Just tell Rock he’s fucking shit and can leave just as we’ve done Mcaginn.  I suggest a career in the circus.  I can also suggest Macey in bread making as the c***s the best slicer I’ve seen since Tam McGraw. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

Although Paul McGinn has been fairly decent, I am pleased that we are not just settling for him and this lad sounds decent.

Shame for McGinn, but he will be well looked after financially as he triggered the extension clause himself - either Hibs buy him out or he gets another club.

Probably a win win for him rather than sitting on the sidelines.

Liking Lee Johnsons ruthless streak - hopefully means more of the dross is en route out.

25 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Honestly feels like Maloney's deliberately set it up for Bushiri to stay long-term somehow as punishment for sacking him early lol. He'll have to prepare for regular loans away to the continent, it seems.

I predict he will be players player of the year next season

Spoiler

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

May be wrong ..... but doesn't an "option" mean exactly that? It's down to the buying club if they wish to proceed if the player has met the terms of any agreement prior to their arrival (free agent or loan), rather than incumbent on them to take the player.

I'm thinking of Jack Hendry at Oostende when they decided to take up the option. Celtic couldn't stop it despite a good showing and his value increasing significantly. Oostende secured him, play him in 6 games and sell him to Brugge for £4m. Easiest cash > hippy you'll ever see. Ball was firmly in Oostende's court.

We had something similar with Declan Gallagher, we had a 1 year extension written into his contract based upon him playing a certain number of games. Cue the January window and he was pimping himself out in the red tops then went injured before the threshold was met. The merits of that may come out at an after dinner event in the 2030's.

Next thing his pre contract with Aberdeen is announced around the league split which left our CEO fuming but he remains as a Motherwell player through the Euro's (UEFA paid money out to the club of each player based on the squad's total participation). Doesn't take a MENSA membership to work out that was the trade off to let him walk without a messy legal battle, but delay the official registration with Aberdeen. We got less than perhaps Aberdeen may have paid if they really wanted him with 12 months left, of course based on that they may have looked elsewhere. With hindsight I bet they wished they did.

6 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

We had something similar with Declan Gallagher, we had a 1 year extension written into his contract based upon him playing a certain number of games. Cue the January window and he was pimping himself out in the red tops then went injured before the threshold was met. The merits of that may come out at an after dinner event in the 2030's.

Next thing his pre contract with Aberdeen is announced around the league split which left our CEO fuming but he remains as a Motherwell player through the Euro's (UEFA paid money out to the club of each player based on the squad's total participation). Doesn't take a MENSA membership to work out that was the trade off to let him walk without a messy legal battle, but delay the official registration with Aberdeen. We got less than perhaps Aberdeen may have paid if they really wanted him with 12 months left, of course based on that they may have looked elsewhere. With hindsight I bet they wished they did.

To add a bit more to that, we actually extended his contract by a month to facilitate our cash bonus from his involvement with the national team.

Prior to the whole "gun to his head" incident Gallagher's contract expiry was listed on the official site as May 21 then shortly after it was amended to the end of June 21 (see spoiler).

Spoiler

267083213_ScreenShot2021-04-16at08_27_30.thumb.png.d2c4a13563f4e75547cf0b8ee5799766.png

921609795_ScreenShot2021-05-07at13_30_45.thumb.png.36563371c4969ce50e8b1a46511f77e9.png

7 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

May be wrong ..... but doesn't an "option" mean exactly that? It's down to the buying club if they wish to proceed if the player has met the terms of any agreement prior to their arrival (free agent or loan), rather than incumbent on them to take the player.

I'm thinking of Jack Hendry at Oostende when they decided to take up the option. Celtic couldn't stop it despite a good showing and his value increasing significantly. Oostende secured him, play him in 6 games and sell him to Brugge for £4m. Easiest cash > hippy you'll ever see. Ball was firmly in Oostende's court.

Options can be "put" or "call". 

I've never heard of a put option in a loan contract, but having seen that boy try to play last season it's almost believable that his parent club would want the option to get rid. 

Maybe you have to come to an acceptance that this acquisition isn't part of some nefarious plot by a former disgruntled employee at Easter Road or an oversight by those still there. A loan leading to a carrot of a three year deal at the end seems far fetched in this day and age if it was agreed in the winter window.

Maybe it's just as simple as someone thought, "he's got something about him".

Definitely one for your next AGM (unless he does a Lamie and has a full circle redemption story in 2022-23)

2 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Maybe it's just as simple as someone thought, "he's got something about him".

The head of recruitment stated : "Rocky is just 22, has played over 80 senior matches, and has a lot of room for improvement.". That's as clear a euphemism for 'shite' from someone in his position as you're ever going to get on the day someone signs for the club. If this was the team taking a punt on an unknown, I'd at least expect the euphemisms to be of the order of 'promising young player' or 'development prospect' or something. Lee Johnson was similarly unenthusiastic.

I think he played 15 times for Hibs? 

14 in the league, 1 in the cup. Wonder if there was a 15 game point where they had to make it permanent and someone at Hibs wrongly thought it meant league games only?