Somewhat interesting to see that Nathan Wood of not so many years ago now appears to be turning out for Swansea on a regular basis. Not much incentive for us to develop these young English centrebacks that so often pop up our way but perhaps they might perform for us if given enough of a shot.  

‘The Evening News understands there are no immediate plans to add in the other areas of the park with Johnson keen to use youth players to supplement his squad.’

So our plan is to have 2 young lads and Hanlon as our centre-backs for the rest of the season. :lol: 

19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

‘The Evening News understands there are no immediate plans to add in the other areas of the park with Johnson keen to use youth players to supplement his squad.’

So our plan is to have 2 young lads and Hanlon as our centre-backs for the rest of the season. :lol: 

Other areas of the park means no positions other than a centre half.

We’re trying to get an experienced defender in.

27 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

It isn’t. We’re in for another centre half. That just means we aren’t going to get anything other than that which is alright now that Nisbet isn’t leaving 

10 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Are the centre of your midfield and fullbacks no still shite?

Think Campbell has earned the right to be our No.10 for a while. Jeggo wasn't very good in the derby but looked better on the weekend so maybe something there. Newell is solid in my view, with Magennis maybe occasionally featuring. Henderson shite, hopefully moved on. I'd maybe have made a punt for Erahon in classic Hibs fashion but we appear to have missed the boat.

Our fullback positions are fairly light but potentially alright. On the right Cadden is good when available and Miller may be coming back from an injury, albeit he barely played beforehand. Looked decent in bits on Saturday. 

On the left it's a fair issue, think we're relying on Stevenson more or less. Oscar Macintyre from the youth came on on Saturday and is fairly well regarded, possibly see more of him as the season goes on, depending on whether the youth team progresses in Europe I'd suggest.

Appreciate that may have been a rhetorical mocking but in-case it wasn't there you go. 

11 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Think Campbell has earned the right to be our No.10 for a while. Jeggo wasn't very good in the derby but looked better on the weekend so maybe something there. Newell is solid in my view, with Magennis maybe occasionally featuring. Henderson shite, hopefully moved on. I'd maybe have made a punt for Erahon in classic Hibs fashion but we appear to have missed the boat.

Our fullback positions are fairly light but potentially alright. On the right Cadden is good when available and Miller may be coming back from an injury, albeit he barely played beforehand. Looked decent in bits on Saturday. 

On the left it's a fair issue, think we're relying on Stevenson more or less. Oscar Macintyre from the youth came on on Saturday and is fairly well regarded, possibly see more of him as the season goes on, depending on whether the youth team progresses in Europe I'd suggest.

Appreciate that may have been a rhetorical mocking but in-case it wasn't there you go. 

In fairness it was only slightly mocking.  January isn't much of a time for a rebuild though,so i guess i can see the point of not bringing more in. 

29 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Ewan Henderson might be getting a move to Wigan :lol: 

I mean surely fucking not? Maloney both manages to enhance and destroy his Hibs reputation (in a manner of speaking) simultaneously. 

I'd love it. 

Only concern is Johnson did seem to sub him on quite abit, there is an outside chance he could turn down the offer. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

12 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Looking at that bench though, who else would he have brought on in his place? 😐

You're not wrong, albeit I seem to remember him coming on for Cadden in certain games which boggled the brain. 

Slightly left field but if Miller gets over his injury and actually plays then I think Cadden can play centrally too? Maybe not the best man for the job but as an extra option he would bring some industry. Little bit of folly to be playing our two fullbacks at the same time though.

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

11 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Don't mind the young defender coming in if he's actually going to play, don't mind giving McIntyre, Laidlaw and O'Connor game time instead of bringing in squad fillers, don't mind Henderson going but don't know if we have any numbers in midfield without him

We're looking into a possible swap with Wigan for Henderson. 

Hopefully James McLean for the bantz. 

19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We're looking into a possible swap with Wigan for Henderson. 

Hopefully James McLean for the bantz. 

Would completely forgive Ron and his laddie for everything if they signed McLean.

I'm getting hard right now just thinking of the seethe.