29 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why are the SFA involved when its a SPFL Cup?  Could they not have just suspended him for Saints game when deciding Morton won 3-0 and a shan fine instead of the SFA c/officer looking at it 3 weeks later?

Some types of suspension apply across competitions. To make sure everyone's clear on what these suspensions apply to, the SFA does the bureaucracy and dishes out the weekly list of who's-suspended-where.

13 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Some types of suspension apply across competitions. To make sure everyone's clear on what these suspensions apply to, the SFA does the bureaucracy and dishes out the weekly list of who's-suspended-where.

Ah well Petrie to blame then ;) 

43 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Go Away GIF

Reveal hidden contents

Guaranteed to score against us next time we play Killie. 

He'll score more than Doidge and the Rainbow FC dude and probably Nesbit this coming season.  

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else like me not attending tomorrow’s friendly. 

See Norwich TV are charging £5 to watch it while we are charging £10 to watch it :lol: 

Norwich have confirmed they wll be playing youngsters.  IPTV for me.   Just to see how many of their young players rip the arse out Rocky. 

Reason from .net "ffs stop ripping the club the £10 will go towards player funds/ Ian Gordons Football manager crusade.  Put me down for 3 ppv views then considering how wise and fruitious hes spunked the boyle cash and Josh. 

10 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else like me not attending tomorrow’s friendly. 

See Norwich TV are charging £5 to watch it while we are charging £10 to watch it :lol: 

It's £5, either it has changed or original was a typo.

Well it would be nice to think he might f**k off of his own accord but that seems fanciful given rumours that Maloney was able to extract 1.5 million from Ron for 5 months of work.

And besides, where we do we go from there really, probably Steve Kean as the cheap option. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

1 hour ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I’m a wee bit sceptical of Lee too, but I think he’s right on this occasion. The season starts so early these days. I’m a big fan of football, but we need a fecking longer break. Look at the seasonality of sports in the US: it’s nice having your baseball over the summer and your hockey over the winter. 

What we need in Scotland is a good summer sport that folk can get behind. The answer is not cricket. 

2 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

What we need in Scotland is a good summer sport that folk can get behind. The answer is not cricket. 

Some people combine cricket with marching and bands. Its particularly popular in some ares of the country 😉

5 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I’m a wee bit sceptical of Lee too, but I think he’s right on this occasion. The season starts so early these days. I’m a big fan of football, but we need a fecking longer break. Look at the seasonality of sports in the US: it’s nice having your baseball over the summer and your hockey over the winter. 

Its remarkable how the lack of break between seasons is only an issue for top flight clubs who got papped out by lower league sides who have the exact same timeframe to prepare for the competition. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its remarkable how the lack of break between seasons is only an issue for top flight clubs who got papped out by lower league sides who have the exact same timeframe to prepare for the competition. 

Correction: On this occasion, it’s an issue for a top flight club which got papped out the cup at one end of the summer and embarrassed itself in the league at the other end of the summer. So I have DOUBLE the amount of reasons for wanting the longer summer break. 

But also, the longer break in US sports is legitimately quite pleasant. 

Guy has managed in a league where they play 46 league games and three cup competitions and is is moaning about player welfare because he's been papped out the easiest league Cup group in history for a PL club. 

Every time I hear him speak he comes across as a total blagger. Total Kenny Shiels type that you think talks a good game the first few times until you realise he's got absolutely nothing to back it up. 

I personally really like how the league cup is introduced early in the season. It's a ramp up from friendlies but given the group stage format there's generally a good chance - barring a major balls up - that stronger teams rise to the top.

It's also a nice opportunity to see other clubs in Scotland that you wouldn't usually face all at once which I think brings the leagues closer together.

Regardless, Lee should have known what he was signing up for. Whilst these formats do change, and complaints can be one avenue to instigate such change, it really just comes across as sour grapes and saying nothing would have been better than saying this. Maybe should he survive in post for 2-3 years and make it past the group stages a couple of times would his views be taken a little more seriously. 

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Guy has managed in a league where they play 46 league games and three cup competitions and is is moaning about player welfare because he's been papped out the easiest league Cup group in history for a PL club. 

Every time I hear him speak he comes across as a total blagger. Total Kenny Shiels type that you think talks a good game the first few times until you realise he's got absolutely nothing to back it up. 

Yes, but nobody gives a f**k what you think

smug GIF