1 hour ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

That’s not strictly true tbf to Ross. He spent every interview of the entire summer transfer window saying we needed a centre half. How well we’ve done so far this window just shows how much of a colossal f**k up Mathie made of the summer. We’ve clearly got money yet we’ve spent the first half of the season with gaping holes in the squad 

You’re right I probably am being unfair on Ross there. Mathie getting punted soon after the transfer window does suggest he was at fault. 

Edited by St. Jude

2 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Why not? 3m is just his market va!ue. A premium should be added. 

We won’t be getting that from the club that bid the £2m today if the Scotsman story is correct. 

Edited by Zing.

I don't see how offering Boyle an extra 500k on top of what they were originally doing makes Hibs any more likely to deal with them. Maybe makes Boyle more likely to kick up a fuss but I don't really see him exiting under a cloud. Poor from the Saudi team there. 

13 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I don't see how offering Boyle an extra 500k on top of what they were originally doing makes Hibs any more likely to deal with them. Maybe makes Boyle more likely to kick up a fuss but I don't really see him exiting under a cloud. Poor from the Saudi team there. 

Players usually get a cut of the fee these days but not if they hand in a formal transfer request. Hibs get to keep more of the cash and Boyle doesn’t lose out financially from it if he does put it in.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Same club bid again but apparently only £250k more. Martin Boyle being offered nearly 30k a week :lol: I love him but that’s fucking ridiculous patter

https://bit.ly/3HRc3Jd

Embarrassing from this mob. I would maybe bite at 3m as said but not sure Ron will. Still 20 days of window to go so I reckon they need 3.5m at 10:55 Jan 31st.

5 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Embarrassing from this mob. I would maybe bite at 3m as said but not sure Ron will. Still 20 days of window to go so I reckon they need 3.5m at 10:55 Jan 31st.

I think we might take this one.

We definitely don't want to wait til the final day of the window.

All this chat about the club refusing an offer for Boyle but imo, you have to ask why would any player would play in Saudi Arabia. It's a repressive religious autocratic regime whose history on human rights is shocking, it has deeply ingrained homophobia, misogyny and bigotry as part of the religious culture. Any player choosing to play in that country, is showing they do not have an ethical bone in their body, and they should be publicly shamed for doing so.

Just now, Ric said:

All this chat about the club refusing an offer for Boyle but imo, you have to ask why would any player would play in Saudi Arabia. 

I'd imagine the £1.5m a year salary m8.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd imagine the £1.5m a year salary m8.

That's my very point, you are being bribed to support a political and religious system that hails from the 14th century and has changed very little since then.

If you value money over principle, then you are a c**t. It really is as simple as that.

By actively choosing to play in the country, you are actively supporting inequality at every single level of society except for one, the very top.

Edited by Ric

All this chat about the club refusing an offer for Boyle but imo, you have to ask why would any player would play in Saudi Arabia. It's a repressive religious autocratic regime whose history on human rights is shocking, it has deeply ingrained homophobia, misogyny and bigotry as part of the religious culture. Any player choosing to play in that country, is showing they do not have an ethical bone in their body, and they should be publicly shamed for doing so.
1.5 million

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Agree dude. Boyle would have to leave his Mrs behind also. She ain't playing any football in the 'kingdom' so would have to give up or stay here.

Just now, Baldie1980 said:

1.5 million

Read the comment I just posted.

If you value money over other people's rights, and have to live in a society where people are treated dreadfully every single day, and to do so because of government mandate, then you are a complete c**t. It's as binary as that. No middle ground, no grey area, just a simple choice.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

That's my very point, you are being bribed to support a political and religious system that hails from the 14th century and has changed very little since then.

If you value money over principle, then you are a c**t. It really is as simple as that.

By actively choosing to play in the country, you are actively supporting inequality at every single level of society except for one, the very top.

297.jpeg.a72da82ab0f020c6bece032d0a2176e3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Agree dude. Boyle would have to leave his Mrs behind also. She ain't playing any football in the 'kingdom' so would have to give up or stay here.

I never even thought about his wife, but it's a good point, do you think she want to go to a place where she is automatically a second class citizen? Not sure if they have kids, but can you imagine brining up kids in a repressive regime?

Edit: f**k off Random, don't be a p***k.

Edited by Ric

Just now, Ric said:

Read the comment I just posted.

If you value money over other people's rights, and have to live in a society where people are treated dreadfully every single day, and to do so because of government mandate, then you are a complete c**t. It's as binary as that. No middle ground, no grey area, just a simple choice.

No way are they paying him 1.5 when they won't even bid the club's valuation. Maybe 1m which comes with plenty baggage for Boyle as said.