1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We’re interested in Dimitri Mitchell. 

I have no idea how good he would be or otherwise but this is a position we need cover in quite desperately. At the moment with Clarke out we’ve only got Doig and Cadden capable of playing wingback and it’s almost the most important position the way Maloney plays. 

8 hours ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

I have no idea how good he would be or otherwise but this is a position we need cover in quite desperately. At the moment with Clarke out we’ve only got Doig and Cadden capable of playing wingback and it’s almost the most important position the way Maloney plays. 

He divided opinion at Hearts. Overall, I liked him, personally. When he first arrived he had made appearances in the CL for Manchester United, and was seen as a ‘promising youngster’. Not sure what position he’s been playing since for Blackpool, but he is far more of an attacking player than a defensive one from his time at Tynecastle. Think he started out as a winger. He was better for us when he was on loan the first time. It’s an area of the pitch that we are pretty well covered for at the moment, so he’s not one Id want back at the expense of any of our current wingbacks or wide forwards. It’s hard to judge many players from that time at Hearts as our signing policy was a bit haphazard. There were some good players in amongst the duds, but other issues at the time stymied their chances. Others thought he was shite and/or chicken hearted.

Edited by Kyle Reese
typo

Probably the most improved player I’ve seen at Hibs. £3m is good money and he’ll be back in a couple of seasons, probably at Aberdeen.

For a man that didn’t play in the 2016 final he certainly enjoyed the celebrations. Out for a week :lol: 

49194DB9-9B95-47D8-88EC-302A86525A80.thumb.jpeg.237af7212f8cc2c63174409cb5edb5b2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, SDG2 said:
8 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:
Why? 

Pls dont encourage him i beg you

It's either:

A) He reckons he's so well known on these forums that we're all meant to know his underlying political/social/cultural calibration;

Or:

B) He's an unapologetic narcissist. 

Either way, it's the hijab for him. 

I think given what we are reportedly paying Mueller he was always being brought in with an eye to replacing whichever of Nisbet and Boyle were leaving first. Leaves us decent options in Nisbet (if he can get some form back), Mueller, Doidge, Melkerson, Henderson and Magennis for the forward 3, decent mix of combinations. Scott and Murphy too although I'd be looking to dump them and improve if at all possible, and Allan of course although I imagine he's away. There's 10 days to bring in a replacement for him but can't think of an obvious one, and we may think we're alright with what we have. Need competition at Wing Back and a CM who offers something more physical than Newall and Doyle-Hayes first imo. 

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Keeping the Hibs 🤝 StMirren tradition going, Lee Erwin goes like the clappers. Twice as fast as Boyle 👀

I'm afraid the St. Mirnian alliance is in tatters after Ross leaving and Ric's antics.

I thought they might have fucked it but fair to Hibs for getting top dollar. Boyle is the best player out with Celtic/Sevco imo but at the end of the day he is 29, his main attribute is pace and generally players in his position have peaked at that age. Add in a knee injury and goes half way round the world for international games every few months it’s the right decision.

It is the right decision, however after seeing Mueller look somewhat promising last night I'm disappointed not to have had the chance to see them play together for any length of time.

Also while I'm at it I think its pish we've seen Mackay and Tait punted out on loan to Killie, the latter of which we haven't even seen in a Hibs shirt. On last nights display I reckon Tait would offer more than Henderson from what little I know of both players, or might have been an option for a midfield which looked pedestrian and scared to make a pass last night.