Teams for the first pre-season game today (on youtube at 11 if anyone fancy's watching). Looks like a 4231 in both halves, which is grand. Think if Doidge has really been told he can leave then taking into account injuries we could still do with either a wide man or forward, and there's been the talk in the last few days about wanting to bring in a cb as well. Seems, going just by this and squad numbers, that Kenneh is being considered a first team player, and interesting to see Delferriere in the same role in the second half. Interestingly MacKay and Tait are neither in the teams nor the travelled but injured list. @craigkillie how did Tait get on for you guys last season, someone you'd expect to be stepping up to this level at this point? 

image.png.f9da3a37abb1e0c935e6d46f164df79e.png

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

1 minute ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Lewis Miller has looked decent.

yeah, quite aggressive. All the new guys have looked decent enough for the first game of pre season tbh, Younne quiet though. Kenneh looks like a decent DM so far, happy sitting deep but gets across the ground well. Needs his studs change though he's slipped a few times.

Whilst the point of Mueller's book and general outlook does appear to be in tatters I struggle to see why people don't like him. He seems a nice chap and as soon as it became clear he was a financial burden to the club he left - probably for a pay cut. 

An experiment that didn't work, but one which ended amicably enough.

He does leave himself open to these barbs given his general output but I hope there isn't any genuine dislike, didn't do anything wrong by Hibs. 

Watched the second half of the Hibs game there just so I could indulge in some disgraceful sectarian booing of Aiden McGeady.

Thought youse looked alright. If you ditched the plastic you'd probably become my second team again.

Fairly straightforward runout today.

You can see that LJ wants the players to press all over the pitch and work really hard winning the ball back.

Our options from each wing are a lot better now, McGeady still has great feet and can pick out a cross almost at will.

We definitely need another experienced striker.

Difficult to tell how Marshall was, as neither of our keepers had a save to make but presumably he will have more to deal with on Friday v Burton Albion.

As an aside, Hartlepool are dreadful.

p.s. Rocky absolutely scooshed it in the half he was on - what a player 😇

2 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Few of the new boys looked decent. Youan is rapid.

Hartlepool were absolutely rotten. They must’ve left their own half about 5 times in that 90 minutes.

Missed the 1st 30 - was Kenneh any good?

Would any hibs fans in here be able to point me in the right direction or make a recommendation of a pub or social club etc nearby the stadium that would accommodate a bus load of around 60 clyde fans next Saturday prior to the game for a couple hours.

Cheers 👍🏻

36 minutes ago, DeanMck said:

Would any hibs fans in here be able to point me in the right direction or make a recommendation of a pub or social club etc nearby the stadium that would accommodate a bus load of around 60 clyde fans next Saturday prior to the game for a couple hours.

Cheers 👍🏻

If a club is more what you want, Edinburgh City social club is less than a 5 minute walk from the away end at Lochend.

https://www.facebook.com/EdinburghCityFCSocialClub

Havent been in since it changed to their social club, but I hear its decent (Hibs fans go in pre match too).

Alternatively you could contact the Hibs Club at Sunnyside? Again, a short walk

https://hibsclub.co.uk/

They may also be able to take you if prebooked?

Hibs start in earnest in 10 days from now. Maybe 3 or 4 players short of a squad.

Hartlepool start 21 days later. Seemingly still looking for 8 to 10 players. 

As Winston Wolf says to Jules & Vincent after they've cleaned the car...

Just sayin', likesay.

3-1 up against Burton with twenty minutes left. Some good performances in there. Kenneh looks a bit rusty to me but came onto a game again as it went on in the first half.

Youan and Melkersen look very lively up front. Doidge still a good bit off it.