1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Behind closed doors due to poor ticket sales. 

Hope that wakes Ron up as fans have had enough. 

Odd, I thought there would be 1000s of FC Edinburgh fans attracted by the name change who would be flocking to this fixture.... 

19 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Behind closed doors due to poor ticket sales. 

Hope that wakes Ron up as fans have had enough. 

As much as that’s the case I’m not sure there’s really anything to look into with that. If we were top of the league and scudding teams 7-0 every week I still don’t think there’d be much appeal in going to a friendly against a part time side on a Thursday night in December. You’d struggle to get a couple of thousand going to that in July. 

22 hours ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

As much as that’s the case I’m not sure there’s really anything to look into with that. If we were top of the league and scudding teams 7-0 every week I still don’t think there’d be much appeal in going to a friendly against a part time side on a Thursday night in December. You’d struggle to get a couple of thousand going to that in July. 

Why didn’t they just hold it at FC Edinburgh’s ground 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 02/12/2022 at 17:10, tamthebam said:

Odd, I thought there would be 1000s of FC Edinburgh fans attracted by the name change who would be flocking to this fixture.... 

I looked on the ticket app about 10 days ago to see how many "FC" fans had purchased tickets in Block A..... and the answer was four. 

The rebrand of the club rebrand to plain old "Edinburgh" seems to have gone quiet as well. Funny that. 

1 hour ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Aye. Game itself is of the back garden/blinds variety but as something to watch with lunch it'll just about do. 

Thought the game was crap. Don’t think we saw anything brand new today in terms of performance. 

4 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I think Johnson wants to go to Ibrox with a front three of Nisbet/Myko/McKirdy and have McGeady in behind. 

That's a high risk strategy. 

Particularly as I think I'm correct in saying that McGeady and Nisbet haven't played at all this season?

High risk indeed. But I guess a trip to Ibrox is a free hit if you're expected (like everyone bar Celtic!) to lose 🤷

8 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Particularly as I think I'm correct in saying that McGeady and Nisbet haven't played at all this season?

High risk indeed. But I guess a trip to Ibrox is a free hit if you're expected (like everyone bar Celtic!) to lose 🤷

McGeady played in our pathetic League Cup campaign but hasn't since. 

19 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I think Johnson wants to go to Ibrox with a front three of Nisbet/Myko/McKirdy and have McGeady in behind. 

That's a high risk strategy. 

Yeah, and I want Claudia Schiffer to jump out a big christmas cracker but thats not happening either.................................

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Steven Bradley signs for Livi. Meanwhile we have spent a lot of money on random crap. 

Looked like a good player in the two friendlies we won, bringing home a trophy in the process too :D Interesting that Martindale has shifted from saying he'll be going out on loan to now saying he'll be a first team player for us. 

Seems to fit the mould of a Livi winger, good 1 on 1, can play either side and has some good work rate off the ball too. Think it was 2 goals and 1 assist in the 2 games we had last week. 1 goal v Liepaja, 1 goal and an assist v Fortuna Sittard

Edited by ATLIS

27 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Steven Bradley signs for Livi. Meanwhile we have spent a lot of money on random crap. 

I wouldn’t have Bradley ahead of anyone currently in our squad, most of which aren’t good enough anyway. 

He could turn out to be a good player but we need people to make up for Boyle being missing and he wouldn’t do that.