43 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Stubbs was a debatable appointment who left you for a mediocre post and has done nothing positive since. Lennon was a blindingly obvious appointment that any competent board should and would have made.

You're developing a situation where your club is run according to an ethos which I think is inimical to the development of good sides led by good managers. It's a daft fantasy of chief executives.

She’s made two good successful appointments in her time here, I’m willing to give her the chance to get the 3rd one right as well. I think she’s earned that. 

Shes not perfect at all but credit where it is due. 

My only main sour point with her is the Loyalty points situation which she seems to be against and won’t even consider discussing again. That’s another whole thing though.

43 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

She’s made two good successful appointments in her time here, I’m willing to give her the chance to get the 3rd one right as well. I think she’s earned that. 

Shes not perfect at all but credit where it is due. 

My only main sour point with her is the Loyalty points situation which she seems to be against and won’t even consider discussing again. That’s another whole thing though.

I am just surprised at the general reaction of Hibs fans on here to the Lenny sacking fiasco. That was an absolute mess and expensive too and nobody seems that concerned about it.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I am just surprised at the general reaction of Hibs fans on here to the Lenny sacking fiasco. That was an absolute mess and expensive too and nobody seems that concerned about it.

A lot of that comes down to watching Lennonball every week, it was turgid by the end and I would've paid the money myself to get shot of him.

ETA - should've put that in a spoiler, Snifter Piss Rot or whatever he's called is going to keel over when he reads it.

Edited by HibsFan

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

What's so surprising? The majority of us are reading between the lines and surmising Lennon did something that would make his position at the club untenable. The club did the decent thing and let him go, whether or not with the remainder of his pay(to be honest it looked like he didn't want to be here anyway) to save both the club and Lennon being dragged through the mud. If we had been performing well before this incident we would be upset but he we weren't and the majority of fans could see he had to take the lion's share of the blame for this. He was also responsible for playing one of our brightest stars whilst injured and is now ruled out for the rest of the season. I'm taking it rather well to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

What do you want us to do?

Lennon was already underperforming when the mutually-consented parting-of-the-ways happened - if he hadn't made the top 6 by the split, he'd probably have been out on his arse anyways. And we don't know what went on that led to him leaving - it wouldn't have been entirely out of character for him to to have said or done something unacceptable. Outside of a handful of gung-ho mini-Celtic roasters (like the guy who brought his Celtic-supporting mate into the away end at Parkhead the other day to sing 'One Neil Lennon'), there's not that much call for a 'sack the board' campaign on behalf of a manager whose footballing mistakes (whatever they were) led to a pretty disappointing season.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Outside of a handful of gung-ho mini-Celtic roasters (like the guy who brought his Celtic-supporting mate into the away end at Parkhead the other day to sing 'One Neil Lennon'), there's not that much call for a 'sack the board' campaign on behalf of a manager whose footballing mistakes (whatever they were) led to a pretty disappointing season.

If anyone ever feels bad about themselves, just look at @ClydeOutreach on Twitter and you'll instantly cheer up.

On 2/6/2019 at 16:06, HibsFan said:

Call me old-fashioned or outdated if you must, but it doesn’t sit right with me that Hibs are moving away from the tried and tested method of appointing good and honest Irish, Catholic managers.

Good to see that Petrie and Dempster both read this thread for advice. Jim Magilton's fen*an army!

Magilton would be a great signing imo. I’ve been absolutely seething the boozers have been so busy on match day since we won the cup. 

We’ll be down to circa 9k in no time and the boozers will have absolutely zero queues. Just the way I like them. Bliss.

Just now, HibsFan said:

The thought of arriving at the Harp and Castle for 2pm and still getting a seat.  Leo.jpg.84b6292152b4f75944e44d7090acebf3.jpg

:lol: Exactly the boozer I was talking about. I used to be able to arrive at half 12 every home game during the Fenlon, Butcher and early Stubbs reign and get a seat.

The good old days.

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

While this is a very good point, I’m still absolutely petrified that he might get the job. 

Petrie-fy, vb, to place in a state of fear or suspense at the outcome of pending decisions of the Hibernian Football Club board of management...

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'd love to talk Jeremiah's Taproom into it just to see all those hipsters faces on match days.

Only been in once, didn't realise it was particularly hipsterish, was certainly fucking expensive enough to be mind.

Brass Monkey joining in would be the one that really finishes them off.