12 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

JKB at that time had problems with weirdo Hibs supporters, in particular, one who called himself "Sergey". The guy was a serial account creator on the forum, and he was utterly obsessed with Hearts and us being liquidated - A fantasist of incredible determination. Along with folk like the simple laddie who wrote the letter to the Lithuanian government trying to scupper our CVA, that sort of behaviour led a lot of Hearts supporters moving beyond normal rivalry when it comes to Hibs supporters.

Then they're just getting mad about posts online then. Had the Mercer takeover been in a time of social media you'd have had Jambos doing the exact equivalent to bam up weird Hibs fans and get some online clout. 

8 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Then they're just getting mad about posts online then. Had the Mercer takeover been in a time of social media you'd have had Jambos doing the exact equivalent to bam up weird Hibs fans and get some online clout. 

Some degree of truth in that, I suppose. I remember the Hands off Hibs days quite well. I know a lot of Hearts supporters who were dead against it, and I personally know a few who joined rallies. There were others who went the other way however.

It was not just posts online though. That has been confirmed by both Murray and Jackson, as well as a Lithuanian administrator. 

It certainly altered my feelings towards Hibs supporters, as I knew that some of the ones I would be speaking to would have been behaving like that. Obviously I have good friends who are Hibs supporters, who I know were not of that sort ilk too. It definitely changed how I viewed the rivalry though, as I now know there are Sergeys, Green_Gingers, Bajillions, and Kevin Moffat types out there acting like such complete weirdos.

Edited by Kyle Reese

image.png.a367afec9ed576f055a90f75af6b433f.png

The lineupbuilder.com website seems to be down so just made a really great non-formatted excel table, but from what I can tell from Narey's Toepoker this is our squad for next season. Only places I can say we're strong there are FB and, if a new manager can get anything out of Nisbet and Doidge again, CF. I think we have an option to buy with Jasper but not sure. I think we definitely need:

• At least a couple of starter-level CBs.
  • I've put DM here but any midfielder who can win the ball back regularly would be good. Gogic seems to have had a good spell at St. Mirren and I think used right/rarely could be a good one to retain.
  • We could do with another attacking midfielder, although Henderson has been better than I expected so far.
  • Probably a winger, 2 if Jasper isn't staying

We have 3 box to box type midfielders (although I could be mischaracterising Tait, not seen a lot of him) but they are in order broken, shite and untested at this level, so potentially one of them, and I'm not sure about Macey at all so a GK would be good. So that's definitely 5, potentially 8, new signings required for a squad to compete for 3rd; and that's counting on some players turning around their whole trajectory and not losing Porteous.

The squad isn't the biggest, either, so can't really shift deadwood and some of the lengths of contract are insane. Looking around at OOC players I'd take Charles-Cook, Forrest and Hendry but all 3 could just be having purple patches/seasons and probably have better offers. 

28 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Definitely excited to be requiring at least 2/3 centre backs for the 5th transfer window in a row.

We'll get them in, but by the second half of the season, central defence will still be Porteous/Hanlon/Stevenson with McGregor on the bench.

34 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Definitely excited to be requiring at least 2/3 centre backs for the 5th transfer window in a row.

To be an old man for a minute just fancy some players with some character and charisma. Take porteous, cadden and doig out and I don't think there's anyone outside the old boys we should be phasing out who anyone can really give a shit about.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

JKB at that time had problems with weirdo Hibs supporters, in particular, one who called himself "Sergey". The guy was a serial account creator on the forum, and he was utterly obsessed with Hearts and us being liquidated - A fantasist of incredible determination. Along with folk like the simple laddie who wrote the letter to the Lithuanian government trying to scupper our CVA, that sort of behaviour led a lot of Hearts supporters moving beyond normal rivalry when it comes to Hibs supporters.

Sergey was actually an admin on Kickback as well as .net.  He got kicked off admin on .net for threatening people and got me banned :lol: 

Edited by Hoose Rice

53 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

This all started with the big screens. I told you all, big screens are a fucking nonsense. It's all been downhill since the big screens arrived. 

I for one am delighted Hearts are doing similar for next season in that case.

Can the club not just say sorry and get Stubbs and Dempster back?  

Is it any coincidence it has seemed to turn to shit since George Craig left infact?  I'm sure Falkirk fell to fk when he left there too. 

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

That's genuine oddball behaviour.  I was down south in 2013 -2015 so a lot of that stuff passed me by (including the rather pathetic Edinburgh Double Header Relegation😆). I do think a lot of that nonsense was or must have been inspired (if that's the right word) by the Rangers meltdown in 2012. I worked with a couple of Celtic fans at the time who were literally consumed by it,  constantly on CQN and Twitter who treated every utterance from Phil McGhiollabain as gospel truth rather than the boring drivel of a hack who regurgitated his copy  on a weeklybasis. 

