7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Surely there must have been a clause or something to be taking those boys on permanently?

If there was it is - yet more - evidence of our catastrophic recruitment policy recently.

I am fairly sure they are loans - Rocky with an option to make perm.

Neither are good enough for us (thats not me being big headed, they are not good enough for any team in this division).

Just now, Leith Green said:

If there was it is - yet more - evidence of our catastrophic recruitment policy recently.

Neither are good enough for us (thats not me being big headed, they are not good enough for any team in this division).

Why would a hibs fan be big headed 

Just now, Leith Green said:

I was thinking along the line of clauses where the deal is made permanent after x amount of games. Injuries forcing you to play them.

I thought Scott would be a good signing but it only took one game to see the guy Rocky would be a bombscare.

James Scott is the worst striker we’ve had at the club for quite a while. There’s surely no chance we keep him based on his performances and the fact he still appears to be massively unfit despite being here a full season.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

only took one game to see the guy Rocky would be a bombscare.

Believe it or not, there are Hibs fans who say "hes quite young, he might get better" but for me, he simply doesnt have it - and hes not that young.

Scott is simply garbage and for a professional player to take 6 months to get vaguely fit is a fucking scandal.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Twitter chat that we are keeping Rocky and James Scott on permanent deals.............

If true, wouldn't that mean that one of either Melkerson, Doidge or Nisbet is on the way out? It would probably be good business practice to hang on to Melkerson for a year so he'll improve enough to be sellable, Nisbet is recuperating from an ACL issue and won't pass any kind of medical until maybe the next January window, and so that leaves Doidge getting punted, which I can justabout see happening, Scott or no.

Unless this Scott signing is just a 6/12 month contract until Nisbet gets fit again think it's more likely that the twitter rumour is someone having a giggle at Hibs' expense!

It is pretty typical that a shred of excitement appears with the Jon Dahl Tomasson rumours and then suddenly it looks like Lee bloody Johnson.

If he ends up being the man it pretty much sums up our season, promise and hope followed by being underwhelmed and disappointed.

Preparing a list of slanderous adjectives to describe our CEO for when we appoint this beige midget.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Twitter chat that we are keeping Rocky and James Scott on permanent deals.............

Tv Show Lol GIF

That happens and they can fucking shove their season ticket. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Thay happens and they can fucking shove their season ticket. 

I havent renewed yet - I appreciate there is a notional deadline for renewal, and the early bird discount.............but if things pan out as shitely (not a word, but - hey, its Friday) as this, then I would probably be able to get the same seat the day before the season kicks off.

Fucking pish

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I havent renewed yet - I appreciate there is a notional deadline for renewal, and the early bird discount.............but if things pan out as shitely (not a word, but - hey, its Friday) as this, then I would probably be able to get the same seat the day before the season kicks off.

Fucking pish

Rocky is the worst defender I've seen in a long time and Scott is possibly the worse striker we've had since Rowan Vine. If the club think signing these players on permanent deals will get fans to buy season tickets then they are out of touch. 

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Unless this Scott signing is just a 6/12 month contract until Nisbet gets fit again think it's more likely that the twitter rumour is someone having a giggle at Hibs' expense!

He's still got another year to go on his contract at Hull does he not?

Unless Hull have just decided to give up on him and cut their losses. Our hopes of that sweet, sweet sell on % disappearing...

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

they are out of touch

I have mentioned elsewhere a few times that I think RG is clueless (obvs not in business but about football) and people question it.It is as clear as day that he needs a DoF, someone with deep footballing knowledge, someone who would command respect from everyone in the game - I give you......

Spoiler

the man who left a shite in Simon Stainrods shoe 

image.png.fcf17650869d36c5029c4cb270699450.png

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

If true, wouldn't that mean that one of either Melkerson, Doidge or Nisbet is on the way out? It would probably be good business practice to hang on to Melkerson for a year so he'll improve enough to be sellable, Nisbet is recuperating from an ACL issue and won't pass any kind of medical until maybe the next January window, and so that leaves Doidge getting punted, which I can justabout see happening, Scott or no.

He's done absolutely nothing to suggest he deserves even a 6-month extension. We've got a whole summer to find someone better. If we can't even do that we're fucked.