Something just occurred to me that hasn't in a good wee while.

At one point we had two fullbacks on our books with good pedigree and never used them, namely Charalampos Mavrias and Miquel Nelom.

Mavrias looks to have gone on and had a decent career in Cyprus whilst Nelom doesn't look to have had much luck back in the Netherlands, but arguably came with a better pedigree.

My question is why did we not play these guys at the time? Less than 5 appearances combined. We were crap. The mind boggles. 

38 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

At one point we had two fullbacks on our books with good pedigree and never used them, namely Charalampos Mavrias and Miquel Nelom.

Mavrias looks to have gone on and had a decent career in Cyprus whilst Nelom doesn't look to have had much luck back in the Netherlands, but arguably came with a better pedigree.

My question is why did we not play these guys at the time? Less than 5 appearances combined. We were crap. The mind boggles. 

Didn’t they both turn out to be a bit ‘off it’ in training? 

Remember being quite excited about Nelom, given that he’d previously interested Celtic 

9 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Didn’t they both turn out to be a bit ‘off it’ in training? 

Remember being quite excited about Nelom, given that he’d previously interested Celtic 

No idea, might just be a Neil Lennon thing.

Was thinking about our new leftback and he seems of a similar background to these fellas, hopefully gets a couple more games for us at-least.

I suppose Stevenson and Gray were mainstays back then with Mackie and Boyle occasionally providing cover maybe, just surprised they were kept out of the team.

In-fact I'd dare say that had we given them a fair crack we'd have won the league by now.

5 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

To be fair, both were pretty rubbish.

I remember (very cold) trips to Rugby Park and New Douglas Park where both of them were rotten.

Sure the Rugby Park one was where Neil Lennon went full divorced Da having a meltdown by playing Ambrose and Stevenson as a midfield two and we lost 3-0.

Well fair enough, I've thrown that question to a number of folks and enough people have said the same that they were indeed pretty pants in the few appearances they did make.

Despite that I'm still curious about the alternate reality where they got a better crack at the whip, but that curiosity is my burden to bear. 

9 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

We lack a major cutting edge.   Croatian looks a left back Luca though.  

Yes to both of these. I think the first maybe due to the players not having played much together before yesterday?

Cabraja is absolutely a player, even though he is not match fit he strolled it. Great touch, decent in the air, can cross a ball and hard as f**k - sorry Lewis, but put your feet up wee man.

Youhan will also improve with matches, loads of skill. Jury out on Tavares for me, if McGeady didnt have that injury he would be a straight swap.

As an aside, I thought Kenneh was really good yesterday - kept it simple, won the ball, passed it short, started another attack - that midfield worked really well.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Double is on lads. 

lee johnson’s green n white army?!!!

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

In truth, we are still in transition after the shitshow of last season................however I do like the attack minded way that LJ has us set up.

We will certainly lose some games, but by christ this is far better fun to watch than the utter dross "15 passes over the back then launch a long ball" that appears to have been Maloneys tactics.

If we sort out our shit in front of goal, I look forward to loads of results like that famous 6-6 at Fir Park all those years ago😆

Edited by Leith Green

1 hour ago, Judy Murray said:

5AC2C769-EAA9-4719-9DEA-60500CE82822.gif.643017f3b3f594d0c8c5eb3ff9283a77.gif

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

2063391128_PartrideShrug.gif.da713b3ad56b8063f76edce227a878ce.gif

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

britney spears GIF by X Factor Global

Come on chaps, it would be remiss of me not to post a clip of two Hibs players having to be separated by a bouncer.   Any other team this would be an embarrassment to the club, but Hibs, just another day. 😄