4 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Many Hibs are sectarian. Go looking on twitter or Facebook for any evidence required. 

In my 60ish years of following Scottish football I'd say very few Hibs fans are sectarian and those that are can be divided 50-50 between 'us' and 'them'.   Daft post. 

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hey Hibees.

Honest opinions needed...

Did you all want Maloney out? - I did 

Did he have any particular good points or bad points? - I always felt he came across as being extremely awkward in front of the camera. Some of his interviews made for uncomfortable viewing. The football we played was horrendous and he rigidly stuck to his formation whether he had the players for it or not. 

Did the players seem to take to him? - Heard that a couple of them didn’t like him or his methods at all but that could be due to their personal preference.

What style was he trying to bring? - We got slow as f**k, mind numbing football that went side to side and backwards. We often had way more possession than our opponents but never looked like scoring.

Thank you.

It’ll be interesting to see if he’s learned anything from his spell at Hibs should he end up getting the job. He was dealt a bad hand in some aspects but he also failed to get anywhere near the best out of what he had.

22 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Many Hibs are sectarian. Go looking on twitter or Facebook for any evidence required. 

Where? You look for Hibs fans on social media and all you'll get is them moaning about the team, the manager, the Chairman and the pies. 

I've followed the Hibs since the late 70s for no other reason that they were my boyhood local team and they had a really cool kit and whilst there may have been the odd chant back then it was always really lame stuff that got little enthusiasm. Nowadays there's none of that stuff. Like every other club we have a percentage of fans that are total bell ends but they tend to be fuelled by bevvy and gak than any political or sectarian agenda.

Edited by AndyM

14 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Hey Hibees.

Did you all want Maloney out?

Did he have any particular good points or bad points?

Did the players seem to take to him?

What style was he trying to bring?

Thank you.

Nah, I didn’t.

You could tell what he wanted to achieve was absolutely the right way of doing things and I think given time he may have just done that, far more potential than Jack Ross and a lot better to listen to.

I think he was looking for us to have lots of possession, build from the back and get lots of shots on goal unfortunately we achieved the former but not the latter and the latter probably suffered due to the former.

Hope he does well and hope you win the league next year and if you get Maloney I think that you will, hope he succeeds partly to prove me right in my ire when he was sacked.

7 hours ago, AndyM said:

Where? You look for Hibs fans on social media and all you'll get is them moaning about the team, the manager, the Chairman and the pies. 

I've followed the Hibs since the late 70s for no other reason that they were my boyhood local team and they had a really cool kit and whilst there may have been the odd chant back then it was always really lame stuff that got little enthusiasm. Nowadays there's none of that stuff. Like every other club we have a percentage of fans that are total bell ends but they tend to be fuelled by bevvy and gak than any political or sectarian agenda.

From the old East stand 'up the IRA' graffiti to our casuals to the fans we've banned recently for being charged under the 'offensive behaviour at football and threatening communications act (Scotland 2012)' to the boy who attacked the Rangers player at ER that got Dempster on the TV to the Herald calling us out for it, to the 'go home yer ****' chorus at Tynecastle.

Lennon even raised the issue after one of the Derbies.

How many examples from the last few years would you like?  

I remember telling the girls at the pie stalls to keep the change with a wink, knowing it was going straight into the collection for the prisoners families, and that rumour about the cache of semtex buried under the old cowshed was more than just a rumour.

Changed days now though, there'd be no bother inviting Gerry Adams into the boardroom these days rather than sneaking him in under a blanket like we did in the 80's.

On 25/05/2022 at 22:15, johnnydun said:

Hey Hibees.

Did you all want Maloney out?

Did he have any particular good points or bad points?

Did the players seem to take to him?

What style was he trying to bring?

Thank you.

Yes I wanted Maloney out. He was the worst manager I have ever heard in terms of talking to media doesn’t sound like he could motivate any individual. Like a wee boy lost. His tactics were slow ponderous passing around the back line. After each game he loved to say he was ‘super’ proud of the players like some American coach. Promised attacking football yet we got the dullest football I have ever witnessed at Easter road. Didn’t look like there had been any improvements in the team. 

12 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

From the old East stand 'up the IRA' graffiti to our casuals to the fans we've banned recently for being charged under the 'offensive behaviour at football and threatening communications act (Scotland 2012)' to the boy who attacked the Rangers player at ER that got Dempster on the TV to the Herald calling us out for it, to the 'go home yer ****' chorus at Tynecastle.

If it's the same incident you are referring to the boy who "attacked" Tavernier was drunk who had been on the gargle with an empty brain. There was nothing sectarian in it. He was just a tit.  As for grafitti, who cares. It gets painted over or in the case of the old East Stand, knocked down. You will always get some daftie with their wind up tricolor waving it at Rangers  or Hearts but strangely its nowhere to be seen when the team is at home to Motherwell or Dundee the midweek after. I wonder why...

If you are trying to make out that we are some sort of mini Celtic or that we have some major problem with sectarianism then don't. We are not.  I don't deny that stuff happened 50-60 years ago at ER with certain songs and chants but several things happened that contributed to their demise.  When the Troubles broke out it didn't seem like such a good idea especially with many local boys serving in the Royal Scots (a local Leith regiment) and secondly the late Tom Hart went after the IRA chanting idiots and told them that they were embarrassing the club and to cut it out or they would be banned. Also there was little "comradeship" between Hibs and Celtic. When we played them in those huge Cup matches at Hampden in the early 70s the Hibs fans were subject to frequent terracing attacks from group s of Celtic fans according to my cousin who was at all the games.

13 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:
14 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Utter nonsense

1 incident of shite graffiti in a stand that was knocked down 12 years ago

The act you've cited isn't a specific sectarian charge, you could be charged with that for drinking on the street in football colours 

The boy who attacked the rangers player was an absolute doughnut who drank too much, even the rags didn't spin it as sectarian

Every club in the country sings that to The Rangers, so hardly a Hibs specific problem

Neil Lennon raised the issue of Hibs being sectarian? Must have missed that one

idiot-sandwich-not-smart.gif

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

If it's the same incident you are referring to the boy who "attacked" Tavernier was drunk who had been on the gargle with an empty brain. There was nothing sectarian in it. He was just a tit.  As for grafitti, who cares. It gets painted over or in the case of the old East Stand, knocked down. You will always get some daftie with their wind up tricolor waving it at Rangers  or Hearts but strangely its nowhere to be seen when the team is at home to Motherwell or Dundee the midweek after. I wonder why...

If you are trying to make out that we are some sort of mini Celtic or that we have some major problem with sectarianism then don't. We are not.  I don't deny that stuff happened 50-60 years ago at ER with certain songs and chants but several things happened that contributed to their demise.  When the Troubles broke out it didn't seem like such a good idea especially with many local boys serving in the Royal Scots (a local Leith regiment) and secondly the late Tom Hart went after the IRA chanting idiots and told them that they were embarrassing the club and to cut it out or they would be banned. Also there was little "comradeship" between Hibs and Celtic. When we played them in those huge Cup matches at Hampden in the early 70s the Hibs fans were subject to frequent terracing attacks from group s of Celtic fans according to my cousin who was at all the games.

Not highlighting it as a major problem for Hibs. Highlighting that we're not free of it as if we own the moral high ground.