31 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Lennon has made an absolute mess of this squad. Unbalanced midfield. Defence that is slow and all over the place when they play as a three (which he seems determined to stick with). Two first team strikers that are badly out of form and confidence. Daryl Horgan constantly being played out of position. 

Thats not the first time this season that Lennon has started a shambolic team then made subs at half time to try and fix it. 

I wouldn’t be disappointed if he was to leave now tbh. He seems to have lost this squad. I no longer feel like they’ll turn it around after a bad result or performance like we have done previously under Lennon. Maybe his scary wee guy persona has worn off.

Thought his comments about a glass ceiling and Hibs not having the nous to replace McGinn were disrespectful and quite disloyal tbh. Even more so than constantly allowing interviews to become all about Celtic. And then you’ve got serial drama queen threats of “I don’t know if I will carry on”. He inherited some top players from Stubbs and has produced one (expected) promotion plus one good season back up - which probably seemed better than it was,  just because Hearts were a shambles. But really, Dempster and Petrie must be very close to telling him to GTF.

39 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Thought his comments about a glass ceiling and Hibs not having the nous to replace McGinn were disrespectful and quite disloyal tbh. Even more so than constantly allowing interviews to become all about Celtic. And then you’ve got serial drama queen threats of “I don’t know if I will carry on”. He inherited some top players from Stubbs and has produced one (expected) promotion plus one good season back up - which probably seemed better than it was,  just because Hearts were a shambles. But really, Dempster and Petrie must be very close to telling him to GTF.

I dont think you can blame him for questions he is asked about Celtic - in the last presser I watched he told the journos he wouldnt answer questions about anything but Hibs.

However I agree with the rest of your comments - Steve Clarke or Tommy Wright would love to have the budget he has. It is all about how it is utilised (while Hibs have a recruitment team, there is no question that NL influences the type of players signed) so his chat on that front is bizarre !

Having spoken to a few of our fans, the general feeling is that nobody cares now if he walks or is sacked. Even allowing for some daft signings, he doesnt seem to have a clue as to his best lineup, which probably means that the players are getting pissed off never being in the same position 2 weeks on the trot.

It is starting to become the Neil Lennon show, and while I have a lot of sympathy with how he gets treated by some people in Scotland, I dont buy a season ticket to watch Neil Lennon.

The way that Dempster works is to have other manager targets in mind (so as not to jump for the first out of work dingull available) however it may be that person X is already in a job they are enjoying - so its not that simple unfortunately.

I can see us beating St Mirren next week then not winning another match in December.

Pass the razor blades......................

Edited by Green Day

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

The question is should he be given the chance to decide or should he be sacked.. it's a shit show at the moment and I can't see how it's gonna get better..

There’s no chance we’ll sack him. He’ll walk before the January break after we’ve been pumped silly throughout December.

4 hours ago, Green Day said:

I dont think you can blame him for questions he is asked about Celtic - in the last presser I watched he told the journos he wouldnt answer questions about anything but Hibs.

However I agree with the rest of your comments - Steve Clarke or Tommy Wright would love to have the budget he has. It is all about how it is utilised (while Hibs have a recruitment team, there is no question that NL influences the type of players signed) so his chat on that front is bizarre !

Having spoken to a few of our fans, the general feeling is that nobody cares now if he walks or is sacked. Even allowing for some daft signings, he doesnt seem to have a clue as to his best lineup, which probably means that the players are getting pissed off never being in the same position 2 weeks on the trot.

It is starting to become the Neil Lennon show, and while I have a lot of sympathy with how he gets treated by some people in Scotland, I dont buy a season ticket to watch Neil Lennon.

The way that Dempster works is to have other manager targets in mind (so as not to jump for the first out of work dingull available) however it may be that person X is already in a job they are enjoying - so its not that simple unfortunately.

I can see us beating St Mirren next week then not winning another match in December.

