23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That figure doesn’t tell us what he’s on at Hibs but they do give us some context for the various suggestions. It seems reasonable to assume that he’d be require a better deal but the idea that hibs had to quadruple his wages seems implausible

Yep,

Hibs average player salaries based on accounts are fairly clear for everyone to see.

Obviously there will be a range, but to suggest the £9k a week for Mueller is taking us toward the nonsense of "Hearts are paying Larea Kingston £25k per week" here.

13 hours ago, Squonk said:

OK, so Fergie's maybe not the best example in view of his previous success, but he lost the first two games then only won one away game in the entire season. It is well documented that Man United's hierarchy was concerned about his early days at the club, but, fortunately for him and them, the board stuck with him and he was able to implement changes for the long term good of the club.

Regardless, my point stands that managers are given insufficient time to implement their plans. More often than not, boards simply replace one manager who is perceived to have failed with another familiar face from the carousel of managerial failures.

Innovative clubs who take a chance on managers such as Glass, Maloney and Cathro should be applauded for their bravery, but there's little point in such appointments if the clubs are not going to afford their manager sufficient time.

The biggest problem with most of these appointments is they tend to be a lurch in strategy and at a time when you're setting the folk up to fail.

Maloney came in to a team who were on a poor run but were fundamentally reasonably solid as a team you'd expect to be comfortably top 6.  So he's at a base where 7th is a failure.  Take out his three main attacking threats, try to change the style to something many of the players aren't comfortable with and don't really back him in the transfer window and you make it significantly harder for him.  If he'd come in end of season, got a clean slate and a pre-season who knows, though you suspect his lack of personality would always be an issue.

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

If you need a personality* to be a successful manager you might as well appoint Piers Morgan. 

*ok, in his case its the personality of amoebic dysytery but you get my point. 

Obviously you need to be a good tactician and coach as well, but if you're a wet blanket the players and fans won't get behind you've got no chance.

1 hour ago, HK Hibee said:

Saw Josh Taylor was at HTC today. I haven’t seen him come out and sever links with MTK Global  - to me a poor show from Hibs to let him come in if he hasn’t done so. 

He doesnt really need to sever links with them, they are stopping / have already stopped representation of all their boxers and wont be involved in boxing with immediate effect (well, immediately as of last week).

On 28/04/2022 at 16:50, HK Hibee said:

Saw Josh Taylor was at HTC today. I haven’t seen him come out and sever links with MTK Global  - to me a poor show from Hibs to let him come in if he hasn’t done so. 

Yes he has.    He might be a Kelbie bum chum but he's said he's nothing to do with the Irish guys/MTK. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

6 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

Boxers, in general, are a bunch of slavering braindead piss-artists anyway. Best avoided and ignored. 

They are probably the most dedicated athletes to their sport out of everyone. :lol: 

51 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fair point. Apart from Alex Arthur. 

He stays in the same area as me - his boys are similar ages as my son, Liston is the same year as my boy but never been in the same classes.

I saw Arthur a fair few times at primary school gates (you know, when they are young and you drop off/pick up kids etc?).

Never spoke to him but he is still a beast of a man, at that time he rocked up in what I can only describe as a drug dealers blacked out, massive chromed up Merc 4 x 4 😆

Hilarious, especially as the school in question was Sciennes - the kind of school where parents were more likely to turn up in a bike with a shopping basket to pick up kids.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

He stays in the same area as me - his boys are similar ages as my son, Liston is the same year as my boy but never been in the same classes.

I saw Arthur a fair few times at primary school gates (you know, when they are young and you drop off/pick up kids etc?).

Never spoke to him but he is still a beast of a man, at that time he rocked up in what I can only describe as a drug dealers blacked out, massive chromed up Merc 4 x 4 😆

Hilarious, especially as the school in question was Sciennes - the kind of school where parents were more likely to turn up in a bike with a shopping basket to pick up kids.

:lol: amazing.  Top Southside lad is AA.  Never forgotten his roots.