26 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That scattergun approach has won us the same number of trophies as Aberdeen in the last ten years (although ours was a big cup). 

6C12F7D8-D0E9-4656-A142-269A67731F9E.png.1ca8f6668d36eb82c6ca5473894ae382.png

It's probably another reason why you've won the Championship trophy too.

A trophy we've never been in contention for.

Tudur Jones summed up Butcher’s tenure by adding: “[Those post-match scenes] are what we could have had more often - if we weren’t so useless. F** sake.”
Succinct and very much to the point. Dark times indeed.......[emoji15]

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

The knee injury sustained by Martin Boyle on international duty is, unfortunately, likely to keep him out for the rest of the season. Martin underwent surgery this morning and we look forward to seeing him back in action for pre-season....

Tough break for the lad, great player to watch when he's in full flow.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

“It all just got on top of me a bit,” he admitted, adding: “If you go a few games without scoring, the fans are like, ‘we’ve just bought this guy for X amount, why isn’t he scoring? Why didn’t we keep Leigh Griffiths?’“ Once I did start scoring they warmed to me a little bit more.”

Bold talk from someone who averaged one goal every six game sin the league.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Tough break for the lad, great player to watch when he's in full flow.

He does look like a flying machine. When I saw him against Livi at Easter Rd I thought, 'he could get a goal here'. I saw him on tv in another game and thought the same... but then looking at the stats he really doesn't seem to score a lot for how, ahem, penetrative his play is. Maybe he just has bags of potential :huh: Am i talking sh1te?  

A shame he's had a bad injury. It'll be good to see him back on the park.

He does look like a flying machine. When I saw him against Livi at Easter Rd I thought, 'he could get a goal here'. I saw him on tv in another game and thought the same... but then looking at the stats he really doesn't seem to score a lot for how, ahem, penetrative his play is. Maybe he just has bags of potential :huh: Am i talking sh1te?  
His finishing is fucking woeful. He is decent when he doesn't have time to think about it and has scored a couple of worldies when that happens. As soon as he's taken a couple of touches to get in front of goal he turns into a puppet with some strings tangled up. It's improved a bit over the last couple of years, but it's still pretty shite.

Regardless of that he'll be missed. You're not expecting too many goals, but his pace really unsettles teams. He sets up a lot of chances too.

11 hours ago, crispy said:

He did score this absolute peach against livi a few years back. 

Part of the problem this season is that Lennons has chopped and changed his position, playing him right wing, wing back and also up front quite often. He just isn’t a striker, particularly at this level. 

His best position is on the right wing, running at the full back and whipping balls across the box. He needs a settled run of games in that position and I’m confident he’ll refund his form. 

It would also benefit him if Gray comes back. When he plays on the right with Whittaker there is a lack of overlapping runs and so he gets doubled up on. 

8 hours ago, Lebowski said:

His finishing is fucking woeful. He is decent when he doesn't have time to think about it and has scored a couple of worldies when that happens. As soon as he's taken a couple of touches to get in front of goal he turns into a puppet with some strings tangled up. It's improved a bit over the last couple of years, but it's still pretty shite.

Regardless of that he'll be missed. You're not expecting too many goals, but his pace really unsettles teams. He sets up a lot of chances too.

He gives me the fear when up against Considine. His final ball is pretty terrible, but the amount of chances he'll get against him he is bound to get one right.

On 10/01/2019 at 00:08, The Grass Is Greener. said:

We must be the worst club in the UK for transfer rumours and people pretending to be ITK. 

The same shite every window.

I am totes ITK (in the kludgie?) mate

A boy I spoke to in the bar told me we would get Sparky shortly - £150k mentioned

Mind you, I am stuck in an airport hotel in Seoul making up shite on a web forum, so.......................

Regardless of what you think about Boyle's ability he never hides and causes problems more often than not.
He will be missed. 

Boyle gives me the fear every time we play you. It was clear in the league cup tie we saw him as your biggest threat. And as soon as he got free from max Lowe we got battered.

Saying that, if he could finish he would’ve had about 4 that night.