40 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Certainly the site was slow during the match. 

Mind you, if we continue playing this way there won't be too much traffic !

See the bounces pure crippled these days.  Shame but they emptied the good guys because they didnt agree with J and his scheming ways.  Allegedly. 

Still got a lot of time for Doc and Dub.  Smurphy too is sound as all in real life.  

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Apparently St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hibs are all guaranteed to be bottom two judging by the fans overreacting and panicking in July.

Nah its based on 1 year of going backwards.

At least when JC signed his van full of French trialists we had Fletcher to get us out the shit. 

We dont resemble anywhere near a top flight football side.  Pretty screens and empty stands.  We will rip the development league though. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

In a mood to moan.

1) We've spent about 3/4 years acquiring players for a 3 at the back system, and on an individual basis some of them are fairly decent. After stating we have a continuous strategy when appointing managers, why rip up the entire system we were building towards by employing a guy who's fairly adamant about 4 at the back. Where does Demetri Mitchell, who we paid money for in January, play in this? Likely, if ever, as a square peg in a round hole - more commonly known as fullback.

2) Connor Young signing for Rangers for less than £100,000. WTF. I've not watched much of it, but given the scale of their achievements It's the most promising youth side we've had in maybe 15 years and this guy was banging them in so arguably the jewel in the crown. Why on earth have we not made more of an effort to involve him in the first team. Why on earth are we signing random no mark journeymen again, especially in a position where he and two other promising young strikers could make a mark. As far as I'm aware Young, O'Connor and Laidlaw fit the big man, quick man and finisher mould of strikers and all show great promise - that's a ready made, Hibs daft strike force that a smarter or even smaller team would have taken advantage of by now. Granted we wanted to give them time to win the league last year, but if it's true Young was denied a place on the bench multiple times and this pissed him off (despite banging in 20+ goals this season at his level) then the club have fucked it. 

3) This chat that we don't need more midfielders from management. It's fairly obvious that we do and we should have money to spend following two big departures this year, we could probably even afford a fairly decent one. I'd say its worrying that management don't recognise this but I've got low expectations for this season anyway so in relative terms it's more that it just stokes the apathy.

That'll be all for now.

King Of The Hill Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Apparently St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hibs are all guaranteed to be bottom two judging by the fans overreacting and panicking in July.

I’m not sure it’s an overreaction to be utterly shiting yourself for the season ahead after failing to beat Morton and Falkirk. We were bad last season and somehow look worse now. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

I’m not sure it’s an overreaction to be utterly shiting yourself for the season ahead after failing to beat Morton and Falkirk. We were bad last season and somehow look worse now. 

Looking a bit like agents have got in touch to offer players rather than you guys sourcing what you want/need.

Edited by Merkland Red

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Looking a bit like agents have got in touch to offer players rather than you guys sourcing what you want/need.

The owners son is at fault here imo.

I think that the overriding strategy is to buy a lot of young players, many of them not hardened in the first team yet, and hope that the odd one turns out to be a diamond - sell on and continue the cycle.

That would have worked if we had the spine of a decent team in there. Right now, the only part of the spine that is decent is Marshall.

Newell is a waste of time, neat and tidy but slow and defensive. Doidge up front is finished, I am 54 and can turn quicker.

Newell aside, the midfield is poor - and the basis of it is still the same one that got 2 managers sacked last season.

I dont have too much of an issue in feeding in younger players to an established and solid team, but where we are now basically throws these guys under the bus from day 1. We subbed on a guy last night who had just got off the plane from Portugal...............

We have a few good options still waiting on work permits too.

Frankly we are seriously, seriously fucked this season - and I know St J fans will tell us they are awful, but the truth is that even their shite players are hardened enough to give our kids an absolute pasting on the opening match of the league season.

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

This 'we look worse than last year' chat is utter bollocks.

The ball is played forward and won back far faster now than under Maloney.

We attack with pace now 

We've got a proper goalie now. 

We don't take four passes and 15 minutes to get the ball from one side of the pitch to the other anymore. 

Our issue is that midfield and forward line aren't linking up. 

One decent midfielder plus Magennis being fit fixes this.

Our main issues are the names Newell and Campbell. 

BTW, unless you're the old firm, just play 4-4-2 in Scotland. It's the most successful system employed by any team in the country outside the top two. 

10 hours ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Ron the Con, his failson, that permafaketanned roaster Kensell and the bald snake Kean have utterly scunnered me.

This made me laugh a bit. Imagery of some really shan superhero squad.

