5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Ben Kensell has 100% fucked up the original loan deal and we’ve had to sign him permanently. They said Rocky was leaving the club last week :lol: 

Yep, and going on what Lee J said in his comments about adapting to "the new system" I dont expect to see him anywhere except the subs bench.

Still too close to the pitch, mind.......................

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Yep, and going on what Lee J said in his comments about adapting to "the new system" I dont expect to see him anywhere except the subs bench.

Still too close to the pitch, mind.......................

It’s a fucking shambles. I feel bad for moaning about Mathie last summer because this current lot are worse by a very long stretch.

In fairness if no permanent deal had been agreed and the loan deal was coming to an end then they would say he was returning to his parent club as standard. 

Unless I’m missing something I don’t think that’s necessarily a f**k up. Pursuing him on a permanent deal however…

29 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Ben Kensell has 100% fucked up the original loan deal and we’ve had to sign him permanently. They said Rocky was leaving the club last week :lol: 

Fucking hell.

Rocky only signed up to Norwich on a 4-year deal, three years ago. Accidentally taking a year of his contract off Norwich's hands due to a contract glitch is one thing. Somehow being lumbered with him for two more years on top of what Norwich were stuck with is another.

Rocky's agent and Norwich City's lawyers have totally earned their bonuses on this one.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness if no permanent deal had been agreed and the loan deal was coming to an end then they would say he was returning to his parent club as standard. 

Unless I’m missing something I don’t think that’s necessarily a f**k up. Pursuing him on a permanent deal however…

Aye, don't see any mistake with this one 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The press release suggests that we had to sign him after playing a certain number of games.

The 22-year-old centre-half has penned a three-year deal with the Club after an option in his original loan agreement was triggered through a certain number of appearances.

Lee Johnsons words on the player were hardly enthusiastic either.

“Rocky has a lot of attributes to be a successful in his career.

“He has obvious strengths and it’ll be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt to a new playing style.”

Its an admin cockup imv, and if he doesnt fit LJ mould of a Centre Half (I fucking hope not) he will probably go out on loan somewhere and get a perm deal elsewhere in Jan.

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely the issue is that today's statement says that an appearance-based clause in his contract was triggered. They should have known that was the case at the time that they made the previous statement, and the fact they didn't mention it then leans heavily towards f**k-up.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Surely the issue is that today's statement says that an appearance-based clause in his contract was triggered. They should have known that was the case at the time that they made the previous statement, and the fact they didn't mention it then leans heavily towards f**k-up.

Exactly this. The statement today is also extremely low key and includes a line of “a lot of room for improvement”. They know he’s shite ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The press release suggests that we had to sign him after playing a certain number of games.

The 22-year-old centre-half has penned a three-year deal with the Club after an option in his original loan agreement was triggered through a certain number of appearances.

Lee Johnsons words on the player were hardly enthusiastic either.

“Rocky has a lot of attributes to be a successful in his career.

“He has obvious strengths and it’ll be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt to a new playing style.”

Its an admin cockup imv, and if he doesnt fit LJ mould of a Centre Half (I fucking hope not) he will probably go out on loan somewhere and get a perm deal elsewhere in Jan.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hadn’t read todays statement tbh, that makes more sense. 

That’s very amusing if true :lol: