44 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Was out of his depth. Think he needed a experienced director of football to help him. 

He felt very much like "your Cathro". Dare I say it, a young coach with ideas possibly a little ahead of his time/ lacked the experience to implement them.

Anyways, as much as I, a Hearts, will crow, you're still in the mix for third, people are too hasty to sack coaches now 

Eight players from last seasons shite squad started last night. A damming indictment of our recruitment given the huge numbers we signed in the summer. Boys like Henderson sitting on a 3 (maybe 4?) year deal is comical stuff.

Nothing will improve until we sort out the football department and take control of it away from Ben Kensell and Ian Gordon. The latter has absolutely no place at a football club of this size. He’s a fucking wine salesman ffs.

9 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

He felt very much like "your Cathro". Dare I say it, a young coach with ideas possibly a little ahead of his time/ lacked the experience to implement them.

Anyways, as much as I, a Hearts, will crow, you're still in the mix for third, people are too hasty to sack coaches now 

That's technically true, but I'd be astonished if Hibs finished third.

They're level on points with a Hearts side who won't be this weak again, having played two games more. Not only that, but Hibs have played seven home games against non-OF opposition, while Hearts have played only four. After tonight Hearts will also have played two more games against the OF than Hibs.

In seven home games against other diddy teams, Hibs have dropped 8 points. That's not third-place form. And in all but one of the home games they've won, their opponents have been down to ten men.

Hibs have lost at home to St Johnstone and Ross County, they've lost away to the bottom team in the league.

Hibs fans whined about people pointing it out at the time, but it's now looking very hard to argue that they got lucky with a string of red cards for opponents. Since that stopped, they've picked up three points from 18 in a run of fixtures where you'd expect a decent return. They've only picked up 7 points against 11 men this season.

More likely to be bottom six than third, for me.

Their next six games are Killie away, Rangers away, Livi at home, Celtic at home, Hearts away, Motherwell away. Bookmark if you like Hibbies, and I'll take the flack if I'm wrong. But I reckon after that run of games, we'll be talking about whether Hibs can make top six rather than whether they'll make Europe.

Third will be between Hearts and Aberdeen, with Livi an outside bet.

I said after our draw with them in August that we were clearly a better side than them, and it's now starting to play out as the season becomes a marathon not a sprint.

Edited by VincentGuerin

42 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's technically true, but I'd be astonished if Hibs finished third.

They're level on points with a Hearts side who won't be this weak again, having played two games more. Not only that, but Hibs have played seven home games against non-OF opposition, while Hearts have played only four. After tonight Hearts will also have played two more games against the OF than Hibs.

In seven home games against other diddy teams, Hibs have dropped 8 points. That's not third-place form. And in all but one of the home games they've won, their opponents have been down to ten men.

Hibs have lost at home to St Johnstone and Ross County, they've lost away to the bottom team in the league.

Hibs fans whined about people pointing it out at the time, but it's now looking very hard to argue that they got lucky with a string of red cards for opponents. Since that stopped, they've picked up three points from 18 in a run of fixtures where you'd expect a decent return. They've only picked up 7 points against 11 men this season.

More likely to be bottom six than third, for me.

Their next six games are Killie away, Rangers away, Livi at home, Celtic at home, Hearts away, Motherwell away. Bookmark if you like Hibbies, and I'll take the flack if I'm wrong. But I reckon after that run of games, we'll be talking about whether Hibs can make top six rather than whether they'll make Europe.

Third will be between Hearts and Aberdeen, with Livi an outside bet.

I said after our draw with them in August that we were clearly a better side than them, and it's now starting to play out as the season becomes a marathon not a sprint.

I said it in our match thread but Hibs genuinely remind me of Aberdeen from last season. How they play and also having a good squad on paper.

Most of their core would easily play for most I'm the league. A few would start for Aberdeen or Hearts.

Like Glass, the manager has thought he could skoosh Scottish football with pretty passing. Just like we were, Hibs are great until the final third, then it's a numbers game and they're crowded out.

Johnson’s post match comments were a bit odd. He claimed County were bottom of the league, and that the goals were both scored by experienced centre backs.   County weren’t bottom, and the first goal was scored by a 21 year old left back playing his second full game. 

Edited by Savage Henry

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Johnson’s post match comments were a bit odd. He claimed County were bottom of the league, and that the goals were both scored by experienced centre backs.   County weren’t bottom, and the first goal was scored by a 21 left back playing his second full game. 

Hibs wifi fucking with his App again ?

17 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Bring him home.

5A623D6B-8D65-4BE5-956C-975DF302C1E0.jpeg

LJ may not have lost the dressing room but he's lost a lot of the crowd. I have seen quite a lot of Lennon stuff this morning. If he came and handed out 10 free transfers and signed a midfield b*****d then he'd be well on the way to sorting Hibs out.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Johnson’s post match comments were a bit odd. He claimed County were bottom of the league, and that the goals were both scored by experienced centre backs.   County weren’t bottom, and the first goal was scored by a 21 left back playing his second full game. 

😂🤣

A love this thread to bits

21 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Johnson’s post match comments were a bit odd. He claimed County were bottom of the league, and that the goals were both scored by experienced centre backs.   County weren’t bottom, and the first goal was scored by a 21 year old left back playing his second full game. 

Aye, but apart from that...

43 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

🤦‍♂️ 

Engaging the "we have injured players to return" story now. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63588568

"Focus always turns to the manager based on results and, with the social media element that can fire a particular theory, feeling or pattern very quickly, it becomes something you have to manage.

LJ having a dig at those on social media :lol: