What would people expect of Scotland finest centre back here?

He is out with friends. His friend(s) have done something at best daft. To me he then only really has two choices, tell they guy he's a fanny and walk away, which he seems to have done, or physically make his friend put it back. 

Is the second option better? I'm no big city lawyer but I don't think physically assaulting his friend/accomplice is legal.

So, what should he have done? Never got himself in that situation? Easy to say with hindsight as I doubt this theft was planned in advance. Tell his friend he'll report it to the police? Maybe he did. 

The guy who took the wreath is a fanny, Porteous isn't. On this occasion at least.

57 minutes ago, Girth said:

What the hell is going on here lads!?

Some people (mostly of the full fat and diet type) are losing their minds because one of Portos mates was a bit of a dick, Ryan told the guy to f**k off and walked away.

As Ryan was in the same postcode as said dick, and not tucked up in bed with horlicks being read a bedtime story by his mummy, he needs (a) sacked, (b) charged

I think thats it anyway?

Bit of a non story. Young boys being dicks. 

I think RP probably needs to think about who he's hanging about with a bit to avoid unwanted attention. Being in Woodburn miners until the early hours probably isn't great for him either. I get he's 22/23 but at the same time he is a professional athlete and if he wants to play at a higher level probably could do with patching some nights out. 

2 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Brought up a Hibs fan. 🙂

No idea if that's true but he was employed and defended by hearts as a nonce.

Hearts fans saying Hibs class over a stolen wreath when their club, yes the club stole and didn't pay Lady Haigs poppy fund.  Guess who foot the bill?

Hibs class image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No idea if that's true but he was employed and defended by hearts as a nonce.

Hearts fans saying Hibs class over a stolen wreath when their club, yes the club stole and didn't pay Lady Haigs poppy fund.  Guess who foot the bill?

Hibs class image.jpg

🙂 Poppy thieves Desperation.

I know who paid the bill and it wasn't him. I also know Craig Thomson was a Hibs fan. Hibs class.

9 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

🙂 Poppy thieves Desperation.

I know who paid the bill and it wasn't him. I also know Craig Thomson was a Hibs fan. Hibs class.

Who paid the bill then?  We know who didn't, your football club.  

Same football club who employed this guy 

_41636628_rixsacked220.jpg&ehk=N4jJNb2c8

Jailed sex offender and now getting done for historical charges too at Chelsea.  Hero your old owner called him :lol: 

Porteous apparently being investigated for lobbing a plastic tumbler at someone outside the miners club during a ‘scuffle’. That’s the sort of story that would merit him being called out for his actions, not the shite the Daily Record tried to pin on him earlier.

Hibs star Ryan Porteous is at the centre of a police probe amid claims a woman was hit with a tumbler on a night out.
The 22-year-old was allegedly involved in a bust-up which resulted in a reveller needing hospital treatment for an injury.

Sources say Porteous threw the toughened plastic container outside Dalkeith Miners Club, in Midlothian, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Porteous and a group of his friends had spent the night drinking at the bar which is known to locals as the Woodburn Club