Don't know why more people aren't pretending to be Irish, to be honest. I've lived over here for 6 years now and the quality of life is better than Scotland's by a factor of a gajillion. **** Scotland and all the fatty pie-munchers who sail in her.

Edited by The Other Foot

18 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Don't know why more people aren't pretending to be Irish, to be honest. I've lived over here for 6 years now and the quality of life is better than Scotland's by a factor of a gajillion. **** Scotland and all the fatty pie-munchers who sail in her.

Ireland has over twice the rate of adult obesity that Scotland does.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ireland has over twice the rate of adult obesity that Scotland does.

Oh well would you look at this, lads? Old John Bull thinks he can come over here from his Breetish city and give us all his big shiny facts. 

*spits on the floor* 

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I have 

It’s horrible for both and neither should be accepted

Why do you keep bringing Asians in your pathetic attempts at claiming a right to be offended? My wife is Scottish Asian and both my kids are mixed race. I have not felt the need to mention that on here until you started trying to correlate the very real abuse that they have suffered in the past, with your determination to make out McGeady was racially abused, rather than just being a wee dick who chose Ireland over Scotland, because he’s a Celtic minded weirdo.

Edited by Kyle Reese

15 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Why do you keep bringing Asians in your pathetic attempts at claiming a right to be offended? My wife is Scottish Asian and both my kids are mixed race. I have not felt the need to mention that on here until you started trying to correlate the very real abuse that they have suffered in the past, with your determination to make out McGeady was racially abused rather than just being a wee dick who chose Ireland over Scotland because he’s a Celtic minded weirdo.

Best post on the matter. 

Sorry about the abuse your kids have taken mate.  There's some narrow minded throbbers in this country.  I bet they feel as Scottish as anyone else and won't at first understand why people choose to give abuse. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

38 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Why do you keep bringing Asians in your pathetic attempts at claiming a right to be offended? My wife is Scottish Asian and both my kids are mixed race. I have not felt the need to mention that on here until you started trying to correlate the very real abuse that they have suffered in the past, with your determination to make out McGeady was racially abused rather than just being a wee dick who chose Ireland over Scotland because he’s a Celtic minded weirdo.

Using Asian Scots as an example of the hypocrisy of some

Never claimed to be offended either as I’m not, I’m more embarrassed about the attitudes from fellow Scots.

People with an Irish background have suffered some very real abuse, and continue to do so

McGeady has barely been back in Scotland for 5 minutes and you’re already seeing it starting up again 

The fact you seem to genuinely believe his choice to represent Ireland has anything to do with him being a Celtic fan is ridiculous 

Hes not wrong when he calls them small minded idiots who abuse him for it.

The chances are if he had any other background people would be quick to rightly call it out. 

Seems to be an issue in Scotland for some that you can’t be an Irish Scot, it really engages people. 

See this thread as a prime example 

Is it such a bad thing having a different cultural background?

Of course not

Its pathetic how riled some people get over it, although he probably made the right choice in hindsight 

The guy shouldn’t be getting abused because of his background, nobody should be.

It’s shite being abused for the way you look or because of your cultural background, I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone 

Edit: Anyways I think I’ve said everything I can on this subject over the last few pages 

Hopefully nobody will be telling the “plastic paddy to go home” while back in Scotland 

Edited by Clown Job

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Never claimed to be offended either as I’m not, I’m more embarrassed about the attitudes from fellow Scots.

People with an Irish background have suffered some very real abuse, and continue to do so

McGeady has barely been back in Scotland for 5 minutes and you’re already seeing it starting up again 

The fact you seem to genuinely believe his choice to represent Ireland has anything to do with him being a Celtic fan is ridiculous 

The chances are if he had any other background people would be quick to rightly call it out. 

Seems to be an issue in Scotland for some that you can’t be an Irish Scot, it really engages people. 

Of course not

Its pathetic how riled some people get over it, although he probably made the right choice in hindsight 

The guy shouldn’t be getting abused because of his background, nobody should be.

It’s shite being abused for the way you look or because of your cultural background, I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone 

Edit: Anyways I think I’ve said everything I can on this subject over the last few pages 

Hopefully nobody will be telling the “plastic paddy to go home” while back in Scotland 

Can you tell me about all the abuse James McCarthy has experienced since moving to Celtic? His circumstances similar to McGeady so assume he would have been getting it tight for the last 12 months?

