20 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Plastic Whistle fans are absolutely rattled by Caldwell.

Rattled? We genuine feel sorry for you. 

Thistle fans were just glad to see the. back our worst manager in living memory.

Chesterfield fans had the same low opinion of him. IIRC his record there was even worse.

Any football club that employs that useless charlatan in a managerial position must be run by idiots.

People are obviously ignoring that Caldwell has been appointed Assistant manager rather than manager, because Partick thistle fans are still raging about their FULLY JUSTIFIED series of relegations. Anyone who tries to claim that they wouldn't like an assistant with the sort of outside the box attitude that makes you think "hang on, what if we have the players kidnapped by the SAS" is either a liar or a fucking loser. Maloney the big brains, SDG the voice of reason of what's possible with an SPFL quality squad, Caldwell to find new and unique ways to terrify them.

Partick Thistle were kidnapped by the SAS. But how much did Gary Caldwell know? - BBC Sport

I want him to treat them so badly that Lewis Stevenson retires in disgust and has a Sauzee-esque period of refusing to acknowledge any association with the club; I want Martin Boyle to be forced to breed with an actual Kangaroo; I want Matt Macey stretched on the rack to make him even taller; I want Paul McGinn to be hypnotised into thinking he is John; I want Christian Doidge to be given an additional role as a squad policeman to mace and truncheon anyone enjoying themself in the face.

On 20/12/2021 at 17:13, Bob Mahelp said:

I agree with you on the rest of your post, but that's a bold assertion considering Porteous's every growing reputation in Scotland as a complete liability. 

I'm a big believer in giving young central defenders the time to develop, but I suspect that Porteous will have to leave Hibs for a lower Championship or League 1 side in England, and start impressing. 

There's no sign at the moment that he's learning from the (regular) mistakes that he seems to make. 

That could have went better.

What do you chaps reckon should be done about Nisbet? He seems to have all but chucked it since he didn't get his move after, what was it, one decent season? Is it actually just poor form and low confidence or is it a return of the entitled lazy attitude that saw him released by us at the start of his career?

19 minutes ago, velo army said:

What do you chaps reckon should be done about Nisbet? He seems to have all but chucked it since he didn't get his move after, what was it, one decent season? Is it actually just poor form and low confidence or is it a return of the entitled lazy attitude that saw him released by us at the start of his career?

Loan back to you should sort him out imo

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Stick by him like any decent club should.  It's not exactly his own fault he exceeded expectations last year.  The boy will come good again. 

Although he has missed some easy chances, he usually gets f**k all to work with. He’s look much better recently playing with a strike partner again after struggling for months up there alone. Losing Doidge didn’t help him at all either. 

Hopefully the new manager and style of play will bring the best out of him. We’ll sign players in January so the help/competition will help as well. 

10 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Although he has missed some easy chances, he usually gets f**k all to work with. He’s look much better recently playing with a strike partner again after struggling for months up there alone. Losing Doidge didn’t help him at all either. 

Hopefully the new manager and style of play will bring the best out of him. We’ll sign players in January so the help/competition will help as well. 

It's the easy option to slate KN.  It's usually when some player has a disaster the reply is "aye what about Nisbet?"  The Livi game he was doing his pan in running back trying to get the ball because there was no hint of creativity at all.    He's the fall guy and he works 100% better with someone up top with him and has been playing through injury. 

Nisbet has been struggling certainly but not through lack of effort imo. 

Easy to forget but at the start of the season, while still struggling for goals, he was playing very well. With Magennis playing almost as a shadow striker, or certainly willing to break beyond into the box, Nisbet was able to drop deep, feed it wide or set a midfielder up for a through ball to Boyle, Magennis or Murphy. 

the first Hibs goal above is probably the best visualization of this working. Note that Doidge later came on and allowed Nisbet to drop into more of a 10 role. Both Doidge and moreso Magennis' absences have left Nisbet in a shite position, briefly covered up by Boyle hitting his best form before the slump. 

Nisbet can still neat a man, wins more headers than he should and his quick link up play is very good when he gets support. He doesn't have the pace or the ability to hold it for long periods to do the job he's been asked to do recently though. 

The 91:25 analysis guy had a good thread on how Maloney may set up given his time with Belgium and suggests we may see a 3421 with Mueller and Boyle supporting Nisbet from more central positions, and if our midfield mix can be sorted I think that's an exciting thought. 

Eta here's the thread:

fwiw I think Doidge should be getting a run in the team ahead of Nisbet atm, although if Maloney is intending to play fast with an interchanging front 3 doesn't massively suit him. But the rumours were always that Nisbet hadn't been training for a large part of the season to manage an injury, and even if not scratching the head  a bit as to why he still hasn't been given any meaningful rest since Doidge came back. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

According to the record a 500k bid for Boyle, from Saudi Arabia, has been knocked back…... A travel vlog of Martin Boyle in Saudi Arabia would be some watch.

Although I don’t see him moving to the Middle East I’m concerned this is the start of a number of bids for him during January. After his comments about Ross leaving I wouldn’t be surprised if his agent is drumming up interest.

1 hour ago, St. Jude said:

According to the record a 500k bid for Boyle, from Saudi Arabia, has been knocked back…... A travel vlog of Martin Boyle in Saudi Arabia would be some watch.

Although I don’t see him moving to the Middle East I’m concerned this is the start of a number of bids for him during January. After his comments about Ross leaving I wouldn’t be surprised if his agent is drumming up interest.

Perhaps, but he is on a very good contract with us, his wife plays for us and is settled in Edinburgh.  Unless some offer is fantastic (for him and Hibs) I dont see him going anywhere.

While the JR comments showed he liked him, players - like fans - are fickle.

Having said all that, if he got the chance to become an overnight millionaire, i wouldnt grudge him at all after his career here.