10 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

You haven't even seen all the signings yet. But you're laser focused on where to find the stick to beat us with and there's many of a likemind.  

One day in the future if we lift a cup under LJ's management or Ron's ownership, don't forget to point out 'aye but remember that context free time when we got pumped out to a diddy part time team'.  Your squad insights are second to none. 

No, I want to revisit this after the first round of fixtures. I want balanced, factual evaluation with no extreme fanboy blind faith and no miserable knut attacks.

Honest question @Hoose Rice genuine motive for asking. Not looking to have a dig, not looking to catch you out. Have you ever built or run a business of any kind, at any point in your career?

If yes, how did it go?

I’m done mate.  This is no good for anything.

Heres to a decent rest of the season and I sincerely hope your blinkered ways are 100% correct. 

Club owners deserved scrutinised more than probably any other business. 

These are generally guys that want to run a club as a business that profits from consumers but want consumers to act like loyal lemmings. 

Folk like Gordon’s business acumen is welcome to the league, a bit like cormack, but they need absolutely telt when they go off on their own path. 

Clubs need to be run commercially, yes, but the noise and shite from fans helps keep a balance. Aye, sometimes a lot of it is nonsense but these guys being held accountable is no bad thing. 

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

These are generally guys that want to run a club as a business that profits from consumers but want consumers to act like loyal lemmings. 

Folk like Gordon’s business acumen is welcome to the league, a bit like cormack, but they need absolutely telt when they go off on their own path. 

Clubs need to be run commercially, yes, but the noise and shite from fans helps keep a balance. Aye, sometimes a lot of it is nonsense but these guys being held accountable is no bad thing. 

Sensible post.

Unacceptable, imo

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Sensible post.

Unacceptable, imo

Agreed, I’m all for noise and shite. Sometimes it even happens in tandem. 

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No offence mate but what business have you ever ran?  Have you ever ran surveys either? 

14 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Mikey Johnston loan - now we’re talking.  

Really? I honestly don’t think he’d improve our starting 11. Can’t beat a man and his end product is poor. Got a bit of pace but also has an injury record that rivals Magennis’. 

14 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

No offence mate but what business have you ever ran?  Have you ever ran surveys either? 

Ooooh OW!!! ouch owwww oooooh...ohhh the pain of barbs hath verily wounded me. 😆

I agree with your other post though. Here's to a more than decent season and I sincerely hope your defeatist ways are 100% incorrect. 

Starting on Saturday.

What's everyone's first choice XI for Saturday?

15 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

What's this measured pish?

Ronanov IN IMO!

3 hours ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

Really? I honestly don’t think he’d improve our starting 11. Can’t beat a man and his end product is poor. Got a bit of pace but also has an injury record that rivals Magennis’. 

Mcgeady is out for months so we need someone in.  

4 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Ooooh OW!!! ouch owwww oooooh...ohhh the pain of barbs hath verily wounded me. 😆

I agree with your other post though. Here's to a more than decent season and I sincerely hope your defeatist ways are 100% incorrect. 

Starting on Saturday.

What's everyone's first choice XI for Saturday?

No idea what the team will be mate.  Its a bit of a lottery at the moment and that at this stage of the season/pre season is far from ideal.   We've only had since April when Maloney was punted and bottom 6 confirmed after all.  We have the opposite of a settled team.