image.thumb.png.2a9dcd3c39b4b10a85a64abd95a3249d.png

So this is the squad for the rest of the season.

Red text = probably won't see any more of them this season

Question mark = injured but it's unclear for how long

Highlighted = players I think most fans would agree will either be too old/shite/unhappy/never available/on loans we're unlikely to be able to renew or sign permanently by the end of the season. Add/remove McGeady, Tait, Hauge, Kenneh as you like 

It's ehm not very good is it. 

image.png.e421469c1e08b1dbb6aa2ae4c58f4ab2.png

And that's the team I'd hope we retain for next year (? = may not be able to keep/make loan permanent/ may not be worth it due to injuries/ may not want to stay as a squad player if we upgrade/others may think are too shite to persevere with) - probably harsh on McGeady as he doesn't look his age pace-wise. It's ehm not very good is it.

Happy with the GKs, blood Johnson in the cups and bring in a random jobber to help with training. 

Happy enough with the forwards (massive caveats over us being able to keep 3/4 of the senior players ) - 2 good out and out CFs, 2 exciting youngsters to back them up and 2 good wide players who can cover centrally as well. Probably want at least 1 very good wide player. 

Defence and midfield is essentially the same thing we've been saying since about 2017 and 2018 respectively, it needs completely rebuilt.

Probably need 3 out of 4 starting defenders, plus additional CBs. 

Happy enough with Magennis and Campbell as options as a box to box/10 type midfielder who gets goals in the box, a type of player that's really effective in this league and we rarely seem to have. Jeggs and Kenneh are I guess an OK couple of options as screening midfielders but I wouldn't be too chuffed if either plays a lot. Imo we need 2 or 3 additional midfielders who are either aggressive/smart players off the ball but can  also pass more than 5 yards or playmaker types to replace Newall; with a couple of Newall, Tait etc leaving. 

So essentially 5 or 6 starters, plus 3 or 4 good squad players, required in the summer; and a lot of unattractive players to move on. New DoF will be busy... 

18 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

image.thumb.png.2a9dcd3c39b4b10a85a64abd95a3249d.png

So this is the squad for the rest of the season.

Red text = probably won't see any more of them this season

Question mark = injured but it's unclear for how long

Highlighted = players I think most fans would agree will either be too old/shite/unhappy/never available/on loans we're unlikely to be able to renew or sign permanently by the end of the season. Add/remove McGeady, Tait, Hauge, Kenneh as you like 

It's ehm not very good is it. 

image.png.e421469c1e08b1dbb6aa2ae4c58f4ab2.png

And that's the team I'd hope we retain for next year (? = may not be able to keep/make loan permanent/ may not be worth it due to injuries/ may not want to stay as a squad player if we upgrade/others may think are too shite to persevere with) - probably harsh on McGeady as he doesn't look his age pace-wise. It's ehm not very good is it.

Happy with the GKs, blood Johnson in the cups and bring in a random jobber to help with training. 

Happy enough with the forwards (massive caveats over us being able to keep 3/4 of the senior players ) - 2 good out and out CFs, 2 exciting youngsters to back them up and 2 good wide players who can cover centrally as well. Probably want at least 1 very good wide player. 

Defence and midfield is essentially the same thing we've been saying since about 2017 and 2018 respectively, it needs completely rebuilt.

Probably need 3 out of 4 starting defenders, plus additional CBs. 

Happy enough with Magennis and Campbell as options as a box to box/10 type midfielder who gets goals in the box, a type of player that's really effective in this league and we rarely seem to have. Jeggs and Kenneh are I guess an OK couple of options as screening midfielders but I wouldn't be too chuffed if either plays a lot. Imo we need 2 or 3 additional midfielders who are either aggressive/smart players off the ball but can  also pass more than 5 yards or playmaker types to replace Newall; with a couple of Newall, Tait etc leaving. 

So essentially 5 or 6 starters, plus 3 or 4 good squad players, required in the summer; and a lot of unattractive players to move on. New DoF will be busy... 

Good effort with that. If we ended up with your preferred options in the second list I would be fairly chuffed as that would represent a decent spring cleaning with enough quality remaining to make the acquisitions fairly clear. 

GK: Fairly static, Marshal is good and Johnson appears to be rated.

DF: Evidently we'll be needing some centre halfs. In the last two games Will Fish has played well enough, no option though as far as I'm aware so probably not worth discussing at this stage but one to keep an eye on. Probably the main area that needs investment. On the left I'd probably keep Stevenson as an understudy for McIntyre with a view to finding cover in the January if that doesn't work out. On the right Cadden is fine and good things are said about Megwa so maybe alright over there.

MF: As much as I like Magennis I would look past him as he'll have been injured for the majority of his time here, shame but there's no evidence he can even play half a season. Hauge I don't think has a future here, especially if his pal Melkerson leaves. Tait hasn't really got much of a chance here but equally hasn't done too much on loan from what I'm aware of, but he has years on his contract and it'd be good to keep him around the squad as he's similar to Campbell in his versatility across the midfield. Someone on Hibsnet saying Jacob McIntyre is well regarded, and whilst I've heard nothing of Reuben McAllister since he was bought surely the (rumoured) outlay implies there's some pathway to the first team. Personally I'd keep Doyle-Hayes but not a hill to die on by any means. 

FW: Think we're well stocked here, again though I'd keep McGeady. Youann I've heard has an option to buy and on current form I'm slightly more convinced of the idea. If there was any chance at all to keep Kukharevych I'd go all out for it as I reckon he's the best suited to the league and can play up top on his own, allowing us to use our wingers. That said if not, and even if so, hopefully a chance for Laidlaw and O'Connor, although both are rumoured to want away in the Summer sadly. 

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

And a midfield with no cover (magennis perma injured) and an untried youngster as cover for Nisbet.

Wonder if we're keeping money back for the DOF. 

Feels like the club having giving up on this season. 

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wonder if we're keeping money back for the DOF. 

Feels like the club having giving up on this season. 

I think they are holding back for a rebuild in the summer but I read it as an acceptance that the recruitment process needs to change. I think that’s a positive sign.

However, they have to get the DOF recruitment correct which I have concerns about. 

2 hours ago, St. Jude said:

Mikey Devlin training with us. One of the few players on the planet to be even more injury prone than Magennis.

Mikey Devlin ffs :lol: 

Seriously though I’m sure wee Kyle gets lonely. Sign him up. 

Edited by Zing.

18 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Number 9 shirt sitting empty and Hoppe takes 13, the yank football mindset is incredible.

Also, always knew he was a "character" but had no idea how mental Stack was

He stuck his head in the Celtic huddle once iirc when Hibs goalie

Edited by gannonball