No, he can't be blamed for the press obsession with all things Celtic and Rangers. And he's maybe wised up now - or been told to. But there have been a few times over the last year or so when I would have expected him to just say " I'm the Hibs manager - next question" 

Anyway, I'm away to stick some pins into a Bobby Madden vodoo doll.

5 hours ago, Green Day said:

You might have to wait for Wolves to tumble down the table before Cathro becomes available

16 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

You might have to wait for Wolves to tumble down the table before Cathro becomes available

The Cathro situation is one I find myself a bit conflicted about.

He clearly had some innovative ideas about coaching and could - and should - have been part of a successful Hearts first team coaching and management team under someone acting as a proper DoF.

What happened, slightly unfortunately for Cathro, was that he was thrown into the traditional manager role by Levein when he was entirely unsuited to the front facing bit and - certainly from the outside - when things started to go wrong he appeared to have no proper support.

On the other hand, I loved the utter car crash that his management at Hearts became - especially his insane press conferences :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

The Cathro situation is one I find myself a bit conflicted about.

He clearly had some innovative ideas about coaching and could - and should - have been part of a successful Hearts first team coaching and management team under someone acting as a proper DoF.

What happened, slightly unfortunately for Cathro, was that he was thrown into the traditional manager role by Levein when he was entirely unsuited to the front facing bit and - certainly from the outside - when things started to go wrong he appeared to have no proper support.

On the other hand, I loved the utter car crash that his management at Hearts became - especially his insane press conferences :thumsup2

tbf, although nobody had a scooby what he was trying to say,  he did at least turn up for his press conferences

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

tbf, although nobody had a scooby what he was trying to say,  he did at least turn up for his press conferences

Its a team game at Hibs - lose together, lose together...........

£22 for the cup game against Elgin [emoji38] The attendance will be akin to an Accies game.
that could be down to elgin though as they have a 50% say on the ticket prices. 2k at £22 a skull is a massive pay day for them. shite for your average hibs fan though

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

That pre match interview from Parker is a shocker :lol: 

Entirely blaming the players/singling out Kamberi is Butcher behaviour. So is the fact that he keeps saying we’ll be replacing them all in January. 

What really leapt out to me was this......."......we got them out the Championship....."

So the management team are different from and separate to the players. And the credit for the promotion belongs to team Lennon-Parker, not the players or the club in general. Even if he thinks this, he should have the nous to keep it in his head. It does suggest things will not be well behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

What really leapt out to me was this......."......we got them out the Championship....."

So the management team are different from and separate to the players. And the credit for the promotion belongs to team Lennon-Parker, not the players or the club in general. Even if he thinks this, he should have the nous to keep it in his head. It does suggest things will not be well behind the scenes.

You watched a Hibs pre match interview?

facepalm.jpeg.7562bb71bcbf5eaa1a578f742065774e.jpeg

I would rather gouge my fuckin eyeballs out with one of the (rusty) spoons choried from hearts school view restaurant than watch a hearts coach dribble inanities.

Are you obsessed or do you get all moist thinking about big hairy Gary Parker?

8 hours ago, Green Day said:

You watched a Hibs pre match interview?

facepalm.jpeg.7562bb71bcbf5eaa1a578f742065774e.jpeg

I would rather gouge my fuckin eyeballs out with one of the (rusty) spoons choried from hearts school view restaurant than watch a hearts coach dribble inanities.

Are you obsessed or do you get all moist thinking about big hairy Gary Parker?

I would rather that my lust for the hot Hairy Parker had not been outed but hey-ho.

You’ve got to agree those words “we get them out the championship” tells you they think they are not part of Hibs, they are better than Hibs, they are responsible for promoting Hibs, they are doing Hibs a favour by being there. That kind of bell-end attitude will absolutely destroy team spirit. Hibs would be better removing Parker from press duty and re-attaching him to his pole in the wheat field next to East Mains.

(btw love the use of the word “choried”. (For anyone under the age of 50 and not from Edinburgh, to chory = to steal)