10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I see you're now 3rd after having re-signed Martin Boyle.  Interesting.

Boyle is a top player for us, his overall play is good and he contributes goals and assists.

Arrived with zero pre season and scored in the last minute of the derby, what a guy.

Barring injury, he will be even fitter after the World Cup.

Also very good friends with Ryan Porteous, his influence shouldnt be discounted there either.

15 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Ahoy Hibees.

On the off chance you want to revisit the Scottish Cup semi final replay from 2007, we chat about that on my latest podcast episode:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11478051

That was a great looking Hibs team, some fantastic players on that (and maybe not so fantastic)

Damon Gray starting over Fletcher for that game was a total disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Damon Gray starting over Fletcher for that game was a total disgrace. 

Erm Ah dunno :lol: 

Bamba had a stormer in the first game and was sunny.  Lost the second game to a shit penalty in the pissing rain and about 20 of us there.   Missed the coach home (the wanks left) and had to taxi back to Edinburgh with none other than my mum :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

100% leaving on a free transfer or for a tiny fee in January. He’s been wildly inconsistent this season and is still prone to making daft errors that have cost us goals. Will end up at a shite Championship or maybe even League One side. 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/ryan-porteous-says-hibs-contract-25347092

Edited by Zing.

50 minutes ago, Zing. said:

100% leaving on a free transfer or for a tiny fee in January. He’s been wildly inconsistent this season and is still prone to making daft errors that have cost us goals. Will end up at a shite Championship or maybe even League One side. 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/ryan-porteous-says-hibs-contract-25347092

It's a short career, imperative that he maximises his income whilst his stock is high, good luck to him.

6 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

That actually sounds class.

If they got the likes of Brown and McGinn back. 

Liam Craig will get booed by some of our support for sure. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

The U19 game was superb last night.

Even if they end up going out to beat the French champions is some achievement, some of these players will go on to have great careers I think.

Nantes were a lot more physically developed and started a lot better than we did but we grew into the game and could have won by more in the end.

Murray Aiken the absolute stand out, played as a central midfielder but I suspect if he moves into the first team he’ll be a number 10 as his ability to carry the ball and beat players is brilliant. Very aggressive and not afraid to take players unlike the Newells and Doyle-Hayes of the world who seem to constantly pass the ball sideways outside the box.

Very impressed with Rudi Molotnikov when he came on too, believe he’s younger than most of the rest too, looks a really talented player.

3 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

The U19 game was superb last night.

Even if they end up going out to beat the French champions is some achievement, some of these players will go on to have great careers I think.

Nantes were a lot more physically developed and started a lot better than we did but we grew into the game and could have won by more in the end.

Murray Aiken the absolute stand out, played as a central midfielder but I suspect if he moves into the first team he’ll be a number 10 as his ability to carry the ball and beat players is brilliant. Very aggressive and not afraid to take players unlike the Newells and Doyle-Hayes of the world who seem to constantly pass the ball sideways outside the box.

Very impressed with Rudi Molotnikov when he came on too, believe he’s younger than most of the rest too, looks a really talented player.

Can we drop half of the first team and play these lads instead? 

28 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Can we drop half of the first team and play these lads instead? 

I know you’re partially joking here but saying all the above they do look physically a bit undercooked.

Even against Nantes some of the opposing players looked like they were starring in a Dads v Lads match, I know not every footballer needs to be built like Conrad Logan but I think the majority of the team have a bit of developing to do.

Would be great to see some of them get a chance to go on loan, especially the likes of Josh O’Connor, Kanayo Megwa, Jacob Blaney, Oscar MacIntyre and Robbie Hamilton who I think are all a little older than some of the rest.