25 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I've seen nothing to suggest he will bring in players that will inspire or improve us in the summer though.  It will be more of the same, young untested players hope we find a gem or 2 and sell later for profit.   It's why Ross was punted - he wanted tried and tested to improve us gradually.  It's been a complete disaster of a season and lose on Saturday Maloney should go - not because it is Hearts in the Semi - Mowbray survived a mauling because the progress was there - but because he's done nothing, literally nothing to suggest he can manage our club to success.     

To be fair you say Ross wanted tried and tested players that would improve us. Other than Kevin Nisbet, Chris Cadden and Paul McGinn I would argue every single permanent signing has been between horrendous and mediocre.

That’s not saying Maloney has been any better; as far as his signings go, I don’t think any of them have shown enough yet although I do have some hopes for Jasper and Melkersen but he has only brought in 2 permanent signings, hence why I think he should get the chance to build, if they punt him, fine, I won’t be up in arms about it but if we do decide to go down that route we’ll just appoint another charlatan and we’ll have the same dismal “transition” season again next year.

20 minutes ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Did they only wish one of them happy birthday? Seems a bit harsh on the other one. 

I'm not sure jokes about mental illness are as acceptable now as they were when he was playing.

17 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

To be fair you say Ross wanted tried and tested players that would improve us. Other than Kevin Nisbet, Chris Cadden and Paul McGinn I would argue every single permanent signing has been between horrendous and mediocre.

That’s not saying Maloney has been any better; as far as his signings go, I don’t think any of them have shown enough yet although I do have some hopes for Jasper and Melkersen but he has only brought in 2 permanent signings, hence why I think he should get the chance to build, if they punt him, fine, I won’t be up in arms about it but if we do decide to go down that route we’ll just appoint another charlatan and we’ll have the same dismal “transition” season again next year.

Fair enough, I can't be bothered looking through the Ross signings but he was badly let down in the Summer.  We got none of his top targets and ended up with pap like Nathan Wood and James Scott. 

Maloney hasn't made any decent signing.  Nobody has come in and improved us.  Jasper isn't a permanent either.   Rocky is shit, Henderson isn't good enough, Melkersens a gamble that might be decent one day, Mitchell injury prone, Clarke decent but loan, sent Dylan Tait right back out on loan.  Maloney surely isn't naive or daft enough to not be able to identify a single player to come in and improve the player they are replacing?   He's said from day one to Saturday he knew the magnitude of the job and the squad he arrived to yet done nothing to address any of it in January.  He doesn't rate Doidge, fair play, why not sign a striker that will hit the ground running in January?  Doesn't rate Allan but no creative midfielder?  Doesn't fancy big Daz but sticks by Rocky?   Drey Wright every week?  Drops Jasper for the derby?   Doesn't even bring him on when Drey goes off and brings on someone not good enough for the position he plays let alone out of position?   Ross Countys best player at Right Back Harry Clarke kicking about on the left and Josh Doig at CH?    Maloney is clueless imo and sticking with him for the sake of it then punting in October for another season of pish just incase it comes good doesn't work for me.  Although I do respect your opinion.

Lose Sat he should resign in time to watch his beloved Celtic the next again day. 

17 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fair enough, I can't be bothered looking through the Ross signings but he was badly let down in the Summer.  We got none of his top targets and ended up with pap like Nathan Wood and James Scott. 