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Can you tell me about all the abuse James McCarthy has experienced since moving to Celtic? His circumstances similar to McGeady so assume he would have been getting it tight for the last 12 months?

McCarthy was abused when he was at Hamilton for it 

Hes barely been on the pitch for Celtic

I don’t see the relevance of what team they play for either

It shouldn’t be happening 

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The irony in this is unreal considering you've been the one who's been seething on this thread all day and yesterday.

I’m not the one on here defending abusing a player for being a “plastic paddy” 

Its not worth the energy to get seething over small minded people 

Edited by Clown Job

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

McCarthy was abused when he was at Hamilton for it 

Hes barely been on the pitch for Celtic

I don’t see the relevance of what team they play for either

It shouldn’t be happening 

The team they play for doesn’t matter.

You’ve said it’s started with McGeady and he hasn’t played yet either. So please let me know the examples of it happening with McCarthy since he signed.

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Of course not

The only reason Aiden McGeady is getting any kind of negative comments from anyone right now, is because of his interview where he started trying to bum up the mini-Celtic stuff upon signing for Hibs.

The reason he got abuse from the stands the last time he was here, was because he chose to play for another country over that of his birth. Some dicks will have taken that on to the anti-Irish stuff, absolutely. That is uncalled for. That is not the reason most people think he is a dickhead though. 

The abuse he received from the stands is not comparable to the abuse people of South Asian appearance and nationality/ethnicity receive. Irish people have historically been treated abominably in the UK, and an element of that has been kept alive by the pathetic old firm bigotry bullshit that the vast majority of the rest of Scotland would like to see launches straight in to the sun.

He’s been back here five minutes and he’s trying to stoke the shite at Hibs, when from what I can gather most Hibs fans want nothing to do with that pish. Sadly we have an element of those bigots in our support. Hibs have a few resurfacing in recent seasons too, but the vast majority want nothing to do with been associated with either side of the old firm, I reckon.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

The team they play for doesn’t matter.

You’ve said it’s started with McGeady and he hasn’t played yet either. So please let me know the examples of it happening with McCarthy since he signed.

The mental gymnastics from some to justify abusing players really is impressive 

If you feel the treatment is McGeady and others with his cultural background is acceptable and fair, not much I say here that’s going to change your mind now

Just now, Clown Job said:

The mental gymnastics from some to justify abusing players really is impressive 

If you feel the treatment is McGeady and others with his cultural background is acceptable and fair, not much I say here that’s going to change your mind now

I haven’t said that anything like that is fair, all I’ve done is ask for, if it is the norm for players to be abused for their cultural background, examples of this happening to McCarthy in the last year as I would said it’s a really fair comparison with McGeady and I would say that it would then be fair for you to predict it will happen to him as it has McCarthy.

The only reason Aiden McGeady is getting any kind of negative comments from anyone right now, is because of his interview where he started trying to bum up the mini-Celtic stuff upon signing for Hibs.
The reason he got abuse from the stands the last time he was here, was because he chose to play for another country over that of his birth. Some dicks will have taken that on to the anti-Irish stuff, absolutely. That is uncalled for. That is not the reason most people think he is a dickhead though. 
The abuse he received from the stands is not comparable to the abuse people of South Asian appearance and nationality/ethnicity receive. Irish people have historically been treated abominably in the UK, and an element of that has been kept alive by the pathetic old firm bigotry bullshit that the vast majority of the rest of Scotland would like to see launches straight in to the sun.
He’s been back here five minutes and he’s trying to stoke the shite at Hibs, when from what I can gather most Hibs fans want nothing to do with that pish. Sadly we have an element of those bigots in our support. Hibs have a few resurfacing in recent seasons too, but the vast majority want nothing to do with been associated with either side of the old firm, I reckon.
Also doesn't help McGeady that he was a diving cheating c**t...

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I wasn’t talking about just his individual experiences

I was meaning people with an Irish background in general within Scotland when making the comparison to Asian Scots

I apologise for the confusion with that one

The abuse is certainly not just a football related thing either imo

I do genuinely believe the vast majority of Scots don’t care about it, we are slowly moving on as a society.

But as always it’s the noisy minority that stand out amongst the silent majority 

Derogative terms for Irish Scots seem to still be fair play for most, including on here. 

That nonsense needs to get stamped out 

Edit: I’d love to hear @Div comment on these type of comments being used, but I wouldn’t hold my breathe to be honest. 

Edited by Clown Job