

12 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

We'll get Celtic, Aberdeen and (possibly The Rangers) at home and we'll get Killie and Hearts away. The teams we stand the best chance of beating will be away from home.

Wouldn't it be Celtic, Killie and maybe Rangers at home? Those are the teams that owe us a home game.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Wouldn't it be Celtic, Killie and maybe Rangers at home? Those are the teams that owe us a home game.

It doesn't work that way. Everybody owes everybody something and it's impossible for them to arrange the games in such a way that it's fair for everyone. We're generally the target club for being shafted.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

It doesn't work that way. Everybody owes everybody something and it's impossible for them to arrange the games in such a way that it's fair for everyone. We're generally the target club for being shafted.

The only team owing something they can't pay off is Rangers.

There's two different shaftings here - disparity of games vs Rangers and disparity of home/away games overall. Two teams need to suck up a hit for the first type, and only one team needs the latter shafting, and it can be done without any imbalance in the non-Rangers games on the schedule. That team can be one of the previous two.

For instance, if Hibs get the second shaft, it's just a case of Killie and Hibs playing Rangers away, while every other game balances out the season's Home/Away fixture count for that pairing. Hibs play 18 home games to everyone else's 19, and that missing game is the one they play at Ibrox. That way, Aberdeen doesn't get their schedule unnecessarily mussed up by playing at Easter Road again.

Other teams can be likewise singled out for the shaft, depending on the whims of the SPFL. The only matchups needing an imbalanced Home/Away count involve Rangers.

As an aside, Killie most definitely won't be swapping away games for home ones, since they're the only team, besides Rangers, who have more home games played than away ones already - they'll be one of the two teams going to Ibrox. It gives us a one in four chance (one in three, since there's no danger that it's Celtic) of being the other team playing Rangers away. I suspect Hearts might even be more worthy of taking the hit than us.

Edited by Aim Here

36 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The only team owing something they can't pay off is Rangers.

There's two different shaftings here - disparity of games vs Rangers and disparity of home/away games overall. Two teams need to suck up a hit for the first type, and only one team needs the latter shafting, and it can be done without any imbalance in the non-Rangers games on the schedule. That team can be one of the previous two.

For instance, if Hibs get the second shaft, it's just a case of Killie and Hibs playing Rangers away, while every other game balances out the season's Home/Away fixture count for that pairing. Hibs play 18 home games to everyone else's 19, and that missing game is the one they play at Ibrox. That way, Aberdeen doesn't get their schedule unnecessarily mussed up by playing at Easter Road again.

Other teams can be likewise singled out for the shaft, depending on the whims of the SPFL. The only matchups needing an imbalanced Home/Away count involve Rangers.

As an aside, Killie most definitely won't be swapping away games for home ones, since they're the only team, besides Rangers, who have more home games played than away ones already - they'll be one of the two teams going to Ibrox. It gives us a one in four chance (one in three, since there's no danger that it's Celtic) of being the other team playing Rangers away. I suspect Hearts might even be more worthy of taking the hit than us.

I think your post illustrates just how fucked up this system is. Not only do they need to ensure Sevco v Tic and Hibs v Hearts derbies are even, but also crowbar in that the bigots aren't allowed to win the league v each other - and what wiggle room have you got left over 5 matches for the other teams?

Something between very little and f**k all.

Congrats SPFL, huge congratsIMG_20171014_093425.thumb.jpg.8a1eb43d6608ad9d73edb1ee32993064.jpg

Quick Question.

Next Saturday, a few mates and I were planning on coming to your game v against Celtic seeing as the Rovers are away to Stranraer for a game that means nothing now. I’ve registered online etc but when I selected the seat, it told me that new members couldn’t purchase that seat. Is there an area where new members are supposed to sit? I tried selecting area 23.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Quick Question.

Next Saturday, a few mates and I were planning on coming to your game v against Celtic seeing as the Rovers are away to Stranraer for a game that means nothing now. I’ve registered online etc but when I selected the seat, it told me that new members couldn’t purchase that seat. Is there an area where new members are supposed to sit? I tried selecting area 23.

Cheers

^^^^Big team found.

29 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Quick Question.

Cheers

Unless you are on the database (purchased tickets for a non Cat A  game)  you won't be able to purchase tickets. This  is to avoid any ****, celtic or hearts fans in the home ends.

Edited by Cumdog35

2 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

Unless you are on the database (purchased tickets for a non Cat A  game)  you won't be able to purchase tickets. This  is to avoid any ****, celtic or hearts fans in the home ends.

I don't think it matters which type of match ticket you've bought previously; you have to have bought tickets prior to the current season.

8 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

:lol: Remember when they reduced our allocation in 2016 for the 2-0 game and there was over 22,000 empty seats and then again in the play off game and there was 10,000+ empty seats?

I'd have a stauner the size of the Eiffel Tower if they finished behind us and Aberdeen this year.   

I do like Lenny, but he loves his MacLean-types. Thank f**k they signed him.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-to-take-good-look-at-trialist-jermaine-pennant-1-4497165

FORMER Premier League star Jermaine Pennant has left non-league Billericay Town.

The 35-year-old ex-Liverpool and Arsenal winger joined fellow old top-flight players Paul Konchesky and Jamie O'Hara in joining the seventh-tier outfit in August.

Billericay boss Harry Wheeler said earlier in the week that Pennant had some "issues to resolve" when quizzed over his future.

But despite not being able to reach peak form on the pitch in recent times, Pennant has definitely been hitting the back of the net with his partner Alice Goodwin.

The attacker and Goodwin have been filming seedy online romps that viewers can pay up to £6 a minute to watch.

qS8OLE7.gif

Edited by HaikuHibee