That exit interview is absolutely devastating, if I was hungover there would definitely be tears, what a guy.

I know footballers say shit like this all the time but he did say if he ever comes back to Scotland there’s no club he’d rather be at.

He definitely for me should be classed as a Hibs legend which lead me down the rabbit hole of who, of the last 20 years can we class as a Hibs legend?

From my group chat I came up with the list below, are we missing anyone? 

Riordan, Jones, McGinn, McGregor, Gray, Stevenson, Hanlon, Stokes, Boyle, Logan, Sproule, Bartley, Stubbs.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Nobody will be surprised by my reaction to Boyle's move. It shows a real lack of character, a deeply shallow person and someone who cares little for the lives of those around him.

We all know why you say that, Saudi is a footballing backwater, and their human rights record is atrocious.

However, if the reported sums are correct, MB will secure his family financially for the rest of their lives.................so he seems to be caring quite a lot for those that are the most important to him.

There are loads of people from Scotland who fly off to the middle east to work in oil installations etc who are doing the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

We all know why you say that, Saudi is a footballing backwater, and their human rights record is atrocious.

However, if the reported sums are correct, MB will secure his family financially for the rest of their lives.................so he seems to be caring quite a lot for those that are the most important to him.

There are loads of people from Scotland who fly off to the middle east to work in oil installations etc who are doing the same thing.

Now you’ve done it. 

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think his response will be along the lines of “they’re all c**ts.”.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Nobody will be surprised by my reaction to Boyle's move. It shows a real lack of character, a deeply shallow person and someone who cares little for the lives of those around him.

"Footballer x shouldn't move for money because my team might not replace him with a better player"

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It’s probably not entered his thoughts much and they have yet to qualify but could it help him have a decent World Cup as well by being more acclimatised to the weather and get a more desired move after it.

Most of the home grounds the Socceroos play in are in the South East, I think: Newcastle, Sydney, Melbourne etc. Climate is more humid than North West Saudi, which is very dry.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It’s probably not entered his thoughts much and they have yet to qualify but could it help him have a decent World Cup as well by being more acclimatised to the weather and get a more desired move after it.

I don't think its the principle reason he moved but I'm sure he's considered that it may make his international football easier by not having to travel as far, and given it seems to be quite dear to him I'd imagine the contract will stipulate he's allowed to prioritise his Australia duties in a way which was at times quite conflicting for Hibs.

Whether or not he still gets in the Australia team after playing for what appear to be a bunch of diddies is another matter entirely.

But certainly I think his Australia form has played a part in this move. Should that continue to improve then I reckon he could maybe get another out of it. 

Just now, Kyle Reese said:

Most of the home grounds the Socceroos play in are in the South East, I think: Newcastle, Sydney, Melbourne etc. Climate is more humid than North West Saudi, which is very dry.

I more meant for the actual world cup tbh, suffer Saudi for a year in the hope of getting a move elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Probably the most improved player I’ve seen at Hibs. £3m is good money and he’ll be back in a couple of seasons, probably at Aberdeen.

For a man that didn’t play in the 2016 final he certainly enjoyed the celebrations. Out for a week :lol: 

49194DB9-9B95-47D8-88EC-302A86525A80.thumb.jpeg.237af7212f8cc2c63174409cb5edb5b2.jpeg

Wouldn't be surprised if we see him at the Dons. If Hibs and Aberdeen could agree a deal then he was coming home in the summer. He certainly wasn't agitating for it though and was happy to commit to Hibs when they told us to f**k off.

Some of the takes from Hibs fans on the twitter post announcing his departure were wild. He wouldn't be earning £30k a week in England and no team in the Championship would be paying £3m for him either. Hibs and Boyle are both winners here.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I more meant for the actual world cup tbh, suffer Saudi for a year in the hope of getting a move elsewhere.

Ah right, gotcha. I reckon the geographical side of things probably does play a part, as others have mentioned, if he hangs around there for a while too. Cuts a fair few hours off the journey times at present. 

I'm surprised that Boyle has done as well as he has. I never really rated him that highly, but he's come on leaps and bounds (and dives) in the last two or three seasons. Wasn't really one that I saw coming.

A lot of Hibs supporters are convinced Mueller is going to be an adequate replacement. I don't really know what that is based on though. Surely a lot of question marks over how he will adapt to the Scottish game still. 

36 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Ah right, gotcha. I reckon the geographical side of things probably does play a part, as others have mentioned, if he hangs around there for a while too. Cuts a fair few hours off the journey times at present. 

I'm surprised that Boyle has done as well as he has. I never really rated him that highly, but he's come on leaps and bounds (and dives) in the last two or three seasons. Wasn't really one that I saw coming.

A lot of Hibs supporters are convinced Mueller is going to be an adequate replacement. I don't really know what that is based on though. Surely a lot of question marks over how he will adapt to the Scottish game still. 

Well not based on too much other than highlight reels and accolades before he came but I thought he looked decent last night and wasn't afraid to get involved. Not sure he'll be a direct replacement but I'd be happy to give him the chance for now at-least.

Glad to hear the accolades about Mitchell should it come off, liked him since he signed for Hibs in my football manager career a long time ago and was abit miffed when he went to Hearts in the cold light of day.

If he's a LWB I guess he's competition for Doig, or perhaps a replacement, which based on current form I wouldn't oppose - barring the assist last night of-course.