22 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

We attack with pace now 

We don't take four passes and 15 minutes to get the ball from one side of the pitch to the other anymore. 

BTW, unless you're the old firm, just play 4-4-2 in Scotland. It's the most successful system employed by any team in the country outside the top two. 

Even Shaun Maloney managed to beat the lower league dross he faced to be fair to him. 

24 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

We attack with pace now 

It's harder to play 4-4-2 due to the quality of players each team has.

If you have two in the middle against another teams three then there's a real chance of being dragged all over the place.

10 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

:lol: 

Nap Steve Kean and being serious.  Apologists in our support will say well it cant be worse while posting from Canada and never been to ER in decades. 

I hate to say I told you so, mate. Steve Kean, man... like a lamprey in a vat of warm Vaseline, that man. 😄

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

It's harder to play 4-4-2 due to the quality of players each team has.

If you have two in the middle against another teams three then there's a real chance of being dragged all over the place.

Teams with two in the middle rarely struggle against a Hibs midfield three. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

I've never really paid much heed to the League Cup groups before, but surely there are "surprise" results every season?

Having said that, I'd be a bit worried if the Dons hadn't seen off their lower league opposition to date.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Marshall

Cadden Porto New CH Carbraja

Hendo Magennis New CM

Tavares Youan McGeady

That doesn't look a bad side...on paper. 

A team with a winger at RB, two players you don't have, a CM who is injured more than Souttar, a CH who clearly wants away and a front 3 with 2 players no one has seen play and a 36 yo winger looks magic to me, i'll be honest.

Not sure I'd be as happy as a Hibs fan though

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've never really paid much heed to the League Cup groups before, but surely there are "surprise" results every season?

Having said that, I'd be a bit worried if the Dons hadn't seen off their lower league opposition to date.

I think the issue is they're not much of a surprise.

43 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

We attack with pace now 

Last year we would never have lost to Falkirk and Morton.

Attacking with pace? Albeit I never saw the Clyde game but in the other 3 I don’t think we’ve “attacked with pace” once. Aiden McGeady takes about 25 seconds to decide what he’s going to do with the ball after he receives it.

I’m no Josh Campbell fan but he was one of our better players when he came on last night.

Magennis has been with us approaching 3 years now and has managed 21 games. He’s never going to be the answer, another waste of money.

And FWIW I don’t think Hibs have had a successful team that have played 4-4-2 since about 2007, Lennon and Stubbs were 3-5-2 predominately and if you want to call Ross’ team in 2020/21 successful (they weren’t) that was generally 3-5-2/4-3-3. The only time we’ve played 4-4-2 was under Paatelainen, Yogi, Fenlon, Calderwood and Butcher.

Agree about Newell but the rest of your post is nonsense.

Edited by Les Cabbage

14 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

A team with a winger at RB, two players you don't have, a CM who is injured more than Souttar, a CH who clearly wants away and a front 3 with 2 players no one has seen play and a 36 yo winger looks magic to me, i'll be honest.

Not sure I'd be as happy as a Hibs fan though

We can do that with any side.

A geriatric goalkeeper, a perma injured striker, a failed lower level Belgian league striker, a league 1 reject midfielder, 2 perma injured midfielders a Rangers reject and Josh Ginelly. 

Looks magic to me. 

Edited by Tommy Tappin

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Last year we would never have lost to Falkirk and Morton.

Attacking with pace? Albeit I never saw the Clyde game but in the other 3 I don’t think we’ve “attacked with pace” once. Aiden McGeady takes about 25 seconds to decide what he’s going to do with the ball after he receives it.

I’m no Josh Campbell fan but he was one of our better players when he came on last night.

Magennis has been with us approaching 3 years now and has managed 21 games. He’s never going to be the answer, another waste of money.

And FWIW I don’t think Hibs have had a successful team that have played 4-4-2 since about 2007, Lennon and Stubbs were 3-5-2 predominately and if you want to call Ross’ team in 2020/21 successful (they weren’t) that was generally 3-5-2/4-3-3. The only time we’ve played 4-4-2 was under Paatelainen, Yogi, Fenlon, Calderwood and Butcher.

Agree about Newell but the rest of your post is nonsense.

How do you know we wouldn't have lost to them, did we play them?

Watch the highlights of all bar the Falkirk first half to see us attacking with pace.

Josh Campbell, no he wasn't. He lost the flight of the ball three times and got screamed at by Porto for constantly drifting inside when he's supposed to be playing LB. 

Magennis - I fear you're right. 

2007 was our cup winning side. 

And it's me talking nonsense aye?