Maloney hasn't made any decent signing.  Nobody has come in and improved us.  Jasper isn't a permanent either.   Rocky is shit, Henderson isn't good enough, Melkersens a gamble that might be decent one day, Mitchell injury prone, Clarke decent but loan, sent Dylan Tait right back out on loan.  Maloney surely isn't naive or daft enough to not be able to identify a single player to come in and improve the player they are replacing?   He's said from day one to Saturday he knew the magnitude of the job and the squad he arrived to yet done nothing to address any of it in January.  He doesn't rate Doidge, fair play, why not sign a striker that will hit the ground running in January?  Doesn't rate Allan but no creative midfielder?  Doesn't fancy big Daz but sticks by Rocky?   Drey Wright every week?  Drops Jasper for the derby?   Doesn't even bring him on when Drey goes off and brings on someone not good enough for the position he plays let alone out of position?   Ross Countys best player at Right Back Harry Clarke kicking about on the left and Josh Doig at CH?    Maloney is clueless imo and sticking with him for the sake of it then punting in October for another season of pish just incase it comes good doesn't work for me.  Although I do respect your opinion.

Lose Sat he should resign in time to watch his beloved Celtic the next again day. 

So there’s a few points there I don’t agree with.

Jack Ross is every much to blame for the summer as Maloney is for January, and his top target was Jamie McCart, a player who’s been absolutely pish all season, he signed Jake Doyle-Hayes who is just Melker Hallberg reincarnated and a raft of players that either aren’t good enough or never played.

Doidge has been rubbish since his injury, and I believe he’s now injured again, the games he has played he’s been really poor, obviously he’ll see this in training.

Scott Allan can’t play more than 10 minutes without being completely ineffective, Livingston away he played 45 minutes, St Johnstone at home he played half an hour and it was honestly like we’d pulled John Barnes or something onto the pitch, few nice touches but unfit and ineffective although that’s no fault of his own.

Darren McGregor is finished I’m afraid, he’s nearly 37, played this season away to St Mirren, Rijeka and County and he looked totally off the pace and cost us against Rijeka and St Mirren.

Jasper wasn’t fully fit for Saturday, we brought him back early for the Utd game and he had to be subbed at half time because he got injured on international duty so that’s why he didn’t start on Saturday, and although he’s not permanent we have an option to buy.

Some of your other points about Clarke, Wright, Doig, Rocky etc are bang on but a lot of that is unfair imo. I do share the frustrations on persisting with the likes of Wright, Scott etc but I do understand our lack of alternative options, a problem caused by injuries and shocking windows.

I would have a lot more blame on  the Gordon’s and Kensell than Maloney for that though, especially given he came in just a week before the window began.

Maloney literally came in less than 2 weeks before the January window and folk are expecting him to have solved every position? Clearly he’s getting the summer and so he should. Also need to give guys like Melkersen, Mueller and Henderson time to bulk up over the summer and hopefully they will be different players next season.

Eta: I'll be concerned if he doesn't admit his mistake on Rocky and signs him permanently though, guys blatantly not good enough.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

9 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

So there’s a few points there I don’t agree with.

Jack Ross is every much to blame for the summer as Maloney is for January, and his top target was Jamie McCart, a player who’s been absolutely pish all season, he signed Jake Doyle-Hayes who is just Melker Hallberg reincarnated and a raft of players that either aren’t good enough or never played.

Doidge has been rubbish since his injury, and I believe he’s now injured again, the games he has played he’s been really poor, obviously he’ll see this in training.

Scott Allan can’t play more than 10 minutes without being completely ineffective, Livingston away he played 45 minutes, St Johnstone at home he played half an hour and it was honestly like we’d pulled John Barnes or something onto the pitch, few nice touches but unfit and ineffective although that’s no fault of his own.

Darren McGregor is finished I’m afraid, he’s nearly 37, played this season away to St Mirren, Rijeka and County and he looked totally off the pace and cost us against Rijeka and St Mirren.

Jasper wasn’t fully fit for Saturday, we brought him back early for the Utd game and he had to be subbed at half time because he got injured on international duty so that’s why he didn’t start on Saturday, and although he’s not permanent we have an option to buy.

Some of your other points about Clarke, Wright, Doig, Rocky etc are bang on but a lot of that is unfair imo. I do share the frustrations on persisting with the likes of Wright, Scott etc but I do understand our lack of alternative options, a problem caused by injuries and shocking windows.