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

We should be looking at the Dundee Utd goalie and chuck Macey in the bin. 

The press thinks we're looking to get David Marshall now he's a free agent, which, if true, is a more than reasonable alternative, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The press thinks we're looking to get David Marshall now he's a free agent, which, if true, is a more than reasonable alternative, IMO.

Very true.  I think Dabrowski will develop into a very capable goalie and would learn a lot from Marshall. 

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

image.png.a367afec9ed576f055a90f75af6b433f.png

The lineupbuilder.com website seems to be down so just made a really great non-formatted excel table, but from what I can tell from Narey's Toepoker this is our squad for next season. Only places I can say we're strong there are FB and, if a new manager can get anything out of Nisbet and Doidge again, CF. I think we have an option to buy with Jasper but not sure. I think we definitely need:

• At least a couple of starter-level CBs.
  • I've put DM here but any midfielder who can win the ball back regularly would be good. Gogic seems to have had a good spell at St. Mirren and I think used right/rarely could be a good one to retain.
  • We could do with another attacking midfielder, although Henderson has been better than I expected so far.
  • Probably a winger, 2 if Jasper isn't staying

We have 3 box to box type midfielders (although I could be mischaracterising Tait, not seen a lot of him) but they are in order broken, shite and untested at this level, so potentially one of them, and I'm not sure about Macey at all so a GK would be good. So that's definitely 5, potentially 8, new signings required for a squad to compete for 3rd; and that's counting on some players turning around their whole trajectory and not losing Porteous.

The squad isn't the biggest, either, so can't really shift deadwood and some of the lengths of contract are insane. Looking around at OOC players I'd take Charles-Cook, Forrest and Hendry but all 3 could just be having purple patches/seasons and probably have better offers. 

Thanks for putting this together.

I would say the players above fit into 3 categories.

Shite, get rid (Macey, Newell, Doyle-Hayes, Campbell, Doidge, Jasper)

Young/unproven (Dabrowski, Delferriere, Demetri Mitchell, Tait, MacKay, Hauge, Bradley, Melkersen, O’Connor)

Keep (Cadden, Clarke, Porteous, Doig, Magennis, Nisbet, Henderson) 

Lifetime achievement, keep around the club, can be useful back up etc (Hanlon, McGregor, Stevenson, David Mitchell) 

Harsh on Doidge but he’s finished since his injury.

Steven Bradley is on loan until after Christmas in the League of Ireland.

I would probably keep Paul McGinn around too tbf as a decent option.

Assuming some of the younger players go out on loan and we’re able to shift some of the dead wood we’ll need at least 10 players.

I’m under no illusions we’ll still have the likes of the useless Newell and Doyle-Hayes in our midfield next season and Kyle Magennis will play about 9 games over the course of the season.

48 minutes ago, AndyM said:

That's genuine oddball behaviour.  I was down south in 2013 -2015 so a lot of that stuff passed me by (including the rather pathetic Edinburgh Double Header Relegation😆). I do think a lot of that nonsense was or must have been inspired (if that's the right word) by the Rangers meltdown in 2012. I worked with a couple of Celtic fans at the time who were literally consumed by it,  constantly on CQN and Twitter who treated every utterance from Phil McGhiollabain as gospel truth rather than the boring drivel of a hack who regurgitated his copy  on a weeklybasis. 

I absolutely agree about the inspired by Celtic part btw. It was like some of them wanted the same thing and were gutted that it never played out that way.

Anyway, obviously there are normal decent folk following both clubs, and I would like to think they outnumber the weirdos.

Our squad is fucking pap man and no doubt will be actively looking to flog Porteous and the vastly over rated Doig the worry is despite the likes of Doig being over rated and Newell and JDH being bottom six shan I've no confidence in bringing in adequate replacements.  

55 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Thanks for putting this together.

I would say the players above fit into 3 categories.

Shite, get rid (Macey, Newell, Doyle-Hayes, Campbell, Doidge, Jasper)

Young/unproven (Dabrowski, Delferriere, Demetri Mitchell, Tait, MacKay, Hauge, Bradley, Melkersen, O’Connor)

Keep (Cadden, Clarke, Porteous, Doig, Magennis, Nisbet, Henderson) 

Lifetime achievement, keep around the club, can be useful back up etc (Hanlon, McGregor, Stevenson, David Mitchell) 

Harsh on Doidge but he’s finished since his injury.

Steven Bradley is on loan until after Christmas in the League of Ireland.

I would probably keep Paul McGinn around too tbf as a decent option.

Assuming some of the younger players go out on loan and we’re able to shift some of the dead wood we’ll need at least 10 players.

I’m under no illusions we’ll still have the likes of the useless Newell and Doyle-Hayes in our midfield next season and Kyle Magennis will play about 9 games over the course of the season.

Aye I definitely agree with your classifications there. Doubt we can get rid of many of the shite/get rid ones though