3 hours ago, velo army said:

What's the sell on clause you lads have for McGinn? Given the market for british players within the UK I could see him being sold for far more than the £50m that was being touted in the summer. If we qualify for the WC and he continues to produce there I could see him going for £100m. 

Mueller's twitter looks like absolute gold btw.

Honestly assumed the jokes about St Mirren fans thinking McGinn will move for £100m was a piss take.

Surely nobody actually believes that?

32 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Thing is Villa are fairly rich. It would take an eye-watering sum to let him leave, I don't think he'll kick up a fuss either. As said Villa are basically the perfect team for him so sadly I don't think we'll see any of that sell on fee barring any ridiculous surge in form, change in attitude or Manchester United overpaying by a rather high margin, the latter of which is probably the most likely I'd guess. 

McGinn is is ace, but he has his limitations. I can't see Man Utd paying the fee it'd take to get him, especially with how wasteful he can be in possession.

If he makes a massive move, I can only see it coming as a bosman signing.

He’s worth the £100 million because the McGinn song is the only chance of any atmosphere at Old Trafford.  If McGinn was English he’d be tipped at £100 million easy and actually compared in the press to Zidane.

Also that’s our season tickets up for next year.  Think the next two games will have some bearing on that.

52 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

McGinn is is ace, but he has his limitations. I can't see Man Utd paying the fee it'd take to get him, especially with how wasteful he can be in possession.

If he makes a massive move, I can only see it coming as a bosman signing.

Only thing is I'd said Man Utd's Summer window at this stage seems to be about signing Declan Rice. Given Chelsea's problems they might actually pull it off, but should they fail there will likely be some demand to sign a similar type. 

Not similar in playing position, but in the immortal words of John Hughes a 'guid, hoanest, hard working (British) laddie'. 

I don't think that stretches to £100 million, but maybe a compromise can be sorted out. 

McGinn can be wasteful in possession, United can be wasteful with money.

I was very much in the he's no moving camp but I've almost talked myself round to it. 

I'm not sure why you would release a 85-86 replica Hibs shirt, it wasn't a vintage season. For sure Hibs reached the League Cup Final but got horsed by Aberdeen. 

Now, a replica 85-86 Dundee shirt might be a best seller.... :whistle

17 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Respect your opinion Lyle but I have my doubts about that. This is basically a charity match/testimonial and these are appallingly attended generally by every club apart from Celtic and Rangers fans who (credit to them) will turn up at the opening of an envelope that their club is involved in.

Also at the risk of Hibs fans with burning pitchforks chasing me down the street I'll say this. Sauzee was a brilliant player but he means nothing to any Hibs fan under 30. He has been out of contact and stayed away from the club for too long IMHO.

Edited by AndyM

I am pretty much writing off next week. Go for a few bevvies and have 90 minutes of shite in the middle - its like supporting Scotland used to be like !

After that, what is the future?

Maloney surely cant survive.

That first team squad, jeez - there is a lot of dross there. One issue for me is that our CEO appears to have handed out extended contracts to most of them so paying off is going to cost a fortune................but imo its needed.

I think we will lose a couple in the summer, inc Porteous and maybe Doig.

We really need an entire new back 4, at least two more direct midfielders, and a couple of forwards in the mould of that Boyce and Simms (both of whom played their positions well today).

Thing is, all of that (and we probs need more tbqhwy) will cost a bundle. And after today and next week, ST sales are going to disappear - we will be below 10000 I am certain.

No idea what else we need, perhaps a new CEO and DoF who know their jobs?

I'm not in the 'Maloney Out' camp, but I'm definitely a bit concerned that almost every step of the hierarchy is new, unproven and hired externally. Bring in someone like Yogi at some capacity - someone who knows the club and reconnect with fans. 

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I am pretty much writing off next week. Go for a few bevvies and have 90 minutes of shite in the middle - its like supporting Scotland used to be like !

After that, what is the future?

Maloney surely cant survive.

That first team squad, jeez - there is a lot of dross there. One issue for me is that our CEO appears to have handed out extended contracts to most of them so paying off is going to cost a fortune................but imo its needed.

I think we will lose a couple in the summer, inc Porteous and maybe Doig.

We really need an entire new back 4, at least two more direct midfielders, and a couple of forwards in the mould of that Boyce and Simms (both of whom played their positions well today).

Thing is, all of that (and we probs need more tbqhwy) will cost a bundle. And after today and next week, ST sales are going to disappear - we will be below 10000 I am certain.

No idea what else we need, perhaps a new CEO and DoF who know their jobs?

Left at the 70th minute the day and the general feeling from all fans that not one of them wants Maloney in charge anymore. 

I’m not even going to bother going for a few bevvies next week before and after the semi even if we win. Just fucking fed up with this club. 

Hibernian manager Shaun Maloney has warned his players, after they missed out on a top-six finish in the Scottish Premiership, they are playing for their futures at the club between now and the end of the season. (Scotland On Sunday)

Can we change that between now and next Saturday? 

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hibernian manager Shaun Maloney has warned his players, after they missed out on a top-six finish in the Scottish Premiership, they are playing for their futures at the club between now and the end of the season. (Scotland On Sunday)

Can we change that between now and next Saturday? 

Same thing?