I would have a lot more blame on  the Gordon’s and Kensell than Maloney for that though, especially given he came in just a week before the window began.

Ross is as much to blame as Maloney when it comes to the windows.  But Ross was sacked despite having 3rd in the bank, Maloney the squad is used as an excuse for some and overlook the signings of all inexperienced players brought in with Maloney having the final say when it was abundantly clear what was needed in January to help stabilize the team. 

Ross came in and we improved gradually over the two years.  Maloney has come in and literally nothing has gotten better.  

Allan and McGregor may be coming to the end but who do we bring in January?  Rocky?  Henderson?  Both shite, Jasper might be okay, JDH has been a poor signing yet still gets a game every week because nobody brought in January was better than we had.   Why spend the summer hoping for a difference?   

There was tons of injuries and a covid outbreak earlier, didn't stop us punting the manager with some goodwill in the bank.  Maloney has none of that unless he wins on Saturday.  Lose and he will be punted, if not next season supporting Hibs will be the equivalent of hoping Chris Mueller comes good, nothing but baseless hope. 

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Maloney literally came in less than 2 weeks before the January window and folk are expecting him to have solved every position? Clearly he’s getting the summer and so he should. Also need to give guys like Melkersen, Mueller and Henderson time to bulk up over the summer and hopefully they will be different players next season.

Eta: I'll be concerned if he doesn't admit his mistake on Rocky and signs him permanently though, guys blatantly not good enough.

I would have liked to have solved one position or shown anything that he's capable.  He's not though. 

12 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Then they’ll moan about being called diet Celtic fans.

You don’t need to be of any green persuasion to know that Andy Goram is a monumental p***k of a man. I’ve also never heard Hibs ever being being called ‘diet celtic fans’ tbh. I think it’s just a lazy attempt by Hearts fans who are trying to deflect because the similarities of their fan base and the orcs are much closer.

17 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

In the nicest way possible, you’ve clearly not watched half of the players you’re suggesting should be picked this season. Either that or you want us to get relegated. 

Daz has cost us in pretty much every game he’s played this season, including 2 embarrassing red cards for a guy with so much experience, one of which saw us knocked out of Europe. 
Doidge has struggled since coming back from injury, he’s been given a decent number of chances and hasn’t really done anything at all, maybe he’ll be able to recover with a decent pre season but who knows.

Scott Allan has had one start all season where he’s been any good (United away in the cup) and even then he was gubbed by half time. Sadly the best he can offer is a decent 20 minutes off the bench if we’re lucky. 

I’m not really sure there are many at the club or who have been at the club this season that are blameless for where the squad is right now. 

As much as the club tried to help Maloney with signings in Jan he’s ended up with a worse squad due to Boyle going and injuries so I think he needs to be a given a chance to get a squad together in the summer, with the caveat that he’ll need to get off to a really good start. 

Unless we end up in a fight to avoid 11th I think you have to give Maloney the summary and first 5 months of next season to see if there is progress.

- Boyle apart the team this season have been average.  Him leaving reduced our quality significantly 

- January window is shite at the best of times. Maloney was never going to turn things around

- there has been a load of injuries

He will be gone tomorrow if we get pumped.  

Injuries being used as a major excuse but it's not as if he was getting the best out the likes of Nisbet or Doidge regardless.  MacGennis injured under Ross and Covid was a much bigger blow. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Selling pegs and trying to get my GF/sister some business mate. 

Hibs didnt get a result but no surprise there. if its any consolation Hearts didnt get any points just a place in the final and millions of pounds further down the line,If Rangers like on thursday turn up with the same game face on then I fear for Celtic tomorrow

2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Hibs didnt get a result but no surprise there. if its any consolation Hearts didnt get any points just a place in the final and millions of pounds further down the line,If Rangers like on thursday turn up with the same game face on then I fear for Celtic tomorrow

Have a good night mate.  Reading that hurts my eyes.