Just read about the poor b*****d who lost his Hearts scarf and many irreplaceable badges at a function last night when some thieving c**t lifted it . Some Hibby has obviously read about it on KB too and decided to start a thread  on .net

Pleasing to see that the majority of Hibs fans have called out the OP Sioux for being a bell chief.

Not a bad bunch of c*nts you are.

On 16/03/2018 at 18:57, happyaccie said:

Question for you Hibees, after a fairly good return season to the Premiership, what areas do you feel Lennon needs to strengthen to allow you to kick on next season ? Do any fans have any suggestions for possible signing targets ? And who should the manager try and convince staying ?

With all the D Mc talk with him being out of contract come May, I would suggest a new enhanced contract should be offered to retain his services, I think another important close season signing should be making S Allan's deal permanent , he looks like he is a good fit for the club and vice versa.

Depends what happens in midfield. We could be looking to replace McGeoch, McGinn and have Allan back at Celtic ! A better scenario is that we keep DM and SA (all assunme McGinn offski).

Need strikers too, as both current first picks are loanees.

In general, defence has been good, might need additional cover at full back.

So, its going to be an interesting summer !

21 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Depends what happens in midfield. We could be looking to replace McGeoch, McGinn and have Allan back at Celtic ! A better scenario is that we keep DM and SA (all assunme McGinn offski).

I'm not sure McGinn will be off in the summer. English clubs really don't seem to rate Scottish league players nowadays, at least not to the extent of paying much for them. 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Is McGinn out of contract at the end of the season ?

43 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Cheers for that info, what fee would Hibs be looking for ?

They allegedly turned down £1.5M from Nottingham Forest (when managed by Warbiola) last August.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4838680/Hibernian-reject-1-5m-bid-Forest-John-McGinn.html

Complicating factor in any deal for McGinn is that St Mirren are allegedly due ~30%.

My thinking with McGinn is that if English clubs were struggling to offer £1.5M for him last summer, they're hardly likely to offer that much (or more) when he only has a year left on his contract. Equally, it's hardly worth Hibs' while to sell him for less than that, particularly when they would have to hand over a big chunk of it to St Mirren. So I could see him running his contract down ala Kenny McLean.

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

They allegedly turned down £1.5M from Nottingham Forest (when managed by Warbiola) last August.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4838680/Hibernian-reject-1-5m-bid-Forest-John-McGinn.html

Complicating factor in any deal for McGinn is that St Mirren are allegedly due ~30%.

My thinking with McGinn is that if English clubs were struggling to offer £1.5M for him last summer, they're hardly likely to offer that much (or more) when he only has a year left on his contract. Equally, it's hardly worth Hibs' while to sell him for less than that, particularly when they would have to hand over a big chunk of it to St Mirren. So I could see him running his contract down ala Kenny McLean.

I don't see enough of the guy to put a valuation on him, but I have a few mates who have seen him play around 50 games in total who say he should be in the £3-4 million bracket, but as you say English clubs seem to have a ceiling price of £1.5 million for any targets playing in Scotland, Hibs need to ensure they secure a 20-30% sell on clause.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Paul Hanlon has signed a new four year deal. Delighted with that. His sexy Scott Allan styled reverse shroo ball on Tuesday night must have sealed it for him. 

Fantastic news. Just need Flo, Dylan and Super John to follow suit. 

That is sensational news. Looks like we're in for a bit of a rebuild job soon but with Hanlon in his prime and McGregor/Porteous at perfect ages to gradually hand over that role, we've got a very solid base to build on for the next few years.

Im pleasantly surprised that nobody (other than Aberdeen) has been linked with him. He's absolutely strolled it this year and in cup games v Prem teams the year before. Now that he's consistently adding the attacking side to his game as part of a back three, he looks even better.

Feels like he's too good to be signing four year deals with us tbh. I'm not complaining though.

34 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

That is sensational news. Looks like we're in for a bit of a rebuild job soon but with Hanlon in his prime and McGregor/Porteous at perfect ages to gradually hand over that role, we've got a very solid base to build on for the next few years.

Im pleasantly surprised that nobody (other than Aberdeen) has been linked with him. He's absolutely strolled it this year and in cup games v Prem teams the year before. Now that he's consistently adding the attacking side to his game as part of a back three, he looks even better.

Feels like he's too good to be signing four year deals with us tbh. I'm not complaining though.

Can’t imagine him or Lewis ever turning out for another team. 

Can’t imagine him or Lewis ever turning out for another team. 

Almost 300 league appearances for Hibs before the age of 30 is pretty good going for sure. Plus 2 for saints when he was 19.

What’s Hibs record appearance holder, I’d imagine Stevenson will always surpass Hanlons total though.

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

Almost 300 league appearances for Hibs before the age of 30 is pretty good going for sure. Plus 2 for saints when he was 19.

What’s Hibs record appearance holder, I’d imagine Stevenson will always surpass Hanlons total though.

I think he played three games for us. Two league games and a cup loss against Rangers. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

I think he played three games for us. Two league games and a cup loss against Rangers. 

Note the word “league” in my statement. Haven’t counted cup games for Hibs either.

Hanlon has come a long way from the “shanlon” days. He’s a good Prem CB now. Might have something to do with having a decent partner back there recently. He’s had some proper shite play next to him. Happy with the new contract.

The days of Hanlon & O’Hanlon are thankfully long gone

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Note the word “league” in my statement. Haven’t counted cup games for Hibs either.

Fair enough