14 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Bristol City want Kamberi on loan. 

ffs Kamberi and Efe are our most talented players. McLaren hasn't been at the races at all and needs someone like Kamberi beside him and a player like Allan behind him, I suspect he might be getting punted back to Germany. The players available on frees in January are usually guys who failed to make the grade at their last club and contracted players of proven ability will come at a premium.

Efe Ambrose has left Hibs after triggering a clause in his contract allowing him to leave the club this month. 

The Nigerian defender has turned down the offer of an improved three-year deal, having signalled his desire to “pursue an opportunity elsewhere”, according to the club

I mind the night Ambrose made his hibs debut against us in Paisley.  St Mirren fans cheered his every touch in anticipation of a mistake but he was a stand out. Only hibs player that night that played well. We won 2 nil but big Ambrose looked a level above everyone else. Big miss for hibs him leaving. 

Goodnight actual Nigerian Prince 🤴

Honestly think Efe has been our best ball playing defender since Sauzee. And for all the talk of his mistakes, I'm pretty convinced he's cost us less goals than anyone he's played with apart from Porteous.

Huge loss to us.

Let's no forget he took a massive wage cut to  come to Hibs in the 1st place and because of the get out clause in his contract he'll probably earn 4 or 5 times more than what Hibs would ever give him. Gonnae be difficult to replace and  been a fantastic Hibs signing over 2 years and despite my disappointment goes with bestest wishes. 

Edited by newcastle broon

Guest Bob Mahelp

He'll be sadly missed.

His performance in the GMS rout of Hibs last December was one of the stand-out displays in living memory.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Efe has been our best player by a mile this season. He came in with a bad reputation but from what I can remember only had a couple of properly dreadful games in a Hibs shirt. 

Our midfield are going to have to take some responsibility in driving forward with the ball now he’s away.

12 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Efe has been our best player by a mile this season. He came in with a bad reputation but from what I can remember only had a couple of properly dreadful games in a Hibs shirt. 

Our midfield are going to have to take some responsibility in driving forward with the ball now he’s away.

The odd howler goes with the territory if you are a ball-playing defender. Like Soutar or even the £50m John Stones ! If fans just want a machine who will tackle or header anything within radar distance, then that's what a Berra or Hanlon or Porteous are for. Unless you are a LIverpool who can afford a Rolls Royce who can defend and pass, like Van Dyke, then it's ideal to have one of each imo. I'll certainly be glad Ambrose isn't lining up against us next game.

Anyone hear of a £300k bid plus 25% sell on clause for Shankland ?

Apparently there's rumours flying around and he's mysteriously picked up a "slight knock" and is out of our match with Falkirk tomorrow ??

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Anyone hear of a £300k bid plus 25% sell on clause for Shankland ?

Apparently there's rumours flying around and he's mysteriously picked up a "slight knock" and is out of our match with Falkirk tomorrow ??

Think that started from a wind up twitter account. Wouldn’t take any notice.