Sean Maloney arrived at Easter Road with this modern football philosophy no doubt borne out of the Belgian national team. Football decision makers really fall for this nonsense - Hearts went through this with Cathro and Hibs sadly look as though they have to learn the hard way. They had a very good Manager in Jack Ross - 3rd in table and good runs in Cup competitions. Hardly sacking offences despite a poor run of league form. To deny him his Cup Final appearance was not a very classy decision.

I have seen Hibs a lot under Maloney and there is absolutely nothing that leads me to believe that he has some revolutionary footballing methodology. He talks a great game but failing to get in the top 6 with his budget and playing squad is a major failure and it won’t be long until the boo boys are out in force- starting Saturday if their old rivals turn them over at Hampden.

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hibernian manager Shaun Maloney has warned his players, after they missed out on a top-six finish in the Scottish Premiership, they are playing for their futures at the club between now and the end of the season. (Scotland On Sunday)

Can we change that between now and next Saturday? 

Butcher said the same. 

Everything about the club just feels shite just now. I’m not in the Maloney Out camp but I’m not convinced by him either. We need a hell of a transfer window in summer if we’re going to get anywhere next season, no doubt we’ll end up with more shite deadline day loan signings. 

I said similar a few weeks back, we lose both derbys and Maloney won’t recover, rightly or wrongly.

I’m very unconvinced by him but I’d be inclined to give him the summer unless he drags us into a relegation battle.

But even then I don’t think he’ll recover even if he does improve next season, we’re only a derby hammering or a Hampden embarrassment away from the knives being out again.

The thing is I really don’t trust Gordon/Kensell etc to replace him with anyone competent, because I don’t really believe they’re competent themselves.

Maloney was a nice idea and at the time I definitely favoured that over going for some of the “jobs for the boys” names listed like McInnes/Lennon etc but it’s looking pretty bleak just now.

With that and also the support for VAR coming out the club and the country I really am feeling totally disillusioned with everything the club is doing and saying at the moment, there was a tweet on Saturday that Maloney was a symptom and not the cause of the huge issues at the club and I’m very much of that belief and I don’t see it changing in the short term.

It’s just depressing as f**k to even be saying all of this but this thread will be even more depressing on Saturday at 2pm.

2 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

That depends is you consider 27 goals from 111 games as "tearing it up".

I personally don't.

He's made a very decent career for himself having looked like a Donkey under Butcher.  Scored a good amount of goals for Luton to take them up and keep them in the league.  Cardiff has been pretty shit for him though. 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

He's made a very decent career for himself having looked like a Donkey under Butcher.  Scored a good amount of goals for Luton to take them up and keep them in the league.  Cardiff has been pretty shit for him though. 

His bank balance will be healthy I imagine.

Let's not pretend that 3 alright seasons in England's second tier is tearing it up.

He has a good record in England's fourth tier, the jabroni that's being talked about doesn't have anywhere near as good a record at that level as Collins which concerns me.

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

His bank balance will be healthy I imagine.

Let's not pretend that 3 alright seasons in England's second tier is tearing it up.

He has a good record in England's fourth tier, the jabroni that's being talked about doesn't have anywhere near as good a record at that level as Collins which concerns me.

True I suppose but he's had a much better career than I would have imagined.

This McIrdy guy was released by Port Vale last year and will have a lot more expectation on him if he ends up here.  I've no confidence he would be any better than Doidge. 

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why give him the summer?  He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's capable or merits it? 

Because sacking a manager after 20 games where he’s left us in the exact same position as we were when he came is madness.

I’m not convinced he’s the man at all but he deserves a chance to at least prove he is. Especially given the board would no doubt replace him with another idiot like Kensell.

14 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Because sacking a manager after 20 games where he’s left us in the exact same position as we were when he came is madness.

I’m not convinced he’s the man at all but he deserves a chance to at least prove he is. Especially given the board would no doubt replace him with another idiot like Kensell.

Wasn't he brought in to improve us?  Finishing 7th is the best he can wish for.    He's not improved us in any aspect since his arrival. 

The clubs on a vanity trip on and off the park.  Wait until they see how many season tickets are sold and the actual attendances for the final two games.  

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Wasn't he brought in to improve us?  Finishing 7th is the best he can wish for.    He's not improved us in any aspect since his arrival. 

The clubs on a vanity trip on and off the park.  Wait until they see how many season tickets are sold and the actual attendances for the final two games.  

Totally agree that he hasn’t improved us, we are exactly the same as we were October time and it’s dreadful.

I wouldn’t exactly be raging if we sacked him but if I was in charge I would give him the summer window to get rid of some of the absolute guff that has been brought in and see if he can bring in better and see where we are next season unless we have someone decent lined up but without any ITK knowledge I’m going to say that we absolutely don’t.

But like I’ve said many times, after we lose on Saturday there’ll be no way back for some supporters rightly or wrongly, just like there wasn’t for Ross after the Hampden defeats, Fenlon after Malmo, Mixu after the Scottish Cup defeat to Hearts etc etc etc.

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Totally agree that he hasn’t improved us, we are exactly the same as we were October time and it’s dreadful.

I wouldn’t exactly be raging if we sacked him but if I was in charge I would give him the summer window to get rid of some of the absolute guff that has been brought in and see if he can bring in better and see where we are next season unless we have someone decent lined up but without any ITK knowledge I’m going to say that we absolutely don’t.

But like I’ve said many times, after we lose on Saturday there’ll be no way back for some supporters rightly or wrongly, just like there wasn’t for Ross after the Hampden defeats, Fenlon after Malmo, Mixu after the Scottish Cup defeat to Hearts etc etc etc.

I've seen nothing to suggest he will bring in players that will inspire or improve us in the summer though.  It will be more of the same, young untested players hope we find a gem or 2 and sell later for profit.   It's why Ross was punted - he wanted tried and tested to improve us gradually.  It's been a complete disaster of a season and lose on Saturday Maloney should go - not because it is Hearts in the Semi - Mowbray survived a mauling because the progress was there - but because he's done nothing, literally nothing to suggest he can manage our club to success.