I don't really see the fuss about the statement. We complain when clubs don't communicate with fans, and in this case Hibs have simply been clear and up-front with the support about the situation.

All this talk of the impact it will have on the deal in terms of bidding wars, drumming up interest etc is wild. His agent will have been working on this for ages and there aren't going to be clubs sitting reading the Hibs website suddenly saying 'f**k me, we can sign Porteous!'. Clubs who are in any way interested will have known about this way before Hibs did.

In terms of what's happening behind the scenes in getting him a move somewhere, this statement makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. It's just communication with the fans and avoids the issue dragging out as a will he/won't he. They've clarified he won't, and that's fair enough.

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't really see the fuss about the statement. We complain when clubs don't communicate with fans, and in this case Hibs have simply been clear and up-front with the support about the situation.

All this talk of the impact it will have on the deal in terms of bidding wars, drumming up interest etc is wild. His agent will have been working on this for ages and there aren't going to be clubs sitting reading the Hibs website suddenly saying 'f**k me, we can sign Porteous!'. Clubs who are in any way interested will have known about this way before Hibs did.

In terms of what's happening behind the scenes in getting him a move somewhere, this statement makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. It's just communication with the fans and avoids the issue dragging out as a will he/won't he. They've clarified he won't, and that's fair enough.

For once, i agree with Vincent. 

Hope he gets a decent gig and doesn't go to the cheeks. 

9 hours ago, AndyM said:

From a personal point being away from the online mouth-frothers and west coast agenda hacks will do him the world of good.

There are parallells with the John Soutar situation last year of a young, talented, international defender on freedom of contract choosing their next option. I'm far from convinced Soutar made the right choice. 

Where's he going to move away from online comments? China?

I'm not sure "west coast agenda hacks" have influenced his career too much, but getting away from his jakey mates should help.

John Souttar has significantly increased his salary to sit on a different treatment table. A great choice for him.

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Have you been in fucking therapy?

Or maybe its me as I agree with every word of this post 

Oh My God Wow GIF

3 hours ago, Darren said:

Where's he going to move away from online comments? China?

I'm not sure "west coast agenda hacks" have influenced his career too much, but getting away from his jakey mates should help.

John Souttar has significantly increased his salary to sit on a different treatment table. A great choice for him.

Is it just me that thinks Harry is better than John?

29 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

Hearts twice in the space of a couple of weeks feels like make or break for Johnson.

Those lids better be getting pinged in training.

He wont be around for the second one, imv

We may as well just treat it like a 1980s derby - ignore the game and batter those unionist, tory, UVF loving scum up town post match.

Spoiler

Thats obviously a joke, in case any of our pink chums get offended 

Funny Face Lol GIF

Spoiler

Also - I was the biggest shiter going and would run a mile at the sight of all that knockoff Stone Island

Run Away GIF

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

He wont be around for the second one, imv

We may as well just treat it like a 1980s derby - ignore the game and batter those unionist, tory, UVF loving scum up town post match.

Hide contents

Thats obviously a joke, in case any of our pink chums get offended 

Funny Face Lol GIF

I'm more of a lover than a fighter but if you insist...

A quick spot of Fisticuffs in St Andrews Square and then adjourn to the Cafe Royal for Oysters and Martinis? Or should we do aperitifs beforehand

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A quick spot of Fisticuffs in St Andrews Square and then adjourn to the Cafe Royal for Oysters and Martinis? Or should we do aperitifs beforehand

Spent too much time in the Cafe Royal when I worked in St A Sq in the 80s, much prefer the Guildford now - brings back memories of Begbie flinging the pint pot over the parapet........

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Could all meet at the docks before the game?