We had Kyle Mcclelland on loan from sevco the season before last. He looked okay but as soon as he was up against a physical striker he was like a lost little boy. Was only 18/19 at the time so he's maybe done some work to improve on the physical side of the game since then.

We had Lewis Neilson on loan at the same time and he stuck out like a sore thumb. Far more physical and extremely good on the ball.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We had Kyle Mcclelland on loan from sevco the season before last. He looked okay but as soon as he was up against a physical striker he was like a lost little boy. Was only 18/19 at the time so he's maybe done some work to improve on the physical side of the game since then.

We had Lewis Neilson on loan at the same time and he stuck out like a sore thumb. Far more physical and extremely good on the ball.

He has been signed for the development team, was explicit in the press release.

Preston Athletic v hibs xi in Prestonpans

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE NOW FOR OUR MATCH WITH AN HIBERNIAN FC XI THROUGH FANBASE.

Thursday the 7th of July down the Pennypit with a 19 30 kick off.

We have decided a fivers plenty.

Adults £5 Concessions 60+ and U18s will be £3

Under 12s with an Accompanying Adult
GO FREE

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=1550

You can either print your tickets or show them on phone

Match Sponsor
East Lothian contracts

Match Ball Sponsor
Eskquire barbersScreenshot_20220618-205009_Facebook.thumb.jpg.997d23021236e86563c7a44df4cdef32.jpg

39 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Doig to Verona a done deal apparently.  Can't say I'm that bothered. 

That would be an excellent move for the boy. Hope it comes off. The numbers being banded about seem a bit low, going by other transfers recently.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

Every time I saw Doig he looked really good going forward but suspect defensively.

Nah I would rather have Lewis ahead of him tbh. 

Heard today we are trying to get McNulty back too.  Same school as Doig, ironically. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nah I would rather have Lewis ahead of him tbh. 

Heard today we are trying to get McNulty back too.  Same school as Doig, ironically. 

Really hope we aren't. Surely we can do better. 

image.png.e970d6f9c17b763f5cd821af5c3854f4.png

So with all the ins and outs this is the squad as I see it at the moment. To quote your boy from Chernobyl, not great not terrible. I think a new starting quality CB to let Hanlon rest/be the rotational option and DM and I don't actually mind that first team, presuming that Miller and Tavares are decent which obviously I am not optimistic about given recent years. Want to see Tait playing and as long as we rarely see Doyle Hayes and Newall playing together they both offer something.

Quite like the idea of Cadden as a sort of limited winger, but no idea if that's actually part of the plan. Question marks over fitness for Magennis and Nisbet and losing them for Doig and Porteous, and I think on top of the two positions I mentioned above we need at least one actually good, creative winger. McGeady is fine, I guess, but would hope we could do better/add another. MacKay, Campbell, Bushiri and McGinn are more than welcome to leave imo

Glad we are finally free of the human wardrobe in goals but letting McGinn go seems pretty fucking stupid.

Solid player, not many stand out bad performances if not too many good but always solid, as a club “in transition” solid players like that are generally good to keep around.

I know I’m constantly a negative b*****d around our regime but for the 5418th time I’m telling you all that I’m seriously concerned.

Doidge potentially going to Dundee United? If he gets back to his best he’s certain to score goals. What we saw of him last season was abysmal though and he looked miles off it when he returned from injury/covid. 

2 hours ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Am I going mental or didn’t he just sign an extension?

No, he triggered a one year clause in his contract to remain at ER.

But he has clearly been told it will be as a backup, so has decided to head off to Well who wanted him in January.

Good luck to him, a decent lad.

We are just about to enter into another Jim Duffy era. Everything about the club at the moment is a shambles, the only saving grace is that the owner actually has serious amounts of money. We’ve recruited Sunderland and Bristol City’s most unpopular manager ever and a load of players who have never played first team football. That really bodes well!! This manager will be gone after the first round of fixtures.