I don’t mind what I’ve heard from Johnson so far. He talks well, certainly better than our last manager but that wouldn’t be difficult.

All depends on the recruitment. Our squad is a shambles in places.

Having not listened to anything about this all day but having had what I think is a relatively witty hot take I'll just say that we've replaced David Gray with David Brent.

Thank you. 

Having listened to the interview and reading this I think I'll continue with that analogy. Think I'd rather have kept Shaun. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

I think the best take on it than I can muster is that the board are big Peep Show fans.

First we had Jack Ross, who was a dead ringer for well known white supremacist p***k, Daryl.

85967970-1F2C-4778-A68A-C629DF5F2CC2.thumb.jpeg.bd72eac905b2f77362604a3702db166f.jpeg

3040597A-FC3F-439F-8E3D-F9F0923F694D.jpeg.6fde303a32effbe7ebe10c47889c7e66.jpeg

Then we decided to pay tribute to the shows writer by bringing in Clyde goalkeeper David Mitchell for absolutely no reason.

3389ED4E-6919-4807-B45E-C3538580B8BB.thumb.jpeg.ffe4e96aed47a27b10798992ec17d48e.jpeg

And now we’ve gone and picked up David Mitchell’s arch nemesis from Peep Show, Gerard.

20FF5804-B467-4E07-9D80-3275CB32BC48.thumb.jpeg.a130cc546b2fe2109d91e32e3473c36c.jpeg8639A719-67E6-43B0-A43F-2F3DA45D1BC0.jpeg.9c11dc131b03eed7b11e01f169ca3789.jpeg 

21 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Based on my opinion that Hibs and Aberdeen are looking for a manager to ‘take the club back to where it should be’, and when the manager fails to meet that wooly expectation, they will be bagged. Where Hibs and Aberdeen should be, in my opinion, is a place that Hearts, Dundee United, Motherwell, Livingston, and who knows who else, are equally capable of occupying. Hey, opinions, opinions. 😎

I think Hibs and Aberdeen would both struggle to avoid the top 6 next season.

Both were utter shite this season yet were a baw hair from top 6. Both clubs have the budgets to easily improve that relative to the sides who have edged them out this season.

Add in that Hearts are going to have a lot of travel and fixture congestion up to Christmas at least, and I think one or both of Aberdeen and Hibs will qualify for Europe next season.

On 19/05/2022 at 13:33, Hoose Rice said:

He saved Bristol from relegation and established them as a Championship club.  Sunderland are a basket case and they still placed in third when he was punted.

Face value, despite supporters moaning he's about as good as any of the diddy clubs could attract imo.   Seems an alright guy too. 

Bristol City sacked him FFS. Good luck 

Just now, annan4eva said:

Bristol City sacked him FFS. Good luck 

They also sacked other managers like Derek McInnes.   

Salford sacked Alexander, MK Dons sacked Robbie Neilson, Wigan and Cardiff sacked McKay so I'm not sure what your point is?  He still done a good job at Bristol City, keeping them up, League Cup Semi's and highest league place in 15 years. Done well with Barnsley and Oldham also.  

On 19/05/2022 at 09:57, Lyle Lanley said:

Think this has to be the most uninspiring manager appointment we’ve had considering some of the names we were linked with and interviewed. 

Most fans are absolutely pissed off with this. 

Pat Fenlon?

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I wanted him in at the time tbh. 

Fenlon was unlucky to be coming into a club on the downward with Rod cutting the budget year on year.

But to be fair I wouldn't say that what the fans want at ER should ever be taken too seriously. Remember when a lot of fans wanted Terry Butcher in..... although most of us have been trying to forget that one.