If we're signing old folk I reckon Steven Fletcher could fit the bill for the big target man I've been demanding.

For a 35 year old he looks to have played a fair amount of games judging from his Wikipedia page. 

11 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

If we're signing old folk I reckon Steven Fletcher could fit the bill for the big target man I've been demanding.

For a 35 year old he looks to have played a fair amount of games judging from his Wikipedia page. 

Fletcher/Melkersen upfront would be decent until Nisbet is back from injury. 

18 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Fletcher/Melkersen upfront would be decent until Nisbet is back from injury. 

Nisbet's lack of performance until his injury this season left me like this.....

Mood What GIF by NBC

On 09/05/2022 at 23:24, Ulises de la Cruz said:

quitegood.png.db4524ed053c2bee148b3481e24fe86d.png

Hibs to ‘moneyball it’ next season with a load of mid thirties vets and pip the Bigot Brothers and The Maroon Goons to the title!?

Thank you.  

Hello Hibs supporting friends,

I know it was many years ago now, and at quite a different level than he’ll be playing at the minute, but how was Steven Thicot for Hibs? In a quite bizarre transfer, he’s just signed for Clyde and I know absolutely nothing about him other than he played for you, and featured in the now infamous Clyde vs Hibs friendly in 2008.

Edited by Scott-Replay

45 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I know it was many years ago now, and at quite a different level than he’ll be playing at the minute, but how was Steven Thicot for Hibs? In a quite bizarre transfer, he’s just signed for Clyde and I know absolutely nothing about him other than he played for you, and featured in the now infamous Clyde vs Hibs friendly in 2008.

A bit part player for 3 years really, signed as CB/DM but if I'm remembering right one of his more memorable periods was as the RB in possibly the worst and funniest Hibs side I remember watching regularly alongside Francis Dickoh, Hanlon and Callum Booth (?) under Calderwood. Don't really remember anything about him as a player other than not being very good but that's about 10 years ago now. 

ETA looks like it was the ghost of Ian Murray who mainly played LB while he was on the right, around Jan 2011

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

52 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

A bit part player for 3 years really, signed as CB/DM but if I'm remembering right one of his more memorable periods was as the RB in possibly the worst and funniest Hibs side I remember watching regularly alongside Francis Dickoh, Hanlon and Callum Booth (?) under Calderwood. Don't really remember anything about him as a player other than not being very good but that's about 10 years ago now. 

ETA looks like it was the ghost of Ian Murray who mainly played LB while he was on the right, around Jan 2011

I didn’t realise he was at Hibs for that long. I was a regular attender at the time but can remember very little of him. 

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Like others have said, he played in a friendly against Barcelona as a trialist and looked like probably our best player.

After that he played a mixture of positions, RB, CB, CM, a pretty strong tackler and decent in the air but prone to a lapse and concentration and did have a fair few mistakes, was in and out the team constantly over a period where we were largely pretty shite.

No idea what he’ll be like nowadays mind you.

8 hours ago, Zing. said:

"Chief executive Ben Kensell and head of recruitment Ian Gordon met with several top-level management candidates in England before they whistled down their shortlist."

whistling GIF by South Park